Game Day Thread? Colts @ Bills

EmotionallyUnstable

39 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

How do you judge these wide receivers when they are as erratic as Shavers and Shakir, making some great catches and then dropping easy ones?

Tommy Doyle sure has bad luck. I hope his knee is not destroyed again. 

You just evaluate based on "most upside" and ability to "make plays". The answer is Shakir

15 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Only 59 targets

36 catches , 570 yards, 15.8 ypc, 3 TD plus has an all pro as a returner 

He was allegedly wanted by a few teams and came here for less $.. He's definitely going to have an impact 

Screenshot_20230812_174552_Chrome.jpg

not today though. 

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

That’s some hall of good commentary there

Hall of Fair maybe?

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Time for this?

Incidentally that composition is titled "Entrance of the Gladiators."

I know... hard to believe.

2 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Gouraige not looking bad

He's a brave young man.

2 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

Jeff Nixon is all over the place now

2 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Marv 'Ateman?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marv_Bateman

2 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Can this guy push Jordan Phillips off the roster?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Was hard for the receivers who played with Kyle Allen to have an impact. He was absolute garbage.

Hard to blame Kyle Allen for ineffective punt returning.  While also saying Shorter showed nothing.  

5 hours ago, wppete said:

No one standing out so far apart from James Cook. 

You don't think anyone on the O-Line stood out?

5 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Is it just me, or does Murray glide like FredEx?

He's a lot taller than I thought. Almost looks like a wide receiver.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Do we keep 7 WR’s? 

Diggs

Davis

Sherfield

Harty

Shakir

Shorter

Shavers / Isabella / Ateman / Patmon

Why do we have to keep Harty? Related to finances? 

3 hours ago, Let's Go Buffalo said:

A decent way to start things. Can't wait to watch the re-run.....I think tomorrow morning on NFL Network. 

I'll wait until the 2nd half when Barkley is at QB😎

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mannc said:

How did Richardson look for Indy?

IMO not good.

Boneheaded INT early on while under duress. Some off target throws. He threw a few good check down balls and one very nice 20 yard strike. 

I think it’ll be a long year for him relying on the ground. 

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Shavers seems to only be helping his case to make the team. I saw him getting snaps on ST but couldn’t tell you if what he did was any good. 

Don’t really care if Shorter was a late round draft pick. Keep the guy who makes more plays. 

This.

This team has to be done with unreliable potential. WR 4-6 can’t drop balls when open. If they’re stashing these guys because of raw athleticism or measurables, do it on the PS. We are in a position where rostered players need to be able to contribute if called upon. 

Hanging onto Shorter or Shakir because they could eventually be a decent WR3? Pass. Give me the best guy now, as the next year or two we are likely going to be investing heavily in pass catchers 

19 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

IMO not good.

Boneheaded INT early on while under duress. Some off target throws. He threw a few good check down balls and one very nice 20 yard strike. 

I thought he looked like a guy with a strong arm that made a bad play early and kept playing.  He threw nice dropped TD as well.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

IMO not good.

This.

This team has to be done with unreliable potential. WR 4-6 can’t drop balls when open. If they’re stashing these guys because of raw athleticism or measurables, do it on the PS. We are in a position where rostered players need to be able to contribute if called upon. 

Hanging onto Shorter or Shakir because they could eventually be a decent WR3? Pass. Give me the best guy now, as the next year or two we are likely going to be investing heavily in pass catchers 

Shavers dropped two of the five passes that were thrown to him. One, I’ll admit was the lousy Allen pass that got intercepted, but the other was right to him.

50 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I'll wait until the 2nd half when Barkley is at QB😎

It’s not unmovable money but it’d be a surprise to take the hit. He’s also some of the last elite speed on the offense with Hines hurt. 

14 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I thought he looked like a guy with a strong arm that made a bad play early and kept playing.  He threw nice dropped TD as well.

Strong arm for sure. I’m just not going to give him kudos for continuing to try to make plays. That’s just expected at this level. 

As always, time will tell! I don’t think he’s surrounded with the talent to help him get there.

Kinda a ho-hum game.  if Kyle Allen continues to struggle, Barkley may take his job, he looked pretty good today, albeit against mostly 3rd and 4th stringers. Still, a 154 rating with only 1 incompletion and 2 TD passes is good no matter who it's against.

4 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

He's a rookie and he's going to make mistakes. 

But at 6'4 230lbs running a 4.5, the measurables are there

Shorter’s been “looks like Tarzan plays like Jane” since coming into college as a 5 star, disappointing, transferring, etc. guys just not a good football player.

9 hours ago, zow2 said:

Barkley has always been solid at those touch, drop in the bucket passes.  They just have to be able to give him that extra half second in the pocket.  When the opponents scheme to pressure him that’s when he can get into trouble.

But i’d trust him over Kyle Allen.  I don’t get what anyone has ever seen in KA?  Maybe he’d be OK as a backup for a team with few expectations like the Texans but the Bills are still in the “window”.  They need a backup that can manage his way to some wins if necessary. It’s crucial 

In 2019, Kyle Allen played well more often than badly for the Panthers.  Started 12 games, 5-7 overall - team won 5 out of the first 6 games he started with a lousy defense.  He had some really good games, and also like 3 skunks, really bad stinkers.  Overall threw too many picks, but that's not uncommon in the 1st year a QB starts.   Rivera thought well enough to trade for him and he started a handful of games and looked OK.

Then he had a bad injury - dislocated and broken ankle after being leg-whipped - which put him on IR for the rest of the season. 

He frankly hasn't looked like the same guy in the games he's started, since.  I don't know if the ankle still isn't right, or if throwing while rehabbing screwed up his motion, or if being injured like that screwed with his head for the game.

Point is, what people saw in Kyle Allen was some real flashes in 2019 along with some sub-par play.  He didn't look as good in Washington, but the whole team was bad so who knows. 

But the last 2 years, not the same.

I frankly don't trust either Barkley OR Kyle Allen to mind the store  and at least break even.

Edited by Beck Water

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Kinda a ho-hum game.  if Kyle Allen continues to struggle, Barkley may take his job, he looked pretty good today, albeit against mostly 3rd and 4th stringers. Still, a 154 rating with only 1 incompletion and 2 TD passes is good no matter who it's against.

and I believe the incompletion was a drop.

19 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I just edited my post. I forgot I was behind in the game. Lol. I meant that (last?) Barkley TD drive with the TD pass to Patmon at the end. Allen came out and did that celebration with Barkley and it looked like he possibly had a call sheet in his hand. I also saw a radio on his waist line but I rewound and didn’t see him wearing a headset so I’m thinking maybe not.

so I guess the answer was ‘yes’ after all…

18 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Essentially. Multi-year deal and $5M guaranteed.

He’s a rather underwhelming replacement for McKenzie, but the Hines injury nearly guarantees his spot as a returner no matter the cap hit. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.