I have the Bills 53 man roster right here

Matt_In_NH

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

My Predicted 53 after Training Camp: 

QB - Josh Allen, Kyle Allen

RB - James Cook, Damien Harris, Latavius Murray

FB - Reggie Gilliam

WR - Stefon Diggs, Gabe Davis, Deonte Harty, Trent Sherfield, Khalil Shakir, Justin Shorter

TE - Dawson Knox, Dalton Kincaid, Quintin Morris

OL - Dion Dawkins, Connor McGovern, Mitch Morse, O'Cyrus Torrence, Spencer Brown, Ryan Bates, David Edwards, David Quessenberry, Tommy Doyle

DE - Von Miller (PUP), Leonard Floyd, Greg Rousseau, A.J. Epenesa, Shaq Lawson, Boogie Basham

DT - Ed Oliver, Daquan Jones, Jordan Phillips, Poona Ford, Tim Settle

LB - Matt Milano, Tyrel Dodson, Dorian Williams, Terrel Bernard, A.J. Klein, Tyler Matakevitch

CB - Tre'Davious White, Kaiir Elam, Taron Johnson, Dane Jackson, Christian Benford, Siran Neal

S - Jordan Poyer, Micah Hyde, Taylor Rapp, Damar Hamlin

ST - Tyler Bass, Sam Martin, Reid Ferguson

Cuts:

QB - Matt Barkley

RB - Darrynton Evans, Jordan Mims

WR - Andy Isabella, Tyrell Shavers, Dezmon Patmon, Isaiah Coulter, KeeSean Johnson, Marcell Ateman, Bryan Thompson

TE - Jace Sternberger, Joel Wilson

OL - Ike Boettger, Nick Broeker, Richard Gouraige, Greg Mancz, Kevin Jarvis, Ryan Van Demark, Alec Anderson

DE - Shane Ray, Kingsley Jonathan, Kameron Cline

DT - Eli Ankou, DJ Dale, Kendall Vickers, Cortez Broughton

LB - Baylon Spector, Travin Howard

CB - Cam Lewis, Alex Austin, Ja'Marcus Ingram, Kyrin Brown

S - Dean Marlowe, Zayne Anderson, Jared Mayden

I’m going to do some more in depth watching these next couple preseason games but because we play a lot of nickel and not a lot of base 4-3 sets and because outside of Milano the rest of the LBs we have are jags I doubt we keep so many especially since we use a lot of offensive guys on STs so we don’t need to keep subpar LBs. That being said I was impressed with Howard over any of the other LBs in that first preseason game. Very instinctive. I hope Beane and McDermott don’t keep players like Bernard and Shorter over guys who have proved more on the field and in practice. It’s ok to cut your losses and get the best actual fits for our team

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

FB - Reggie Gilliam

WR - Stefon Diggs, Gabe Davis, Deonte Harty, Trent Sherfield, Khalil Shakir, Justin Shorter

OL - Dion Dawkins, Connor McGovern, Mitch Morse, O'Cyrus Torrence, Spencer Brown, Ryan Bates, David Edwards, David Quessenberry, Tommy Doyle

DE - Von Miller (PUP), Leonard Floyd, Greg Rousseau, A.J. Epenesa, Shaq Lawson, Boogie Basham

LB - Matt Milano, Tyrel Dodson, Dorian Williams, Terrel Bernard, A.J. Klein, Tyler Matakevitch

CB - Tre'Davious White, Kaiir Elam, Taron Johnson, Dane Jackson, Christian Benford, Siran Neal

Cuts:

QB - Matt Barkley

WR - Andy Isabella, Tyrell Shavers, Dezmon Patmon, Isaiah Coulter, KeeSean Johnson, Marcell Ateman, Bryan Thompson

OL - Ike Boettger, Nick Broeker, Richard Gouraige, Greg Mancz, Kevin Jarvis, Ryan Van Demark, Alec Anderson

At first I didn’t really understand bringing in Isabella but maybe there is a path for him on this roster.

Not sure Shorter has shown much if anything to date to warrant anything..I also think Isabella offers more upside this season if we need to fit him in somewhere. 

28 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

At first I didn’t really understand bringing in Isabella but maybe there is a path for him on this roster.

Not sure Shorter has shown much if anything to date to warrant anything..I also think Isabella offers more upside this season if we need to fit him in somewhere. 

I haven't heard much positive news at all about Shorter and he did nothing in the preseason game, but he's a draft pick and plays special teams so he's gotta have the edge, even though Isabella seems to be having a much better camp but where does he fit into the lineup? 

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

I haven't heard much positive news at all about Shorter and he did nothing in the preseason game, but he's a draft pick and plays special teams so he's gotta have the edge, even though Isabella seems to be having a much better camp but where does he fit into the lineup? 

I dont think he does. he is playing with the 3's and 4's.

9 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

With the team they have, no Day 3 draft pick is assured of anything anymore.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

It’s obviously fun to play armchair head coach but everyone needs to keep in mind that the front office is looking at a lot more than tape from the Colts game to make their final decisions. Just like every year I’m guessing there’ll be a couple of cuts that seem to be real head scratchers to the fanbase. And just like every year I’ll look at the final 53 and say “Wow, that was a whole lot of chatter just to get that sixth WR and/or LB straightened out.”

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Yeah I guess Hodgins never did make the team out of camp so Shorter isn't necessarily a lock either. However, I do think they drafted him because they expected him to be able to make the team as a contributor on special teams, so that should help him. 

9 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

Yeah I guess Hodgins never did make the team out of camp so Shorter isn't necessarily a lock either. However, I do think they drafted him because they expected him to be able to make the team as a contributor on special teams, so that should help him. 

It's something, but Shavers can also play STs.  

5 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Quessenberry isn't going anywhere following Shell's retirement. The depth chart released during the Pre-Season is pretty much meaningless. We'll keep 4 OT's and I don't see Gouraige making it over him. And Shell's retirement was almost surely because he knew he wasn't making the team over Quessenberry and Doyle.

That is entirely speculative. As far as the facts, the depth charts & in-game deployment spoke otherwise as to Shell's prospects for the 53. 

Quess is empirically bad won't be getting better, if Gouraige is only a little worse at least he has upside (and cap savings).

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree the makeup of the roster. The three individual questions are:

1. Doyle (health)

2. K Allen (performance and McDermott's admission on open competition)

3. Shorter (lack of impact on both O and STs in camp and PS1)

Think those are the three spots I see as up for grabs. 

1.) Before Shell's retirement, I'd tend to agree with you. But with that happening, unless they're going to keep a wild card like Gouraige or Van Demark instead, he'll be here. We're going to keep at least 4 OT's.

2.) Make no mistake about it, Kyle didn't look good last week and had shaky moments throughout Camp. But Keenum looked pretty bad in the beginning last season as well. As McDermott said there's a "learning curve" when new QB's come on the team. 

This late into the Offseason and with the only other option being Matt Barkley, I imagine that when push comes to shove, they'll still view Kyle's traits and more recent track history of performing in the league as the better option amongst the two. But that could change if he performs god awful in the last two games.

3.) Shorter was always viewed as a Developmental prospect. A guy with great measurables and of high pedigree coming out of college that would take some time. 

If he were drafted in the 7th or late 6th, I'd probably agree with you. But having spent a 5th on him, I think he's going to get at least a year in the system, regardless of underwhelming performance so far.

17 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

A question for all; 

What would a corresponding move activating Von look like in your scenario (barring injuries and such)?

I ask because in this current roster, I’m guessing you axe the 5th DT or possibly Cam Lewis since both Siran Neal and Benford and could play safety if needed 

I think they'll keep an extra Defensive End on the roster while Von is out that will get axed when he's ready.

17 hours ago, Doc said:

The question is, can they justify keeping a roster spot for Reggie Gillian?

This isn't even a question. It's not a "justification" in their eyes. They gave him a contract extension just last season. He's not going anywhere.

16 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

I’m going to do some more in depth watching these next couple preseason games but because we play a lot of nickel and not a lot of base 4-3 sets and because outside of Milano the rest of the LBs we have are jags I doubt we keep so many especially since we use a lot of offensive guys on STs so we don’t need to keep subpar LBs. That being said I was impressed with Howard over any of the other LBs in that first preseason game. Very instinctive. I hope Beane and McDermott don’t keep players like Bernard and Shorter over guys who have proved more on the field and in practice. It’s ok to cut your losses and get the best actual fits for our team

You may feel that way. But that's not how they operate. Investments matter. They spent a 3rd Rounder on Bernard just last season. He was either the starting MLB or first backup for this team before he got injured (probably still is when healthy). Bernard will be on this roster.

Shorter, again, as I touched on above was always drafted as a guy who would need some time to develop. Year 1 mainly working on Special Teams. If he were drafted later, maybe they'd wash their hands of him. But they're going to give a 5th Rounder at least a year.

15 hours ago, Doc said:

Again, a 5th Round Pick is different than a late 6th or 7th. And even guys like Stevenson and Hodgins who were drafted later were given some time before they gave up on the investment. Beane has never given up on a Rookie Draft Pick that high, that quickly. 

12 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

That is entirely speculative. As far as the facts, the depth charts & in-game deployment spoke otherwise as to Shell's prospects for the 53. 

Quess is empirically bad won't be getting better, if Gouraige is only a little worse at least he has upside (and cap savings).

True, it is speculative that Shell retired because he didn't have a path to the roster. But 9 times out of 10, that is the reason when veteran free agents retire at this point in the year.

You may view him as "empirically bad". But he is and has been the first Backup OT on this team. With Shell's retirement, his spot is even more secure. If they felt he was as bad as you think he is, they wouldn't have re-signed him early in the Offseason.

If you're hoping or expecting that he'll be released in favor of some combination of 2 of the 3 of Doyle, Gouraige, and Van Demark beneath Dawkins and Brown - you're going to be disappointed. They want at least one guy with experience.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

35 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

1.) Before Shell's retirement, I'd tend to agree with you. But with that happening, unless they're going to keep a wild card like Gouraige or Van Demark instead, he'll be here. We're going to keep at least 4 OT's.

2.) Make no mistake about it, Kyle didn't look good last week and had shaky moments throughout Camp. But Keenum looked pretty bad in the beginning last season as well. As McDermott said there's a "learning curve" when new QB's come on the team. 

This late into the Offseason and with the only other option being Matt Barkley, I imagine that when push comes to shove, they'll still view Kyle's traits and more recent track history of performing in the league as the better option amongst the two. But that could change if he performs god awful in the last two games.

3.) Shorter was always viewed as a Developmental prospect. A guy with great measurables and of high pedigree coming out of college that would take some time. 

If he were drafted in the 7th or late 6th, I'd probably agree with you. But having spent a 5th on him, I think he's going to get at least a year in the system, regardless of underwhelming performance so far.

1. If Doyle can stay healthy he is on the team. He has two games to get through healthy. That isn't a given. He is one more nick up from missing.

2. I think Kyle Allen was worse than the numbers last week. They flattered him. And McDermott who has been careful to avoid a QB2 competition thus far even when Barkley outplayed him in practice was about as critical as he ever gets publicly after the game and then said it was an open competition. If he plays that badly again this weekend I think he will play himself off the roster. And tbh, having seen him completely fail to execute the QB position last week I think the chances are high. 

3. Yea Shorter has the benefit of the doubt.... but it is his teams play as much as anything that has me a little concerned for him. Your 6th receiver HAS to play special teams. And he hasn't established himself as a definite starter on that unit. What might save him is I don't necessarily think anyone behind him in queue has either. You mention Hodgins and Stevenson above... they both got the mysterious end of camp injury red shirt year. That is an option for them here too.

I think Doyle and Shorter probably make it, but there is routes to them not. I think Kyle Allen will play himself off the team.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

1. If Doyle can stay healthy he is on the team. He has two games to get through healthy. That isn't a given. He is one more nick up from missing.

2. I think Kyle Allen was worse than the numbers last week. They flattered him. And McDermott who has been careful to avoid a QB2 competition thus far even when Barkley outplayed him in practice was about as critical as he ever gets publicly after the game and then said it was an open competition. If he plays that badly again this weekend I think he will play himself off the roster. And tbh, having seen him completely fail to execute the QB position last week I think the chances are high. 

3. Yea Shorter has the benefit of the doubt.... but it is his teams play as much as anything that has me a little concerned for him. Your 6th receiver HAS to play special teams. And he hasn't established himself as a definite starter on that unit. What might save him is I don't necessarily think anyone behind him in queue has either. You mention Hodgins and Stevenson above... they both got the mysterious end of camp injury red shirt year. That is an option for them here too.

I think Doyle and Shorter probably make it, but there is routes to them not. I think Kyle Allen will play himself off the team.

I think the next two Pre-Season games will be telling when it comes to Kyle Allen and Matt Barkley. If Barkley runs with the 3's for both games, I'd be surprised if Allen was unseated. However, if come Game 3 Barkley is running with the 2's, then Allen's probably not making the 53.

As for the idea of Shorter being Red Shirted, he'll need to have a legitimate injury they can play off of. In the case of Isaiah Hodgins' Shoulder, he had surgery on it during the season he was on IR.

Marquez Stevenson was also injured during Training Camp and was put on IR for a foot injury. He was activated at the end of November that same year and then had surgery on his foot following the season.

So while it seemed questionable at the time, both injuries were legitimate and both ended up requiring surgery. They can't just say "yeah, he has an injury and he'll be on IR for the year" and just make it up.

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I think the next two Pre-Season games will be telling when it comes to Kyle Allen and Matt Barkley. If Barkley runs with the 3's for both games, I'd be surprised if Allen was unseated. However, if come Game 3 Barkley is running with the 2's, then Allen's probably not making the 53.

As for the idea of Shorter being Red Shirted, he'll need to have a legitimate injury they can play off of. In the case of Isaiah Hodgins' Shoulder, he had surgery on it during the season he was on IR.

Marquez Stevenson was also injured during Training Camp and was put on IR for a foot injury. He was activated at the end of November that same year and then had surgery on his foot following the season.

So while it seemed questionable at the time, both injuries were legitimate and both ended up requiring surgery. They can't just say "yeah, he has an injury and he'll be on IR for the year" and just make it up.

No but they can take a small injury that is easily recoverable in that year and IR him for the year if the player is agreeable (and they often are). The Stevenson one was that. He could have played that year. As you admit he did play prior to the surgery. That was a stash job.

7 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I think they'll keep an extra Defensive End on the roster while Von is out that will get axed when he's ready.

This isn't even a question. It's not a "justification" in their eyes. They gave him a contract extension just last season. He's not going anywhere.

You may feel that way. But that's not how they operate. Investments matter. They spent a 3rd Rounder on Bernard just last season. He was either the starting MLB or first backup for this team before he got injured (probably still is when healthy). Bernard will be on this roster.

Shorter, again, as I touched on above was always drafted as a guy who would need some time to develop. Year 1 mainly working on Special Teams. If he were drafted later, maybe they'd wash their hands of him. But they're going to give a 5th Rounder at least a year.

Again, a 5th Round Pick is different than a late 6th or 7th. And even guys like Stevenson and Hodgins who were drafted later were given some time before they gave up on the investment. Beane has never given up on a Rookie Draft Pick that high, that quickly. 

True, it is speculative that Shell retired because he didn't have a path to the roster. But 9 times out of 10, that is the reason when veteran free agents retire at this point in the year.

You may view him as "empirically bad". But he is and has been the first Backup OT on this team. With Shell's retirement, his spot is even more secure. If they felt he was as bad as you think he is, they wouldn't have re-signed him early in the Offseason.

If you're hoping or expecting that he'll be released in favor of some combination of 2 of the 3 of Doyle, Gouraige, and Van Demark beneath Dawkins and Brown - you're going to be disappointed. They want at least one guy with experience.

I meant he won't make the 53 man roster.  PS, sure.

Did Kyle Allen light it up against the Colts? No…he didn’t. But the pick six interception certainly wasn’t on him. I have no idea whether he has the skills but one half of an opening preseason game without the starting receivers probably isn’t going to define his career. 

• Disagree 2

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Did Kyle Allen light it up against the Colts? No…he didn’t. But the pick six interception certainly wasn’t on him. I have no idea whether he has the skills but one half of an opening preseason game without the starting receivers probably isn’t going to define his career. 

I think it was on him. Shouldn't have thrown it and threw a 5 yard pass 3 yards off target. 

75% QB, 25% receiver.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

One of the Deep Mysteries of Life to me: how Dorsey could say, with a straight face, that Allen and Barkley graded out about the same.

The only thing I can think of is using some kind of "do your job" grading system, where if the OL lets a rusher through right away for a sack, that doesn't count against the QB.  But when the QB's reaction to said sack is to throw up a jump ball 6 yds behind the LOS with defenders in the area, I would think that still needs to count against him.  Ditto when the reaction to a busted screen play is to throw off-target past an onrushing defender and with others in the area (the pick)

Dirt that puppy or throw it out of bounds.

20 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Disagree, and actually Allen said as much - that the receiver got "hung up a bit" and he either needed to "get it to him or get it in the dirt".

53 minutes ago, Doc said:

I meant he won't make the 53 man roster.  PS, sure.

I think the fact that the Bills have 4 WR with a very similar physical type on their roster (Shorter, Shavers, Ateman, Patman) says they really want one of them on the 53.  Which is why I didn't think Isabella had a shot.

But McDermott et al are making me second guess myself.

Edited by Beck Water

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think the fact that the Bills have 4 WR with a very similar physical type on their roster (Shorter, Shavers, Ateman, Patman) says they really want one of them on the 53.  Which is why I didn't think Isabella had a shot.

But McDermott et al are making me second guess myself.

They are definitely looking for a taller WR.  I have no idea how it's going to shake out.

21 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

IIRC, Ryan Van Demark played LT with the 2nd string along with Shell at RT.

On 8/17/2023 at 4:08 AM, BillsFanForever19 said:

FB - Reggie Gilliam

Cuts:

QB - Matt Barkley

Your 53 is pretty much what I see.  Shorter is the only "unknown".  Isabella has a chance to take it over in the next 3 weeks but probably not.

Kyle Allen will have to play really bad in both the remaining games to get cut.  Cam Lewis has a slight chance still but that would mean a

Siran Neal cut, and I don't see that happening either.

I foolishly threw out my 16 "hopeful" to make it to the PS.  Of course, the PS will cycle through others as time goes by.

On 8/17/2023 at 8:26 AM, Doc said:

Yea unless a mid and lower drsft pick  really shines they really shouldn't be making a team as good as the Bills are currently.   

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Your 53 is pretty much what I see.  Shorter is the only "unknown".  Isabella has a chance to take it over in the next 3 weeks but probably not.

Kyle Allen will have to play really bad in both the remaining games to get cut.  Cam Lewis has a slight chance still but that would mean a

Siran Neal cut, and I don't see that happening either.

I foolishly threw out my 16 "hopeful" to make it to the PS.  Of course, the PS will cycle through others as time goes by.

I think Isabella has a chance to stick. We'll be keeping 7 WR's instead of 6 if that happens, with a position elsewhere carrying 1 less player. Maybe 4 DE's instead of 5. But I still see it more likely that he'll be on the Practice Squad and the first WR up if there's an injury.

Shorter is going to be here. He hasn't done anything so awful that they're going to pass on trying to develop him and give up on a 5th Round Pick before he even gets to the regular season. Beane has never outright cut a Rookie Draft Pick that high in Year 1.

He traded away Wyatt Teller in Year 1 and he's regretted that decision ever since.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Updates prior Preseason Game 3

Pushing for a spot:  Cam Cline, Kingsley Jonathan, Andy Isabella

Bubble guys:   Baylon Spector, Cam Lewis, Shaq Lawson, Damien Harris, Khalil Shakir

Trade candidates:  Epenesa, Basham, other DE's if a team is willing to pay something.  Shakir.  I think Beane will be exploring anything if someone is will to provide a pick or possbly a backup tackle.

I do think there could be some minor surprise cuts that both mitigate a risk and reduce cap.  But I dont really see that happening.

Looking at Spotrac I am surprised they guaranteed Dean Marlowe $252K and Barkley $235K when it was likely those guys would not make it.

10 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Bubble guys:   Baylon Spector, Cam Lewis, Shaq Lawson, Damien Harris, Khalil Shakir

Trade candidates:  Epenesa, Basham, other DE's if a team is willing to pay something.  Shakir.  I think Beane will be exploring anything if someone is will to provide a pick or possbly a backup tackle.

I do think there could be some minor surprise cuts that both mitigate a risk and reduce cap.  But I dont really see that happening.

Looking at Spotrac I am surprised they guaranteed Dean Marlowe $252K and Barkley $235K when it was likely those guys would not make it.

Damien Harris isn't someone I'd describe as being on the bubble. He will be a big part of the offense this year.

11 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Pocket change!

• Sad 1

QB - Allen

RB - Cook, Harris

FB - Gilliam

WR - Diggs, Davis, Sherfield

TE - Knox, Kincaid

OT - Dawkins, Brown

IOL - Morse, Torrence, Bates, Edwards, McGovern-PUP?

DE - Rousseau, Floyd, Miller-PUP

DT - Oliver, Jones

LB - Milano, Williams

CB - White, Benford, Johnson, Neal, Jackson

S - Poyer, Hyde, Rapp

K - Bass

P - Martin

LS - Ferguson

(34)

The rest don’t matter. Keep them, cut them, trade them. Need to go outside the org for multiple players.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Final Prediction including Practice Squad:

- This is only based on players who are here and not potential moves. At the very least, there will be a surprise or two on the Practice Squad from somewhere else.

I believe it's also very likely Case Keenum will be brought back from Houston to be the Backup and also possible a vet is signed in Van Demark's roster spot. 

QB:
Josh Allen #17 
Kyle Allen #9

RB:
James Cook #4
Damien Harris #22
Latavius Murray #28
-
Reggie Gilliam #41

WR:
Stefon Diggs #14
Gabe Davis #13

Deonte Harty #11
Trent Sherfield #16
Khalil Shakir #10
Justin Shorter #18

TE: 
Dawson Knox #88

Dalton Kincaid #86
Quintin Morris #85

OL:
Dion Dawkins #73
Connor McGovern #66
Mitch Morse #60
O'Cyrus Torrence #64
Spencer Brown #79
-
Ryan Bates #71
David Edwards #76
David Quessenberry #77
Ryan Van Demark #74

DE: 
Leonard Floyd #56
Greg Rousseau #50
Shaq Lawson #90
A.J. Epenesa #57
Carlos Basham Jr. #55

DT:
Ed Oliver #91
DaQuan Jones #92
Poona Ford #98
Jordan Phillips #97
Tim Settle #99

LB:
Matt Milano #58
Tyrel Dodson #53
Terrel Bernard #43
Dorian Williams #42
A.J. Klein #52
Tyler Matakevitch #44

CB:
Tre'Davious White #27
Kaiir Elam #24
Dane Jackson #30
Taron Johnson #7
Christian Benford #47
Siran Neal #33

S:
Jordan Poyer #21
Micah Hyde #23
Taylor Rapp #20
Damar Hamlin #3

ST:
Tyler Bass #2
Sam Martin #8
Reid Ferguson #69

PUP Reserved:

DE Von Miller #40

LB Baylon Spector #54

Practice Squad:

QB Matt Barkley
RB Darrynton Evans
WR Andy Isabella
WR KeeSean Johnson
WR Tyrell Shavers
OL Alec Anderson
OL Ike Boettger
OL Nick Broeker
OL Richard Gouraige
DE Kingsley Jonathan
DT Eli Ankou
LB Travin Howard
CB Cam Lewis
CB Alex Austin

CB Ja'Marcus Ingram
S Dean Marlowe 

• Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

- This is only based on players who are here and not potential moves. At the very least, there will be a surprise or two on the Practice Squad from somewhere else.

I believe it's also very likely Case Keenum will be brought back from Houston to be the Backup and also possible a vet is signed in Van Demark's roster spot. 

QB:
Josh Allen #17 
Kyle Allen #9

RB:
James Cook #4
Damien Harris #22
Latavius Murray #28
-
Reggie Gilliam #41

WR:
Stefon Diggs #14
Gabe Davis #13

Deonte Harty #11
Trent Sherfield #16
Khalil Shakir #10
Justin Shorter #18

TE: 
Dawson Knox #88

Dalton Kincaid #86
Quintin Morris #85

OL:
Dion Dawkins #73
Connor McGovern #66
Mitch Morse #60
O'Cyrus Torrence #64
Spencer Brown #79
-
Ryan Bates #71
David Edwards #76
David Quessenberry #77
Ryan Van Demark #74

DE: 
Leonard Floyd #56
Greg Rousseau #50
Shaq Lawson #90
A.J. Epenesa #57
Carlos Basham Jr. #55

DT:
Ed Oliver #91
DaQuan Jones #92
Poona Ford #98
Jordan Phillips #97
Tim Settle #99

LB:
Matt Milano #58
Tyrel Dodson #53
Terrel Bernard #43
Dorian Williams #42
A.J. Klein #52
Tyler Matakevitch #44

CB:
Tre'Davious White #27
Kaiir Elam #24
Dane Jackson #30
Taron Johnson #7
Christian Benford #47
Siran Neal #33

S:
Jordan Poyer #21
Micah Hyde #23
Taylor Rapp #20
Damar Hamlin #3

ST:
Tyler Bass #2
Sam Martin #8
Reid Ferguson #69

PUP Reserved:

DE Von Miller #40

LB Baylon Spector #54

Practice Squad:

QB Matt Barkley
RB Darrynton Evans
WR Andy Isabella
WR KeeSean Johnson
WR Tyrell Shavers
OL Alec Anderson
OL Ike Boettger
OL Nick Broeker
OL Richard Gouraige
DE Kingsley Jonathan
DT Eli Ankou
LB Travin Howard
CB Cam Lewis
CB Alex Austin

CB Ja'Marcus Ingram
S Dean Marlowe 

Look pretty realistic.   

The LB position has too much quantity and no quality after Milano.  Would really like to add a starting caliber player there.

Dodson should be cut in my opinion, but he likely won't be.  He is horrific in coverage 

I'd also cut Quessenberry and keep Gouraige on the roster 

I can see Basham being traded for a late pick and Kingsley Jonathan making the team.

Edited by Warriorspikes51

12 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

QB:
Josh Allen #17 
Kyle Allen #9

RB:
James Cook #4
Damien Harris #22
Latavius Murray #28
-
Reggie Gilliam #41

WR:
Stefon Diggs #14
Gabe Davis #13

Deonte Harty #11
Trent Sherfield #16
Khalil Shakir #10
Justin Shorter #18

TE: 
Dawson Knox #88

Dalton Kincaid #86
Quintin Morris #85

OL:
Dion Dawkins #73
Connor McGovern #66
Mitch Morse #60
O'Cyrus Torrence #64
Spencer Brown #79
-
Ryan Bates #71
David Edwards #76
David Quessenberry #77
Ryan Van Demark #74

DE: 
Leonard Floyd #56
Greg Rousseau #50
Shaq Lawson #90
A.J. Epenesa #57
Carlos Basham Jr. #55

DT:
Ed Oliver #91
DaQuan Jones #92
Poona Ford #98
Jordan Phillips #97
Tim Settle #99

LB:
Matt Milano #58
Tyrel Dodson #53
Terrel Bernard #43
Dorian Williams #42
A.J. Klein #52
Tyler Matakevitch #44

CB:
Tre'Davious White #27
Kaiir Elam #24
Dane Jackson #30
Taron Johnson #7
Christian Benford #47
Siran Neal #33

S:
Jordan Poyer #21
Micah Hyde #23
Taylor Rapp #20
Damar Hamlin #3

ST:
Tyler Bass #2
Sam Martin #8
Reid Ferguson #69

PUP Reserved:

DE Von Miller #40

LB Baylon Spector #54

Practice Squad:

QB Matt Barkley
RB Darrynton Evans
WR Andy Isabella
WR KeeSean Johnson
WR Tyrell Shavers
OL Alec Anderson
OL Ike Boettger
OL Nick Broeker
OL Richard Gouraige
DE Kingsley Jonathan
DT Eli Ankou
LB Travin Howard
CB Cam Lewis
CB Alex Austin

CB Ja'Marcus Ingram
S Dean Marlowe 

We pretty much agree...I updated the OP to have Klein making it......not sure though, he could be a guy they waive and then bring back after week 1.  It will be intereesting to see how Beane handles it.  The big questions are who if anyone gets traded and the domino affect that has.  I think the Bills may be looking for a MLB.

Updates prior Final Cuts

Klein in, Spector out..he could be season IR or a roster gymnastics guy to get him to in season IR.  Want to find a way to keep Isabella....maybe over Lawson....I think they will weigth chances of guys getting poached, needs etc.   I can see them keeping 7 WR's but putting Shakir on IR

How about Texans LB Christian Kirksey - he is rumored to be a possible cut / trade.  Knows Poyer and I think he went to Iowa with Hyde. Was the Texans 2022 Walter Payton award nominee. He may have actually played with Poyer in CLE and Hyde in GB, but not positive?

not sure what Jerry Hughes cap $ is, would be nice to add him as well 

LB Kirksey
DE Hughes

For

DE Basham
6th 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

On 8/26/2023 at 6:50 PM, Airseven said:

QB - Allen

RB - Cook, Harris

FB - Gilliam

WR - Diggs, Davis, Sherfield

TE - Knox, Kincaid

OT - Dawkins, Brown

IOL - Morse, Torrence, Bates, Edwards, McGovern-PUP?

DE - Rousseau, Floyd, Miller-PUP

DT - Oliver, Jones

LB - Milano, Williams

CB - White, Benford, Johnson, Neal, Jackson

S - Poyer, Hyde, Rapp

K - Bass

P - Martin

LS - Ferguson

(34)

The rest don’t matter. Keep them, cut them, trade them. Need to go outside the org for multiple players.

A couple thoughts.  One, when you are one of the top teams in the league in general other teams are looking to sign your cut guys, not the other way around.  Second, the constant be negative schtick you use around here to get attention is really, really old.

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

How about Texans LB Christian Kirksey - he is rumored to be a possible cut / trade.  Knows Poyer and I think he went to Iowa with Hyde. Was the Texans 2022 Walter Payton award nominee. He may have actually played with Poyer in CLE and Hyde in GB, but not positive?

LB Kirksey
DE Hughes

For

DE Basham
6th 

I love Jerry Hughes but the Bills have big numbers at DE as it is....if they brought him in it would have to be at a min deal.  No idea about Kirksey but I think Beane will be looking at MLB's both in trade and guys released.

14 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

QB:
Josh Allen #17 
Kyle Allen #9

RB:
James Cook #4
Damien Harris #22
Latavius Murray #28
-
Reggie Gilliam #41

WR:
Stefon Diggs #14
Gabe Davis #13

Deonte Harty #11
Trent Sherfield #16
Khalil Shakir #10
Justin Shorter #18

TE: 
Dawson Knox #88

Dalton Kincaid #86
Quintin Morris #85

OL:
Dion Dawkins #73
Connor McGovern #66
Mitch Morse #60
O'Cyrus Torrence #64
Spencer Brown #79
-
Ryan Bates #71
David Edwards #76
David Quessenberry #77
Ryan Van Demark #74

DE: 
Leonard Floyd #56
Greg Rousseau #50
Shaq Lawson #90
A.J. Epenesa #57
Carlos Basham Jr. #55

DT:
Ed Oliver #91
DaQuan Jones #92
Poona Ford #98
Jordan Phillips #97
Tim Settle #99

LB:
Matt Milano #58
Tyrel Dodson #53
Terrel Bernard #43
Dorian Williams #42
A.J. Klein #52
Tyler Matakevitch #44

CB:
Tre'Davious White #27
Kaiir Elam #24
Dane Jackson #30
Taron Johnson #7
Christian Benford #47
Siran Neal #33

S:
Jordan Poyer #21
Micah Hyde #23
Taylor Rapp #20
Damar Hamlin #3

ST:
Tyler Bass #2
Sam Martin #8
Reid Ferguson #69

PUP Reserved:

DE Von Miller #40

LB Baylon Spector #54

Practice Squad:

QB Matt Barkley
RB Darrynton Evans
WR Andy Isabella
WR KeeSean Johnson
WR Tyrell Shavers
OL Alec Anderson
OL Ike Boettger
OL Nick Broeker
OL Richard Gouraige
DE Kingsley Jonathan
DT Eli Ankou
LB Travin Howard
CB Cam Lewis
CB Alex Austin

CB Ja'Marcus Ingram
S Dean Marlowe 

Ok, I like this and agree with most.  Anything I disagree with are the tough choices and who knows what is best.

Here are my questions.  Once again, I like your thoughts.

1.  Quessenbury.  Does he make the team.  I like his versatility.  Is he good enough.  I think he makies the 53.  Do we want 8 or 9 Olinemen.

2.  Von Miller.  Before I get into D Linemen.  Does Von Miller go on PUP and not be on the team AND not practice for 4 weeks.  I am leaning to him on the 53 and maybe not playing for weeks, but, practicing.  Him helping the team, teaching and pushing vs the 53rd player.  I say no PUP.

3.  D line.  How many can you keep.  You have 10 and Von Miller on PUP for 11.  I have 12 very good D Linemen

--> DE Kingsley Jonathan - I think he is very good and we can't get him to the PS.  I also think he is better than others

--> DE Shaq Lawson - I like him a lot and think he is very important.  Vet minimum?  I think so.  I think we need to stash him on the PS and can

--> Kingsley and Shaq are in the 53 category and where it gets tricky

4.  Cam Lewis.  I don't think he gets to the PS.  I think he is better than most think.  I think Cam needs to be on the 53.  But, who do you cut instead.  Tough call.

5.  Baylon Spector.  If you don't put him on PUP he needs to take a spot on the 53 and makes things harder.  I agree he goes on PUP.

6.  Adding Von Miller and Cam Lewis we need to cut 2 players.

--> Shaq Lawson to PS, Kingsley Jonathan to 53 (even swap)

--> AJ Klein to PS

--> one other cut, not sure who it is.  I think Quessenbury can be PS and who cares if he gets scooped up

--> love the depth and talent

--> Go Bills!

Edited by Manther
Updated thoughts

4 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

LB Kirksey
DE Hughes

For

DE Basham
6th 

Bills had interest in Kirksey a couple years ago.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.