Burrow hurt UPDATE: Per Taylor: It’s a calf strain; will be out “several” weeks

Big Blitz

The latest as per Taylor is "it will be another few weeks added to the original he will be out several weeks." Sounds like he's missing the start of the season. Although Bengals started the last few seasons with a losing streak and they have come back from that before but we'll see.

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

The latest as per Taylor is "it will be another few weeks added to the original he will be out several weeks." Sounds like he's missing the start of the season. Although Bengals started the last few seasons with a losing streak and they have come back from that before but we'll see.

My guess is he’s back by week 3, week 4 at the latest. 

10 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

That's not what he said

Zac Taylor says Bengals QB's timeline 'several weeks from when I said several weeks'

https://clutchpoints.com/bengals-news-joe-burrow-injury-timeline-zac-taylor-update

Edited by nucci
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

13 minutes ago, nucci said:

That's not what he said

Zac Taylor says Bengals QB's timeline 'several weeks from when I said several weeks'

https://clutchpoints.com/bengals-news-joe-burrow-injury-timeline-zac-taylor-update

Yup, he's saying it's the same timeline as before, no new updates 

16 minutes ago, arcane said:

Yup, he's saying it's the same timeline as before, no new updates 

This is what I read. They did not take it as sarcastic:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/08/09/joe-burrow-calf-injury-weeks-away-return-bengals-zac-taylor

I believe the Bengals insiders more than SI but I guess it's just confusing that we can get 2 different stories from different sources based on a coach's comment 

3 minutes ago, TheWei44 said:

"several weeks from when I said several weeks" is very odd phrasing.  Could just as easily mean "no change in timeline" or "double the initial timeline" - Doesn't really clarify anything!  

It does not imply the second thing under any logical reading of the statement. You would need to fundamentally change key parts of the statement to get it to mean that 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

I hope they rush him right back in there. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Communication with Zac Taylor

IMG_3484.jpeg

Edited by PetermansRedemption

Not the insignificant minor injury everyone thought after a major injury was ruled out. I hope for Burrow's sake this isn't a nagging injury that hampers him all season, better they sit him out weeks 1-2 than have him try to play through it and be banged up all year because he didn't get the proper rest he needed.

9 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Not the insignificant minor injury everyone thought after a major injury was ruled out. I hope for Burrow's sake this isn't a nagging injury that hampers him all season, better they sit him out weeks 1-2 than have him try to play through it and be banged up all year because he didn't get the proper rest he needed.

No one knows the degree or severity of the injury besides Burrow, the team and their doctors. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

That maybe the case but gotta figure part of that losing streak to begin their season may have been as they were getting up to speed.  Let's say they start off decently then burrows returns but very rusty and they lose0 any momentum they had built up could be a situation that derails their season.  I'm OK with that having had injuries derail last year for Bills.  

L

I think they will put him on the PUP. Miss the first 4 games but should be 100 % by week 5. That would be the smart thing to do. As a Bills fan I hope he plays week 1 VS the Browns. They should be 3-2 after week 5 if he’s on the PUP. Pretty easy schedule 

Edited by Paul Costa
  • Disagree 1

Burrow sure gets hurt a lot. That must a very significant strain, closer to a full tear than a minor strain for him to be missing additional weeks on top of what they initially thought...

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

Are people really this bad at reading comprehension?  There is literally zero new information from what Taylor said.  When the injury originally happened, Taylor said Burrow would be out “several weeks”.  Today he said that Burrow would be out for several weeks from when he said several weeks.  That is no different than if he had originally said 5 weeks and then today said it would be 5 weeks from when he said it would be 5 weeks.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Burrow sure gets hurt a lot. That must a very significant strain, closer to a full tear than a minor strain for him to be missing additional weeks on top of what they initially thought...

Except that’s not the case - it was pointed out upthread that whoever posted that update here completely misinterpreted it, either intentionally or unintentionally. All Taylor said today essentially is nothing has changed.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Billl said:

Are people really this bad at reading comprehension?  There is literally zero new information from what Taylor said.  When the injury originally happened, Taylor said Burrow would be out “several weeks”.  Today he said that Burrow would be out for several weeks from when he said several weeks.  That is no different than if he had originally said 5 weeks and then today said it would be 5 weeks from when he said it would be 5 weeks.

No it means he will be out longer than they originally thought. 

• Disagree 1

39 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

several+several=severaler

0 + several weeks = several weeks.  He didn’t say it would be several more weeks than he originally said.

It’s like a dad joke that everyone’s missing.  “Dad, what time is it?”   “It’s 5 minutes later than it was when you asked 5 minutes ago…haha”.

Edited by Billl
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Bray Wyatt said:

I agree with what you are saying, but then why wouldn't he just say same as before? Seems like he is purposely muddying the waters

Or he’s just being a prick to reporters because he’s tired of the same question every day.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Or he’s just being a prick to reporters because he’s tired of the same question every day.

Exactly.  If Burrow’s injury was discovered to be significantly more serious than originally thought, they wouldn’t publicize it via an off-handed remark to some reporter’s question.  That would be huge news, and they’d make a statement on it.  

It would be like Andy Reid casually mentioning that Mahomes’s ankle wasn’t quite healed.  

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Several weeks =several weeks

Original injury and inquiry=t^0

New inquiry= t^1= several weeks

t^1≠t^0

On July 27th, Taylor said Burrow would be healthy [[one month]] from today.  Today, Taylor said Burrow would be healthy [[one month]] from July 27th.

Nothing changed.  You got got.

10 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Several weeks =several weeks

Original injury and inquiry=t^0

New inquiry= t^1= several weeks

t^1≠t^0

Once again: “the timeline is several weeks from when I said several weeks.

you can choose to ignore that clause all you want in this little quest to be right, but it won’t work.

• Agree 2

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

Once again: “the timeline is several weeks from when I said several weeks.

you can choose to ignore that clause all you want in this little quest to be right, but it won’t work.

i will take being corrected by you just not the other guy

so i stand corrected

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.