Burrow hurt UPDATE: Per Taylor: It’s a calf strain; will be out “several” weeks

Big Blitz

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

Very cool stat and utterly meaningless.

Yes, they had 3 TO's.  Manning also couldn't throw the ball downfield because his receivers were getting mugged. Of his first 13 attempts, 1 was completed for more than 10 yards.

So pretty much all stats are "utterly meaningless".....except that you "saw" receivers getting mugged on every play.

Manning did toss a TD pass to Knowshon Moreno though....

37 minutes ago, Sestak4ever said:

True, but it’s not only the receiver that the ball is thrown to.

I was talking about any receiver.

41 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So pretty much all stats are "utterly meaningless".....except that you "saw" receivers getting mugged on every play.

Not all stats are meaningless, just ones from a completely different Superbowl lmao.  Did you have a point besides  "he won that other time which proves the Seahawks weren't grabby?"

• Big Blitz changed the title to Burrow hurt UPDATE: Per Taylor: “It’s a calf; will be out “several” weeks
  • Big Blitz changed the title to Burrow hurt UPDATE: Per Taylor: It’s a calf strain; will be out “several” weeks
17 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

in the same way Kevin Durant had a “calf strain” right before tearing his Achilles. 

I dealt with really bad Achilles issues for a while due to bball. The only way I got over them was to basically shut down all sports for months. I can’t imagine being a professional athlete and having to deal with it though. It’s got to be so much more higher risk for a rupture. 

They need to be really careful with him. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

in the same way Kevin Durant had a “calf strain” right before tearing his Achilles. 

I dealt with really bad Achilles issues for a while due to bball. The only way I got over them was to basically shut down all sports for months. I can’t imagine being a professional athlete and having to deal with it though. It’s got to be so much more higher risk for a rupture. 

They need to be really careful with him. 

Reminds me of TKO...freaking Michael Vick

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Not all stats are meaningless, just ones from a completely different Superbowl lmao.  Did you have a point besides  "he won that other time which proves the Seahawks weren't grabby?"

mall the stats I listed but one were from the SB in question.

the obvious point is that Mannings performance in the SB in question wasn’t solely due to DBs mugging his receivers on every play.  I’ve made it explicitly a few times now. 

Hope he is ok and it’s nothing more than a strain that heals up prior to the start of the year.  He’s too valuable to have sitting.

Sure it’s great for the rest of the AFC to soften one of the best teams, but I wish him a speedy and full recovery.

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

the obvious point is that Mannings performance in the SB in question wasn’t solely due to DBs mugging his receivers on every play.  I’ve made it explicitly a few times now. 

What. You said he won an SB completing X amount of passes. That obviously isn’t the same SB I’m talking about lmao.

you are spinning off the planet 

Edited by FireChans

3 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Hope he is ok and it’s nothing more than a strain that heals up prior to the start of the year.  He’s too valuable to have sitting.

Sure it’s great for the rest of the AFC to soften one of the best teams, but I wish him a speedy and full recovery.

Spare us the virtue signaling, please!  It's a very popular hobby with posters here for some reason.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Oh I will wish him a full recovery but I'm OK if he deals with a lingering time of recovery missing valuable reps with his offense.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, DCofNC said:

I don’t wish serious injury on anyone, but I’m also not going to post all this…

Do you think Cinci fans care that Allen played out the season with a torn UCL when they post mocking gifs of Diggs blowing up on him during the game?

Edited by SCBills
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Kinda like Tre White and Von Miller were too valuable to be sitting?? Stop with this nonsense. Not one team, or their fans, cared when two of our most valuable players couldn't play for lengthy periods. It's the NFL, Every year teams get snakebitten. It's inevitable.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I don’t wish serious injury on anyone, but I’m also not going to post all this…

Do you think Cinci fans care that Allen played out the season with a torn UCL when they post mocking gifs of Diggs blowing up on him during the game?

Exactly. It's pure Schadenfreude for me. I wish no ill will on anyone, but when something bad happens I'm not going to pretend to be devastated 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

I have a Lee Evans jersey, I never wear it though (it's the dark drought era jersey...yuck) 

I have a 50th year anniversary Terrell Owens white jersey hanging in my closet. Haven't worn it in forever.

12 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Looks like he gets the summer off.

If there is one team that has shown they don’t need either a fast start or home field in January … it is the Bengals.

they have a very astute way of pacing, revving and peeking at the right time recently.

Perhaps this unexpected downtime from their Qb1 might disrupt the pacing, revving and peaking a tad.  Certainly won't help them if they had planned 9n adding new wrinkles to their playbook.  I'm of the opinion that all teams should be tweaking their plays each season to benefit from any new skillsets new players FA and draftees alike are bringing to the team as well as making it harder to gameplan for the current version of an NFL team. 

I love hearing the news that the offense has shown flashes of new wrinkles such as the screen pass that was reported to be nicely executed.  Adding the short passing game with the playmakers we added to the offense is just gonna make opposing dcs lives that much more frustrating.   

12 hours ago, FireChans said:

What. You said he won an SB completing X amount of passes. That obviously isn’t the same SB I’m talking about lmao.

you are spinning off the planet 

23 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Manning completed 69% of 43 passes.  The problem was he turned the ball over 3 times leading to 3 scores.

20 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Because he kept turning the ball over.  I thought you watched the game.

Manning won a SB with Broncos with 13 passes completed

18 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

16 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

this is too easy

20 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Because he kept turning the ball over.  I thought you watched the game.

Manning won a SB with Broncos with 13 passes completed

Enough said lmao. How you thought this was your trump card is beyond me. 

If you wanna use this as your proof the Seahawks didn’t play a very physical defense in a different SB, go ahead 

Edited by FireChans

15 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.bfb326d23f438b3d0bc63d0defe4ef68.jpeg

Tis but a scratch…

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Enough said lmao. How you thought this was your trump card is beyond me. 

If you wanna use this as your proof the Seahawks didn’t play a very physical defense in a different SB, go ahead 

it's not a trump card.  nor was it offered as proof that the Seattle DBs didn't play close/dirty/whatever in another SB.

It was a comment to say the Broncos D sucked in the Seattle game and Manning sucked in both SBs, but they won a SB where he really sucked....without any supposed dirty play by the opposing Carolina DBs.  

So, to summarize, a solid Broncos D was able to compensate for a disastrous Manning performance vs the Panthers, winning a Lombardi.  The D could not compensate for a bad SB performance by Manning vs Seattle.

Put another way, 2 bad SB showings by Manning.  The difference was the Broncos Defense, not Seattle's Defense (which as you are keen to point out, did not play in SB 50).  This is Manning's MO in SB's.  He's, to put it kindly, clutch.  In 4 SBs, he has thrown 3 TDs total, and 5 INTS.  But yeah, it must have been the Seahawks DBs in that one SB that wrecked Manning's otherwise typically solid SB play over a career.

Does that more the point more clear? I know there are more stats for you to dismiss in place of what you "saw", but I can't describe it in a simpler way.

Own your lazy take and move on.

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

it's not a trump card.  nor was it offered as proof that the Seattle DBs didn't play close/dirty/whatever in another SB.

It was a comment to say the Broncos D sucked in the Seattle game and Manning sucked in both SBs, but they won a SB where he really sucked....without any supposed dirty play by the opposing Carolina DBs.  

So, to summarize, a solid Broncos D was able to compensate for a disastrous Manning performance vs the Panthers, winning a Lombardi.  The D could not compensate for a bad SB performance by Manning vs Seattle.

Put another way, 2 bad SB showings by Manning.  The difference was the Broncos Defense, not Seattle's Defense (which as you are keen to point out, did not play in SB 50).  This is Manning's MO in SB's.  He's, to put it kindly, clutch.  In 4 SBs, he has thrown 3 TDs total, and 5 INTS.  But yeah, it must have been the Seahawks DBs in that one SB that wrecked Manning's otherwise typically solid SB play over a career.

Does that more the point more clear? I know there are more stats for you to dismiss in place of what you "saw", but I can't describe it in a simpler way.

Own your lazy take and move on.

Bro I never made this into some larger take on Peyton’s SB performance lol. It’s a fact that the LOB Seahawks played grabby. It’s a fact they shut down the Broncos offense in that Super Bowl, which was a record-setting group in the regular season.

Anything else you have related to Colts-Bears Super Bowl or the Saints-Colts Super Bowl or the Broncos-Panthers Super Bowl is irrelevant to those points. Any dispute of those facts above is wrong. And whatever tertiary point you’re trying to make is a waste of my time. 

5 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

Perhaps this unexpected downtime from their Qb1 might disrupt the pacing, revving and peaking a tad.

Perhaps, but given that their top 3 WR are pretty much set in stone and that their OC is going into his 5th season, I'm gonna guess not much impact.

The main issue is that if they bring him back too soon, it might linger.

9 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Bro I never made this into some larger take on Peyton’s SB performance lol. It’s a fact that the LOB Seahawks played grabby. It’s a fact they shut down the Broncos offense in that Super Bowl, which was a record-setting group in the regular season.

Anything else you have related to Colts-Bears Super Bowl or the Saints-Colts Super Bowl or the Broncos-Panthers Super Bowl is irrelevant to those points. Any dispute of those facts above is wrong. And whatever tertiary point you’re trying to make is a waste of my time. 

it is a fact that the Seahawks D shut down the Broncos Offense in that SB.  You read that part right in my posts and have successfully repeated it above.  The #1 D in the league exposed the #1 Offense and QB as a playoff paper tigers (as other D's had before and after).

You should have just accepted and posted that sentence in your first response and saved yourself another 10 feet into this hole you have dug for yourself.  And here's a pro tip: stop presenting feelings as facts.  It will lead to fewer of your unforced errors.

36 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

it is a fact that the Seahawks D shut down the Broncos Offense in that SB.  You read that part right in my posts and have successfully repeated it above.  The #1 D in the league exposed the #1 Offense and QB as a playoff paper tigers (as other D's had before and after).

You should have just accepted and posted that sentence in your first response and saved yourself another 10 feet into this hole you have dug for yourself.  And here's a pro tip: stop presenting feelings as facts.  It will lead to fewer of your unforced errors.

On 7/28/2023 at 6:31 AM, FireChans said:

This inconsistency is why the Broncos Seahawks Super Bowl was so terrible. Peyton and his WR’s basically played a different game with a different set of rules with how physical the Seahawks were allowed to play.

On 7/28/2023 at 7:42 AM, Mr. WEO said:

Manning completed 69% of 43 passes.  The problem was he turned the ball over 3 times leading to 3 scores.

You’re kidding right? You dug a random hole of your own making and ranted for 4 pages before declaring victory for proving “something.” 

Edited by FireChans

21 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You’re kidding right? You dug a random hole of your own making and ranted for 4 pages before declaring victory for proving “something.” 

I tried to help you.  

Stick to 

what you saw", I guess.

30 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Cousins catches lots of heat.  He's a solid top 10 QB on a team that has had terrible Defenses.

30 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Just tells me that Burrow is getting credit for his teams defensive wins.  Josh would have been to his 3rd straight SB (likely all wins) if the Bills defense played as well with Josh's offenses in his playoff runs.  Good news is our defense is likely to be healthier this year same as the offensive injuries the Bills dealt with.   

Tbh, I even consider the whole Diggs fiasco to maybe  have been deliberate to maybe decrease the media bandwagon from being the circus it was prior to last year.  Let the media doubt this team, I certainly prefer the hunter role to the hunted.  I am on record of being against hunting of Buffalo.  And as of 2016 the American Bison, known as Buffalo, is right beside the bald eagle as a national American animal.   

Easier to control the media hype by giving them some misinformation they can rattle on about.  I mean after 2021 playoff loss to KC Josh was generating all the MvP 2023 lock based on his performance in a loss.  They maybe should have played trubisky a bit after Josh was injured.  Could have maybe given the arm a little rest before the playoffs to have a bit more of the playbook available.  

4 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

Just tells me that Burrow is getting credit for his teams defensive wins.  Josh would have been to his 3rd straight SB (likely all wins) if the Bills defense played as well with Josh's offenses in his playoff runs.  Good news is our defense is likely to be healthier this year same as the offensive injuries the Bills dealt with.   

Tbh, I even consider the whole Diggs fiasco to maybe  have been deliberate to maybe decrease the media bandwagon from being the circus it was prior to last year.  Let the media doubt this team, I certainly prefer the hunter role to the hunted.  I am on record of being against hunting of Buffalo.  And as of 2016 the American Bison, known as Buffalo, is right beside the bald eagle as a national American animal.   

Easier to control the media hype by giving them some misinformation they can rattle on about.  I mean after 2021 playoff loss to KC Josh was generating all the MvP 2023 lock based on his performance in a loss.  They maybe should have played trubisky a bit after Josh was injured.  Could have maybe given the arm a little rest before the playoffs to have a bit more of the playbook available.  

Interesting graphic. JB does get a bit too much credit , esp in 2021 when their playoff/ SB run was largely due to their defensive prowess. As for the Bills, Trubisky wasn’t on the team in 2022-23 and thus their options at QB were limited. They pretty much needed Josh to play through his elbow injury as they were trying to hang on to the # 1 seed in the upcoming playoffs. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.