Further Details About Gruden’s Leaked E-Mails

WotAGuy

29 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m sure some bad things happened, but getting rid of Gruden and Snyder is not a terrible outcome. 

Thankfully Coaches and GMs are starting to become  aware that the game is more about being smart than it is about Oklahoma Drills and bashing one anothers heads in.

Gruden still had one foot in the old ways and being an idiot finally got him done in.   I think he deserves to be forgiven, what I don't think is anyone should be lining up to feel sorry for the guy.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

Lol, what a total sh-t show, 

The hysterical thing is that these people appear to think that emails are private, what a bunch of knuckleheads. 

GO BILLS!!!

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Lol, what a total sh-t show, 

The hysterical thing is that these people appear to think that emails are private, what a bunch of knuckleheads. 

GO BILLS!!!

650,000 of em!  🤣🤣

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

Interesting article about some of the league’s inner machinations.  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37965420/the-secret-history-dan-snyder-demise-washington-commanders-owner

Gruden was a hero dying taking out $nyder.

"F--- the NFL," Davis later told Gruden. "And f--- Dan Snyder."

2 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37965420/the-secret-history-dan-snyder-demise-washington-commanders-owner

While I do not condone anything Gruden said and say that there should have been some repercussion from the e-mails, it's just so odd that he gets fired, public image destroyed, becomes basically unable to be hired and cast out as a plague on society (on some of those fronts deservingly so)....and Dan Snyder gets about $6 BILLION dollars and goes on his merry way.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

A lot of 6th grade nonsense going on with these dudes. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

While I do not condone anything Gruden said and say that there should have been some repercussion from the e-mails, it's just so odd that he gets fired, public image destroyed, becomes basically unable to be hired and cast out as a plague on society (on some of those fronts deservingly so)....and Dan Snyder gets about $6 BILLION dollars and goes on his merry way.

Danny Boy plays for keeps. That part about the Blackmail PowerPoint is hilarious. 

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Don't feel sorry for Gruden, the settlement for the remainder of his $100M contract will ensure he also gets to go on his merry way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

....and Dan Snyder gets about $6 BILLION dollars and goes on his merry way.

11 minutes ago, QCity said:

Don't feel sorry for Gruden, the settlement for the remainder of his $100M contract will ensure he also gets to go on his merry way.

Some have private jets.  Some fly first class commercial.  The rest of us, check the sofa cushions for spare change...ROAD TRIP!

31 minutes ago, QCity said:

Didn't say I felt sorry for him. Gruden likely never had to work again with his career earnings anyway. But by and large he becomes the face of public ridicule and scorn with a lot less to show for it. Different rules apply for you and I then a millionaire like Gruden. And different rules apply for millionaires than billionaires. 

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Didn't say I felt sorry for him. Gruden likely never had to work again with his career earnings anyway. But by and large he becomes the face of public ridicule and scorn with a lot less to show for it. Different rules apply for you and I then a millionaire like Gruden. And different rules apply for millionaires than billionaires. 

Gruden has enough money to have a name change and some cosmetic surgery and some hair dye/wig  and never need to deal with again,

On other hand: Jon Gruden intends “to burn the [NFL’s] house down”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/with-his-lawsuit-against-the-nfl-jon-gruden-intends-to-burn-the-house-down

8 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Gruden has enough money to have a name change and some cosmetic surgery and some hair dye/wig  and never need to deal with again,

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/with-his-lawsuit-against-the-nfl-jon-gruden-intends-to-burn-the-house-down

Can’t wait to see how that all plays out.  Sounds like Bruce Allen has some juicy ammo. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Augie said:

I’m sure some bad things happened, but getting rid of Gruden and Snyder is not a terrible outcome. 

Now all we need is for the league to put *'s along with every Patriots* Super Bowl championship, and every players statistics from whomever played for the Bellichick regime. Hall of Fame players included.

Then everything will be right. B-)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Can’t wait to see how that all plays out.  Sounds like Bruce Allen has some juicy ammo. 

The rumor I heard here via legal channels is the leak came from $nyder's office by a staff member unhappy with toxic culture of sexual harassment and lacking of punishment by NFL who helped cover it up.  This got rid of $nyder and gave NFL a black eye.

7 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Now all we need is for the league to put *'s along with every Patriots* Super Bowl championship, and every players statistics from whomever played for the Bellichick regime. Hall of Fame players included.

Then everything will be right. B-)

Where is the clapping emoji reaction?

11 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Life is so tough being shunned after accumulating multi generational wealth

I can put the wealth aside. I don’t resent rich people, and plenty of rich people are absolutely miserable.

What he should be unhappy about is……those are his words! He said those things, so I have to think he believes those things. Sure he’s rich, but he’s also been exposed for who and what he really is. We are forgiving, but it usually takes some contrition. I don’t think we’ve seen that, but I could be wrong. 

I don’t care how rich you are. Knowing so many people around you think you are scum must feel uncomfortable. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

I’ll say what I stayed when this was new, I don’t condone either nor does any reasonable person the horrible remarks, but to write it down on a permanent record is ######ed.  

My sister and other family members are in law enforcement and she has stated so many times “everything is discoverable”. I’ve talked to my kids so many times and told them not even Snapchat that they tell me goes away in a date or two is crap.  If law enforcement wants they can get just about anything.  Texts, IG, Facebook, Snapchat and just about any other social media venue, even this board.

Thankfully we have mods to keep knuckleheads from themselves here (for the most part).

2 hours ago, Beast said:

Roger Goodell is a clown. I never liked the guy and like him even less after reading that article.

Yep. His reign is cluttered with inconsistent punishments on players & teams for starters. 

It's going to be real interesting to see what happens with Kamara. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

My guess is there ends up being a legal agreement/sum of money that magically allows Gruden to live with himself without burning it down. But I sure hope not. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Fantastic reporting.

I especially love the part about Snyder and his people leaking the Gruden stuff thinking it would create a distraction and save his hind. Instead, well, ol’ Rog actually grew a spine for once (in the face of Congressional investigation.)

Danny Snyder, a true “Einstein” type businessman 😉

6 hours ago, Beast said:

Roger Goodell is a clown. I never liked the guy and like him even less after reading that article.

I’m looking forward to the emails and text messages being released in court. I’m sure it will indeed incriminate everyone in the league. Time for the monopoly that is the NFL to be exposed. Goodell has needed to go since he destroyed spygate evidence and covered up CTE. 

6 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Karma wil find it's way, she always does!

2 hours ago, major said:

I’m looking forward to the emails and text messages being released in court. I’m sure it will indeed incriminate everyone in the league. Time for the monopoly that is the NFL to be exposed. Goodell has needed to go since he destroyed spygate evidence and covered up CTE. 

i think this, along with straight up spite, is why Gruden was quoted as saying he isn’t settling for any amount. He’s got more than enough money already and he gives zero f**** at this point. He has that grudge in him. He wanted to be commissioner one day 😂. The fallout will be fantastic. It will be glorious.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Augie said:

I can put the wealth aside. I don’t resent rich people, and plenty of rich people are absolutely miserable.

What he should be unhappy about is……those are his words! He said those things, so I have to think he believes those things. Sure he’s rich, but he’s also been exposed for who and what he really is. We are forgiving, but it usually takes some contrition. I don’t think we’ve seen that, but I could be wrong. 

I don’t care how rich you are. Knowing so many people around you think you are scum must feel uncomfortable. 

Dear Augie,

I disagree WHOLEHEARTEDLY!!!

Sincerely,

O.J. Simpson

P.S. - Meet me on the golf course to help in my search for the real perps and we can discuss.

2 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

Dear Augie,

I disagree WHOLEHEARTEDLY!!!

Sincerely,

O.J. Simpson

P.S. - Meet me on the golf course to help in my search for the real perps and we can discuss.

i doubt OJ is that rich anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

Life is so tough being shunned after accumulating multi generational wealth

Exactly.  He should buy a gorgeous villa on the shore of Lago di Como (what I'd do), collect Ferraris, drink good wine, hit on the local hotties lounging by the lake, and enjoy the good life.  Make new friends with his neighbors and the locals who don't have a clue who the hell he is to begin with.

OK, so this is Jon Gruden, the idiot redneck from Sandusky, Ohio....so probably not going to happen.

Still a good plan though.

This one would work for me:

Villa-fronte-Lago-di-Como-01.jpg

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

My guess is there ends up being a legal agreement/sum of money that magically allows Gruden to live with himself without burning it down. But I sure hope not. 

In the article he says he won't settle, but we all know how that goes when the lawyers get involved.

2 hours ago, bouds said:

In the article he says he won't settle, but we all know how that goes when the lawyers get involved.

the lawyers get involved . . . before the lawsuit is even filed.

The bad lawyer thinks his job is to make the most money off the case.  So he is thinking settlement from day 1

The good lawyer is thinking about his career.   His reputation.  His marketing.  The good lawyer would love to not settle this case. 

The good judge finds a settlement.  The whole pre-trial process, with discovery and all, is to have the stronger position when the judge tries to ram settlement down the throat of one of the sides.

-

---

So since Gruden is independently wealthy, that means (1) he can live happily with a verdict of zero dollars, so why not go to trial?  And (2) The lawyers know they will be compensated if it goes to trial and loses. 

I could care less about Snyder but did not like how the Gruden situation went down.

That being said, I never loved Gruden. Odd guy. Certainly a big ego....

Did they ever even release the actual emails so we could read the content and judge for ourselves?

I don't like the notion of someone vetting something and telling me how they thought it sounded.  That's witch hunt hearsay. Not enough to destroy a reputation. 

I never felt like this was a fair shake. 

My guess is Gruden, who refused a lucrative settlement will win in court and get a monster payout. 

• Like (+1) 1

Commanders sale: Serious legal issues related to Jon Gruden lawsuit 'threaten to complicate' deal, per report

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/commanders-sale-serious-legal-issues-related-to-jon-gruden-lawsuit-threaten-to-complicate-deal-per-report/

According to one of the people with knowledge of the deliberations, the complications are related at least in part to legal issues pertaining to the leaking of emails that led to the October 2021 resignation of Jon Gruden as coach of the Las Vegas Raiders.

That person described the complications as "significant" and "not just some small snag," expressing the view that the issues could delay the owners' approval of the sale and the closing of the deal if they're not resolved. But the person also left open the possibility that Snyder and his attorneys merely are attempting to extract last-minute concessions from the NFL on legal indemnification related to Gruden's lawsuit against the league, and the issues will be resolved in time for the owners to ratify the deal as expected next Thursday.

I wonder if $nyder could be looking for more money now that he has one group on hook maybe he wants to use it for bait to get more.

On 7/12/2023 at 8:25 PM, machine gun kelly said:

I’ll say what I stayed when this was new, I don’t condone either nor does any reasonable person the horrible remarks, but to write it down on a permanent record is ######ed.  

My sister and other family members are in law enforcement and she has stated so many times “everything is discoverable”. I’ve talked to my kids so many times and told them not even Snapchat that they tell me goes away in a date or two is crap.  If law enforcement wants they can get just about anything.  Texts, IG, Facebook, Snapchat and just about any other social media venue, even this board.

Thankfully we have mods to keep knuckleheads from themselves here (for the most part).

Same. My kids don't have any socials. Neither do I. Other than this board.  It really has destroyed how we interact and treat each other as humans. 

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Same. My kids don't have any socials. Neither do I. Other than this board.  It really has destroyed how we interact and treat each other as humans. 

When I had a DOD clearance I was advised to not use any social media for the investigators search them extensively and it can affect your clearance.

They asked what social media I used and I said football boards, LinkedIn and some newsgroups.  He did a check and said he saw nothing which should affect your clearance as long as I stay out of the political quagmires.  I guess he did not notice PPP or did and saw I rarely post there.   ironic that they tell you to avoid them but companies heavily advertise on them.

Public Trust which I have now is far less scrutinizing.

After I no longer had a clearance and not likely to find a job where company will pay for me to get one I joined some like social media sites like Facebook but most of the sites I do not post but have account so it does not keep asking me to create one or are limited to non-members.

On 7/14/2023 at 10:58 AM, Limeaid said:

Commanders sale: Serious legal issues related to Jon Gruden lawsuit 'threaten to complicate' deal, per report

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/commanders-sale-serious-legal-issues-related-to-jon-gruden-lawsuit-threaten-to-complicate-deal-per-report/

I wonder if $nyder could be looking for more money now that he has one group on hook maybe he wants to use it for bait to get more.

I wouldn’t put anything past Snyder but I do tend to agree with the ESPN article that he’s primarily looking for indemnification from the league for any further liabilities he many face for his many, many infractions during his time as an owner.

The 2nd “independent” investigation into Snyder by Mary Jo White is still looming remember. Goodell is not going to be able to bury its findings like he did with Wilkinsons’. Whatever that report says, and I’m guessing nothing good, Snyder could face a new host of lawsuits and penalties. I think he wants the league to assume those since he’s being such a nice guy and finally agreeing to sell (nevermind the fact that he really did not have a choice at this point.)

• Like (+1) 3

On 7/12/2023 at 4:51 PM, thenorthremembers said:

Thankfully Coaches and GMs are starting to become  aware that the game is more about being smart than it is about Oklahoma Drills and bashing one anothers heads in.

Gruden still had one foot in the old ways and being an idiot finally got him done in.   I think he deserves to be forgiven, what I don't think is anyone should be lining up to feel sorry for the guy.

Forgiven for being a bigot and a hypocrite?  I think not.   Howard Cosell left MNF voluntarily after the 1983 season because of the controversy resulting from a comment he made during a MNF broadcast in 1983 that was interpreted by many as racist (Cosell).   Three decades later, Gruden wrote/posted excrement that was blatantly racist, homophobic and misogynistic, even by standards of the 1980s.

On 7/12/2023 at 7:30 PM, Limeaid said:

I'm not sure what legal grounds Gruden has to sue the NFL over the emails.   Once you send an email to someone, the recipient can do whatever he/she wants to do with it just as if you sent that person a letter via "snail mail".  If these were sent to Snyder at an official Washington Commanders' email address, he absolutely had no expectation of privacy.   Those emails became the property of the team as soon as they hit the team's server(s).

On 7/12/2023 at 8:25 PM, machine gun kelly said:

When I was in high school more than half a century ago, one my teachers said something that always stuck in my mind:  never put down on paper anything you'd be ashamed for your mother to see.   Just add email and/or social media, and that's still a good rule to follow.  

Edited by SoTier
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Forgiven for being a bigot and a hypocrite?  I think not.   Howard Cosell left MNF voluntarily after the 1983 season because of the controversy resulting from a comment he made during a MNF broadcast in 1983 that was interpreted by many as racist (Cosell).   Three decades later, Gruden wrote/posted excrement that was blatantly racist, homophobic and misogynistic, even by standards of the 1980s.

I'm not sure what legal grounds Gruden has to sue the NFL over the emails.   Once you send an email to someone, the recipient can do whatever he/she wants to do with it just as if you sent that person a letter via "snail mail".  If these were sent to Snyder at an official Washington Commanders' email address, he absolutely had no expectation of privacy.   Those emails became the property of the team as soon as they hit the team's server(s).

When I was in high school more than half a century ago, one my teachers said something that always stuck in my mind:  never put down on paper anything you'd be ashamed for your mother to see.   Just add email and/or social media, and that's still a good rule to follow.  

Amen So Tier.  For even thinking garbage is wrong, but to be dumb enough to write it down as a record and send to others is idiotic.

Ive done everything I believe possible to instill a disdain of racism with my children or any prejudice.  I’ll never condone it.

It hit a little closer home for my sons two years ago as their sister, my princess was adopted from China.  You wouldn’t believe the crap she heard when COVID broke out.  My boys wanted to Rambo her classmates.  Thankfully my daughter is very open with me.  We handled to the right way, and once we had the parents involved, they were disgusted by their Children’s comments in school.  And yeah that was at a little Christian school.

Gruden ks an arrogant narrow minded pig and I’ve met him more than once in Tampa.  It’s sad as his wife is very nice and a Christian school teacher.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, SoTier said:

From the linked article, I think Gruden is claiming the emails were leaked to the press with the intent to harm him by forcing him out of his job. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 7/13/2023 at 2:43 AM, JoPoy88 said:

i think this, along with straight up spite, is why Gruden was quoted as saying he isn’t settling for any amount. He’s got more than enough money already and he gives zero f**** at this point. He has that grudge in him. He wanted to be commissioner one day 😂. The fallout will be fantastic. It will be glorious.

I mean - coaches get fired all the time.  But for the league to expose private emails, force your boss to fire you wanting to stand up in the face of your issues, and tarnish your name, and legacy - thats a bit much.  

He has plenty of money, but now he can't work... College, Pros, TV - all of those places won't touch him.  So if it's determined that Snyder and the NFL released the emails on purpose, then he does have some standing that they intended to harm him.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.