Rochester Bar Bill Tavern - Opened Yesterday (7/7/23) - Thoughts?

57 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

If you haven't noticed, there's quite a few Applebee's type folks around here.

These are people who think a can of Genny cream and a double order of wings form the basis of Michelin 4 star haute cuisine.

You are just so high end! 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

These are people who think a can of Genny cream and a double order of wings form the basis of Michelin 4 star haute cuisine.

Four stars?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Oh I've noticed.

They throw temper tantrums like Genny cream ale folks as well.

Went opening day and have been to Clarence a bunch (I live in Roc but in Buffalo all the time friends and fam their as I was born there).

Food was equal to Clarence so it was amazing.

Far larger which makes it easier.

Parking will forever be an issue there and Empire is such a busy road something will go amiss traffic wise soon.

The outdoor section is going to be very popular.

As long as they just keep one location in Rochester it will be packed 24/7 and do really well.

When the Bills arrive here end of the month I can guarantee they are going to go there.

On 7/8/2023 at 7:40 PM, Virgil said:

Okay, but how are the pizza logs?

"Pizza Logs proud sponsor of the Buffalo Sabres!"

Edited by corta765
  • Like (+1) 4

36 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Went opening day and have been to Clarence a bunch (I live in Roc but in Buffalo all the time friends and fam their as I was born there).

Food was equal to Clarence so it was amazing.

Far larger which makes it easier.

Parking will forever be an issue there and Empire is such a busy road something will go amiss traffic wise soon.

The outdoor section is going to be very popular.

As long as they just keep one location in Rochester it will be packed 24/7 and do really well.

When the Bills arrive here end of the month I can guarantee they are going to go there.

"Pizza Logs proud sponsor of the Buffalo Sabres!"

it's good to know that it's worth trying.  I'll run out there in the next month or so.

1 hour ago, teef said:

it's good to know that it's worth trying.  I'll run out there in the next month or so.

100% just be prepared to wait a little to sit so grab a drink at the bar. Its great wings, great beef on weck and local place so I always like that.

Edited by corta765
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, corta765 said:

100% just be prepared to wait a little to sit so grab a drink at the bar. Its great wings, great beef on weck and local place so I always like that.

i'm sure that wait will be an issue for the first few months.  i've always heard about the wings, so i'm curious to see how they stack up.  i love beef on weck, but there's a lot of bars/pubs near me now that have it, and do a good job.  

10 minutes ago, teef said:

i'm sure that wait will be an issue for the first few months.  i've always heard about the wings, so i'm curious to see how they stack up.  i love beef on weck, but there's a lot of bars/pubs near me now that have it, and do a good job.  

I have eaten alottt of wings (not the best for your health haha) and I do have to say Bar Bar Bill is probably tops I have had in taste, how well wings are cooked, and consistency time in time out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, corta765 said:

I have eaten alottt of wings (not the best for your health haha) and I do have to say Bar Bar Bill is probably tops I have had in taste, how well wings are cooked, and consistency time in time out.

perfect.  have you been to the wny location, and if you have, is it a similar experience?

20 hours ago, Einstein said:

Haha, my diet is FAR from healthy. I just prefer to eat junk food that tastes good.

And where do you source the finest junk food and fine dining in your area?  What are your local recommendations for the discerning palate?

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

And where do you source the finest junk food and fine dining in your area?  What are your local recommendations for the discerning palate?

Hutch's, Bachus, Nosh and Good Luck (if you're in Rochester). 

On 7/8/2023 at 8:11 PM, Einstein said:

Some people don't seem to know the difference between good food and slop.

Kind of like some people have absolutely no sense of self awareness and are just sanctimonious blowhards.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, teef said:

people are talking about a wing place and you put out a completely different type of restaurant?  why?

I think we all know why. His schtick was initially mildly entertaining, but that has long since worn off. I wonder if he has set a record for the most posters to put one person on ignore. He offers nothing of value, despite his delusions of grandeur. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

I think we all know why. His schtick was initially mildly entertaining, but that has long since worn off. I wonder if he has set a record for the most posters to put one person on ignore. He offers nothing of value, despite his delusions of grandeur. 

nah, not really

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

it did go from fun to sad pretty quickly.  

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Augie said:

I can't put him on ignore until I find out if he was able to dress himself for an event.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.