Jaguars starting LT Cam Robinson gets only 4 games suspended for PEDs

Punching Bag

https://sports.yahoo.com/jaguars-cam-robinson-4-game-124523744.html?src=rss

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37935128/source-jaguars-lt-cam-robinson-suspended-4-games-nfl

Jaguars left tackle Cam Robinson was suspended four games by the NFL for violating the league's performance-enhancing drug policy.

The long-awaited suspension for offensive tackle Cam Robinson was finally made official Thursday when the NFL announced a four-game ban for the Jacksonville Jaguars left tackle.

It was a relatively light punishment as first-time offenders in the past have often received six-game bans. Still, it’ll keep the seventh-year tackle out for nearly a quarter of the Jaguars’ regular season games in 2023.

Yes and you wonder whether he was given a shorter punishment so he could be in game in England since NFL is pushing NFL in Europe.

But what will moving forward look like for the team? There’s a few options ahead of the Jaguars when Robinson is eligible to make his return for a Week 5 game against the Buffalo Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

For 4 games *IF* caught you would be pretty stupid not to do PED's if you are a big dude with any shot of being pro. They don't test for it in high school or college then by the time you are a pro you pretty much know the testing window so you can blast and cruise. People think once you are off gear that you lose your muscle/strength and that's not true. You keep a lot of it if you continue to train. There's also a lot of stuff you can take that helps in recovery and healing that I'm sure a lot of these guys take immediately after the season and then stop before the testing window begins. They only test players April-Aug as far as I know.

• Like (+1) 1

The  league should stop the BS about juicing and just stop testing for its use, everyone knows peds use is an everyday occurrence in the NFL, and has been for many decades. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

For 4 games *IF* caught you would be pretty stupid not to do PED's if you are a big dude with any shot of being pro. They don't test for it in high school or college then by the time you are a pro you pretty much know the testing window so you can blast and cruise. People think once you are off gear that you lose your muscle/strength and that's not true. You keep a lot of it if you continue to train. There's also a lot of stuff you can take that helps in recovery and healing that I'm sure a lot of these guys take immediately after the season and then stop before the testing window begins. They only test players April-Aug as far as I know.

True, but they can test for synthetic testosterone vs real testosterone through metabolites in the body.

Now HGH is another animal all together, not sure they even test for that yet. 

In the players defense they never say what it was, and when you look at the banned substance list its wild what all is on there. 

19 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

All good. We'll be throwing Von Floys and Groot at him as a welcome back present 

Is he still able to practice and attend team activities or is the suspension of this nature from team facilities and activities on top of games?

48 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

True, but they can test for synthetic testosterone vs real testosterone through metabolites in the body.

In the players defense they never say what it was, and when you look at the banned substance list its wild what all is on there. 

You can test for GH via hair as it gets in your DNA.  It’s not true there is no regression at all when they come off, but the athletes cycle as you’ll get tachyphylaxis otherwise.  You basically grow at a more rapid rate when on Roids or GH, but if you train intensely you can maintain what you’ve gained when on.

I competed as a Powerlifter at a national level for 17 years.  Now I’m simply a relatively healthy middle aged guy with the joints of someone 10 years older.  I spent decades around guys shooting up in the locker room, bla, bla.  

Before anyone asks I have never ever taken anything, but Creatine as it’s pretty much the only natural product you can take legally in the tested meets.

The Olympics figured out all the way back to the 80’s how to test for GH.  I thought they updated testing to GH 2 years ago, but I could be wrong and am too lazy to look it up.

As far as what they should’ve done, I agree the standard 6 games would’ve been fair, but what they did do to promote London is also explainable and the NFL is a business.  They don’t care about fair, just $.

It figures his first game back is against us.  He should be out of sync though given he can’t practice for four weeks.  The good news for us is if Von goes on PUP he can return week 5 and go on a pitch count.  The first four is going to be the Groot/Floyd show.  Once we get Von back, that is an amazing trio. And Shaq can off set Von on clear running downs.  

Lastly, GH is dangerous in at high levels can enlarge organs as well with chronic use.  Steroids at extremely high levels is not the only risky product.  It was never worth the risk for me.  

37 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Is he still able to practice and attend team activities or is the suspension of this nature from team facilities and activities on top of games?

No during the suspension.  He can’t be at the facilities at all.

• Thank you (+1) 2

as Florio has taught me to view it, 4 weeks (instead of 6) is likely a negotiated resolution of his appeal.

And yes, as pointed out in a couple spots above, it was probably planned by the NFL to coincide with our game vs Jags.

In fact, a shrewd agent might have reminded the NFL of that fact, and confidently told his client "no way on earth they dont put it at 4, max, because of that Bills game on the schedule".

50 minutes ago, Beast said:

Why would the league prop up Jacksonville? 

to maximize the value and fan interest in the London Jag-yew-ahrs. 

that foothold in europe is critical to the long view.

Edited by maddenboy
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

Come on now.

The Jaguars have been playing in the UK for quite some time. I can’t recall one instance where the NFL has given that franchise favorable treatment or need to give them such.

Edited by Beast
  • Dislike 1

44 minutes ago, Beast said:

I can’t recall one instance where the NFL has given that franchise favorable treatment or need to give them such.

They had their upper deck tarped up for a decade and had every seat in the lower deck between the 20s listed as club seats so they didn't count for blackouts in order to keep them on TV in Jacksonville. If the Bills had been like that during the drought you don't think there would have been a much stronger push to have them move?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Wondering if he's tradeable? He would be a great addition to the Bills oline. This are the types of moves Beane should be making. Not stop gap players, mediocre cheap players, bad draft choices, injury prone players, and washed up old vets. 

Beane has failed woefully to solidify this oline for years. It's ultimately his biggest failure. Will this year be any different? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Wondering if he's tradeable? He would be a great addition to the Bills oline. This are the types of moves Beane should be making. Not stop gap players, mediocre cheap players, bad draft choices, injury prone players, and washed up old vets. 

Beane has failed woefully to solidify this oline for years. It's ultimately his biggest failure. Will this year be any different? 

Lol…… because jax is trying to trade him now?  

and you continue to beat the same dead horse.  Will your next post be any different?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Lol…… because jax is trying to trade him now?  

and you continue to beat the same dead horse.  Will your next post be any different?

No. It's because he's very good. Better than anyone the Bills have on their roster. 

Happy 4th everyone. Go Bills!!!!

Edited by newcam2012
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

No. It's because he's very good. Better than anyone the Bills have on their roster. 

Happy 4th everyone. Go Bills!!!!

He’s alright.  Idk if he’s better than Dion.  Dion.

and again….. because jax is trying to trade him now?  No.  They aren’t 

6 hours ago, Limeaid said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/jaguars-cam-robinson-4-game-124523744.html?src=rss

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37935128/source-jaguars-lt-cam-robinson-suspended-4-games-nfl

Yes and you wonder whether he was given a shorter punishment so he could be in game in England since NFL is pushing NFL in Europe.

I didn’t actually wonder about it. I just assumed he had some mitigating circumstance 

2 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

They had their upper deck tarped up for a decade and had every seat in the lower deck between the 20s listed as club seats so they didn't count for blackouts in order to keep them on TV in Jacksonville. If the Bills had been like that during the drought you don't think there would have been a much stronger push to have them move?

But the Bills weren’t like that. 

2 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

1 minute ago, Beast said:

But the Bills weren’t like that. 

Talk to your fleas and asking them to explain Moon's post.

13 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

I'll solve this for you. They may and likely do test for it, but intentionally do it in a way they will get the negative test results that they want. Nobody has EVER been suspended for HGH use , not a single game. They might pull blood samples and test none of them, I dunno what they do, but they would immediately lose 50% of the league literally (or higher) lol HGH is great for the sport. Nobody is getting an on field boost, its just keeping them on the field or getting them back to it faster.  Longer injury times does nothing to help the game.

6 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I'll solve this for you. They may and likely do test for it, but intentionally do it in a way they will get the negative test results that they want. Nobody has EVER been suspended for HGH use , not a single game. They might pull blood samples and test none of them, I dunno what they do, but they would immediately lose 50% of the league literally (or higher) lol HGH is great for the sport. Nobody is getting an on field boost, its just keeping them on the field or getting them back to it faster.  Longer injury times does nothing to help the game.

Agreed — without HGH, the injury lists would be completely out of control.

Edited by dave mcbride

18 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Now I posted the news about Cam Robinson last Thursday in a different thread, worried that he would back just in time for the Jagaurs at Bills in London game:

Gunner Bill, whom I trust with player opinions, said he is just average in response to my post:

So, I am not too keen on Cam Robinson. No need to give up assets for him.

Edited by chongli
  • Thank you (+1) 2

21 hours ago, maddenboy said:

as Florio has taught me to view it, 4 weeks (instead of 6) is likely a negotiated resolution of his appeal.

And yes, as pointed out in a couple spots above, it was probably planned by the NFL to coincide with our game vs Jags.

In fact, a shrewd agent might have reminded the NFL of that fact, and confidently told his client "no way on earth they dont put it at 4, max, because of that Bills game on the schedule".

And if an LT was out, ticket sales would drop like a stone?

their likelihood of winning a "home" game in front of fans they want to impress would go down.

possibly their motivation to win would increase.

possibly lots of things.  But if i'm the NFL i would have considered it.  And the foothold in Europe would have tipped my scale.

On 7/4/2023 at 11:03 AM, machine gun kelly said:

You can test for GH via hair as it gets in your DNA.  It’s not true there is no regression at all when they come off, but the athletes cycle as you’ll get tachyphylaxis otherwise.  You basically grow at a more rapid rate when on Roids or GH, but if you train intensely you can maintain what you’ve gained when on.

I competed as a Powerlifter at a national level for 17 years.  Now I’m simply a relatively healthy middle aged guy with the joints of someone 10 years older.  I spent decades around guys shooting up in the locker room, bla, bla.  

Before anyone asks I have never ever taken anything, but Creatine as it’s pretty much the only natural product you can take legally in the tested meets.

The Olympics figured out all the way back to the 80’s how to test for GH.  I thought they updated testing to GH 2 years ago, but I could be wrong and am too lazy to look it up.

As far as what they should’ve done, I agree the standard 6 games would’ve been fair, but what they did do to promote London is also explainable and the NFL is a business.  They don’t care about fair, just $.

It figures his first game back is against us.  He should be out of sync though given he can’t practice for four weeks.  The good news for us is if Von goes on PUP he can return week 5 and go on a pitch count.  The first four is going to be the Groot/Floyd show.  Once we get Von back, that is an amazing trio. And Shaq can off set Von on clear running downs.  

Lastly, GH is dangerous in at high levels can enlarge organs as well with chronic use.  Steroids at extremely high levels is not the only risky product.  It was never worth the risk for me.  

I agree, didn't say they couldn't test, just I don't believe the NFL tests for GH yet. 

If they do they just recently started.

5 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

I agree, didn't say they couldn't test, just I don't believe the NFL tests for GH yet. 

If they do they just recently started.

They use the Isoform test in the NFL for 2 years or so.

It tests for synthetic HGH.  It washes out fast though so unreliable.  They don’t want to know to your point.  It’s very expensive.  My guess.  They jump on in February after a two week rest and stop by the end of March.

Being the national championships every year in powerlifting (although what feels like 100 years ago) I can spot these guys a mile away and more than not are taking enhancements.  I just don’t discuss it often as most people don’t know what they are talking about so not worth it.  There are certain traits you can spot.

On 7/4/2023 at 10:48 AM, Don Otreply said:

The  league should stop the BS about juicing and just stop testing for its use, everyone knows peds use is an everyday occurrence in the NFL, and has been for many decades. 

Oh I agree. Just looking at cycling. Because they actually went after doping, the sport has this hugely negative stigma attached to it among the general population,. most of which never watch cycling. While the NFL tests are easy to beat, sentences are light, and even the wording makes it less damaging to clueless fans than saying STEROIDS or whatnot. As if doping wasn't rampant in the NFL. But hey, hypocrisy works. 

8 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

They use the Isoform test in the NFL for 2 years or so.

It tests for synthetic HGH.  It washes out fast though so unreliable.  They don’t want to know to your point.  It’s very expensive.  My guess.  They jump on in February after a two week rest and stop by the end of March.

Being the national championships every year in powerlifting (although what feels like 100 years ago) I can spot these guys a mile away and more than not are taking enhancements.  I just don’t discuss it often as most people don’t know what they are talking about so not worth it.  There are certain traits you can spot.

Yeah, I think HGH levels return to normal in 20 hours? Not sure if there is any metabolites etc left behind in the bloodstream. I've never dealt with PED testing much.

On 7/4/2023 at 12:03 PM, machine gun kelly said:

I always thought HGH was a blood test which... easier said than done.  Easier to accomplish for olympics, but good luck getting the NFLPA to agree to it.  If its a piss test then I'm sure they test for it.  

And a few WWE wrestlers passed away with enlarged hearts (Eddie Guerrero is the one i remember), and they all likely pointed to PEDs.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.