Highmark Stadium ranked 29th

BobbyC81

18 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Speaking of rankings, anyone have access to ESPN+ & can tell us where we rank on this article - https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/insider/story/_/id/37899731/nfl-team-wide-receiver-tight-end-running-back-rankings-2023 ?

I'd like to see what they think of our offensive capabilities.

Not good.

20. Buffalo Bills

2022 rank: 10 | 2021 rank: 9

This is a major downgrade for the Bills, who didn't get a breakout season from any of their young playmakers last season. 

Gabe Davis, who was coming off a four-touchdown game against the Chiefs in the playoffs, was able to catch only 51.6% of his passes and garner targets on 17.7% of his routes. His style is always going to trade middling efficiency for big plays, but he didn't hit home runs frequently enough in 2022. He has to be something more than Buffalo's version of Marquise Valdes-Scantling in a contract year.

Dawson Knox also failed to build on his impressive step forward in 2021, as his touchdown rate regressed back to earth. A Buffalo front office that was reportedly trying to add a tight end to supplement Knox before that season finally got its man this offseason, using a first-round pick on Dalton Kincaid. I'm excited about Kincaid's long-term potential, but rookie tight ends almost always fail to live up to lofty expectations. 

Neither Devin Singletary nor James Cook won the starting job at running back, while a midseason trade for Nyheim Hines delivered a total of 50 yards from scrimmage in nine games. General manager Brandon Beane wisely swapped out Singletary for power back Damien Harris this offseason, with the Bills hoping to pound light boxes as the Chiefs did with Isiah Pacheco last season. Harris struggled to stay healthy in New England, but the hope will undoubtedly be that he can contribute in a 150-carry role. 

So much of how this offense goes depends on quarterback Josh Allen and receiver Stefon Diggs, and the former isn't included in this debate. This is a tier of teams with one star wide receiver and questions around that player, and it's hard to argue that the teams ahead of Buffalo in these rankings don't have better options for possible breakouts on their 2023 rosters.

Edited by Doc Brown

19 hours ago, Radar said:

And we build a other playpen for the billionaires. Drink the kool aid .

It's not drinking the kool aid, we all know how everything works. We just want the Bills to stay in Buffalo and this is how it happens.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/26/2023 at 3:57 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Ralph has the best site lines in the NFL

That’s all I want in the new stadium… Sightlines baby

And I will take a indoor heated area where you can warm up lol

Yes, Ralph himself does have the best sight lines.

On 6/27/2023 at 3:22 PM, klos63 said:

It's not drinking the kool aid, we all know how everything works. We just want the Bills to stay in Buffalo and this is how it happens.

For now the Buffalo Bills stay in Buffalo the stadium is part of how it happens. I never personally thought the new Buffalo Bills stadium would be the problem in Buffalo. The problem is the Buffalo Bills higher ticket prices with PSL’s can the Buffalo Bills organization sell 60,000 seats that is the real question not the stadium but can Bills mafia afford all that on our areas small corporate wealth and a Buffalo Bills fan base that are paid below the national average so use to cheap tickets and a tailgate over spending money inside the stadium instead like the Buffalo Bills want in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

36 minutes ago, I am leaving for good said:

For now the Buffalo Bills stay in Buffalo the stadium is part of how it happens. I never personally thought the new Buffalo Bills stadium would be the problem in Buffalo. The problem is the Buffalo Bills higher ticket prices with PSL’s can the Buffalo Bills organization sell 60,000 seats that is the real question not the stadium but can Bills mafia afford all that on our areas small corporate wealth and a Buffalo Bills fan base that are paid below the national average so use to cheap tickets and a tailgate over spending money inside the stadium instead like the Buffalo Bills want in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

I for one am glad AI seems to be progressing more slowly than predicted.  Posts like this make me far less concerned about Skynet.

On 6/27/2023 at 10:12 AM, Wacka said:

They are gone now, but the worst I nave been in are Cleveland Municipal and Candlestick.

The Oakland Coliseum is a dump.  It is so bad that both the Raiders & A's (deal reached to move, technically still Oakland but not for long) went to Las Vegas for new stadiums. I've been there for both baseball & football & it was just as big a dump for both sports.  

1 hour ago, I am leaving for good said:

Look at the prices on the secondary market.  That's proof that enough people can afford tickets.  .   

On 6/27/2023 at 3:06 PM, ALLinALLEN said:

I attended the snow game vs indy a few years ago and they literally let anyone walk in regardless of ticket/security. Bet you cant do that at 28 other stadiums or the fancy indoor ones. 

I've had tickets but the last 5-6 games I went to at Highmark and didn't use them. A few years ago my friends were far behind me in line with my tickets. I said I had to go to the bathroom when I got to the ticket taker. They said it's over there and I walked over. Since then it's been a game. Got into the Toyota club the same way, that was a little bit of a mess but still got in. 

8 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I for one am glad AI seems to be progressing more slowly than predicted.  Posts like this make me far less concerned about Skynet.

This AI program seems to have a handle on things.

Hard to believe it's insight with just a few simple words to get it started.

The Buffalo Bills stadium has been plagued by the mafia and it is causing trouble for the fans. The mafia is allegedly involved in illegal ticket sales and extortion, making it difficult for true fans to purchase tickets. Additionally, the mafia's presence can lead to unsafe and uncomfortable game experiences for fans. The cost of these issues can be high for the Bills organization, as it may damage their reputation and the overall game day atmosphere. It is important for appropriate action to be taken to eliminate mafia involvement and ensure a positive experience for fans.

3 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

Ralph is cheap

With the prices being jacked up some will appreciate that since tickets were cheap too.

As a boy less than 10 I was able to turn in bottles and attend a game at the Rockpile by myself

Now it will take 2nd mortgages for tickets and since I do not have a 1st one I cannot get.

If one removes the “going to the mall” / “Disney land” aspects of modern stadiums, and ranks stadiums on actually watching the games then I would suspect that with its great sight lines Highmark would be ranked higher. 

On 6/26/2023 at 6:45 PM, BobbyC81 said:

Found this ranking of NFL stadiums on Facebook.  I guess that’s why they’re building a new one.

29. Highmark Stadium - Buffalo Bills

The stadium opened its doors on August 17, 1973

Capacity: 71,600
Things haven’t been exactly smooth for the Buffalo Bills over the past couple of decades. Even so, their loyal Bills Mafia still were in attendance regardless of how incredibly obsolete their home turf is, and it eventually paid off. Now, they get to watch one of the best teams in the league.

The Highmark Stadium — previously known as New Era Field — seems to be stuck in time, since they haven’t done any upgrades on the place in years. God knows their fans deserve better but hey, at least they have plenty of reasons to be excited about with Josh Allen under center.

2 shared stadiums ... so there are only 30 ... Only 1 worse than ours .. must be FedEx field

Edited by damj

I’m not surprised. It’s a dump. I’ve been to about 1/2 of the stadiums at this point and ours is absolutely the worst that I’ve been to. Obviously we have an emotional attachment but compared to others it is trash. In 3 years we will have one of the nicest stadiums in the league.

• Agree 2

27 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not surprised. It’s a dump. I’ve been to about 1/2 of the stadiums at this point and ours is absolutely the worst that I’ve been to. Obviously we have an emotional attachment but compared to others it is trash. In 3 years we will have one of the nicest stadiums in the league.

KJ, I have to admit, I’ve allowed myself to finally get excited over the new stadium.  The renderings look beautiful.  Anyone who doesn’t admit the Ralph or my generation is Rich stadium is a dump is not being honest.  Hell it was a dump during the Kelly days, and it’s still a dump.  It’s also still my stadium.

A real revelation for me was when I started going to games at Ray Jay stadium in Tampa when it first opened.  I couldn’t believe how nice it was and once I graduated to an occasional club seats, I was impressed.

I know I’ll be excited to come to the opening year of the new stadium and I might even splurge for club seats.  This year should be fun as a large contingency of my family go to the home opener.  My boys and I will be there for the Raiders along with cousins and nephews.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

KJ, I have to admit, I’ve allowed myself to finally get excited over the new stadium.  The renderings look beautiful.  Anyone who doesn’t admit the Ralph or my generation is Rich stadium is a dump is not being honest.  Hell it was a dump during the Kelly days, and it’s still a dump.  It’s also still my stadium.

A real revelation for me was when I started going to games at Ray Jay stadium in Tampa when it first opened.  I couldn’t believe how nice it was and once I graduated to an occasional club seats, I was impressed.

I know I’ll be excited to come to the opening year of the new stadium and I might even splurge for club seats.  This year should be fun as a large contingency of my family go to the home opener.  My boys and I will be there for the Raiders along with cousins and nephews.

We have such an incredible fan base. We deserve a stadium to match us. It’ll be amazing!!

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

We don't want other teams and their fans to like our stadium! Besides we have the nicest sinks to piss in.

Of course we do!  Prices will be too high for locals so Bills will need opposition fans to buy tickets!

That appears to be their marketing strategy since they are selling tickets to out of town ticket brokers and travel agents when they used to sell to Bills Backers groups.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Of course we do!  Prices will be too high for locals so Bills will need opposition fans to buy tickets!

That appears to be their marketing strategy since they are selling tickets to out of town ticket brokers and travel agents when they used to sell to Bills Backers groups.

I meant in the current stadium. We had The Rock and now we have The Dump.

I haven’t been to all the stadiums, but a fair number of them and as far as the game day experience goes, there’s nothing better than Buffalo.  That said, the stadium has next to zero amenities and all that said, the egregiously low ticket prices reflected that.  Unfortunately, Buffalo is moving into the new world of PSLs, way more luxury seating, insane ticket prices, worse sight lines, and everything a woman could want in their game day experience. 

I’ve traveled to several other stadiums as part of an annual trek where me and 19 others get together for a guys’ weekend. 

JAX: I honestly hated the actual city of Jacksonville so much I have a hard time even caring about the stadium, which was meh. Honestly I don’t know how anyone can live in that town. It literally smells (I mean literally like the literal version, whereas it literally ***** stinks). Google it. And I kid you not, when we asked where the best place for a steak was (we go to one nice steak dinner in each city), the answer we got was the Ruth’s Chris. Now, they make an above average steak, but if that’s your crowning restaurant, it’s no wonder the city has an odor. 

ATL: the stadium is awesome. Concession prices are insanely low (or were when we went) and since I believe there are 8 real Falcons fans, we were treated excellently. 

Nashville: That stadium could be in the middle of a Jr high baseball field. The college game like experience when the Bills play there is awesome. They actually DO have some fans, but at least 60% of them are willing to sell their tickets to bills fans. 

KC: now this might get me banned, but that stadium is incredible. I won’t say louder than Rich stadium, but it was LOUD. And the ***** talking was great, but with a sense of mutual respect. That may have been because we took the W when we went (last year) but overall A+ experience. 

LA: I will say this; if you get the chance to see any sporting event at Sofi, do it. It’s in a league of its own. I got second row seats (my wife’s 10 year anniversary gift for me) so I was spoiled a bit, but the views, the screens, the clean concessions, the fact that they have RVs outside where you can put stuff (ie my wife’s purse) in lockers and get it out later without any problems, the ease of getting an Uber afterwards; the list goes on.  The opposing fans who are late for their kale enema and look bored the entire time aside, it’s an incredible place to watch a game. 

Lol, at people making excuses. Please just stop with the “it’s a great place to watch a game.” It is not by 2023 standards. It’s okay to say that without talking about the “sight lines” or it being a “throwback.” The stadium in Atlanta is 1,000,000,000x better. That’s reality.

What is with this Buffalo mentality of not wanting nice things?!? That’s so weird and insecure to me. I don’t get it. It’s okay to want better than what we currently have. I have 100’s of great memories in that stadium. It’s still a dump compared to pretty much every other stadium that I’ve been to. It’s okay to have nice things. Soon enough, we will…

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, DCofNC said:

I haven’t been to all the stadiums, but a fair number of them and as far as the game day experience goes, there’s nothing better than Buffalo.  That said, the stadium has next to zero amenities and all that said, the egregiously low ticket prices reflected that.  Unfortunately, Buffalo is moving into the new world of PSLs, way more luxury seating, insane ticket prices, worse sight lines, and everything a woman could want in their game day experience. 

Less drunk men?

I've been to a handful of games at the Ralph and every game although it being disappointing as far as the end result has been pleasant as far as sight lines, fan experience, & just the walk into the stadium is a great no awesome experience Bills Mafia ROCKS !! 

I for one will miss some of that but definitely look forward to the new home of the Bills even though some where some one will say that there is something wrong with the new house but as we all know WE DON"T CARE !! I just hope Josh, Beane, & McD will bring some shiny hardware to adorn the halls of the new stadium .

GO Bills !! 

7 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Lol, at people making excuses. Please just stop with the “it’s a great place to watch a game.” It is not by 2023 standards. It’s okay to say that without talking about the “sight lines” or it being a “throwback.” The stadium in Atlanta is 1,000,000,000x better. That’s reality.

What is with this Buffalo mentality of not wanting nice things?!? That’s so weird and insecure to me. I don’t get it. It’s okay to want better than what we currently have. I have 100’s of great memories in that stadium. It’s still a dump compared to pretty much every other stadium that I’ve been to. It’s okay to have nice things. Soon enough, we will…

I agree with all of this and will add it also doesn't even compare to the other old school stadiums like Arrowhead and Lambeau....it was time

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Did you watch the latest video about the stadium?> How many times did they talk about sight lines? It seemed like the most important thing to them

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Did you watch the latest video about the stadium?> How many times did they talk about sight lines? It seemed like the most important thing to them

I used to go to road games in late 80s and 90s. Never had a problem seeing the game from my seats. People think Highmark only stadium with good "sight lines"?

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

I used to go to road games in late 80s and 90s. Never had a problem seeing the game from my seats. People think Highmark only stadium with good "sight lines"?

There wasn't a bad seat at Giants Stadium either. Many fans would prefer GS over MetLife. For a relatively new stadium MetLife is considered a dump by most fans.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Yeah, you always hear it, then you go to a new stadium and they are no where near what we have now.  I’ll withhold judgement, but the reality is, when you start creating more luxury suites and less bleachers, the lines end up getting jacked up, seats go way higher (away from the field) and the comparable locations are rarely, if ever as good for the average fan.

59 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Yeah, you always hear it, then you go to a new stadium and they are no where near what we have now.  I’ll withhold judgement, but the reality is, when you start creating more luxury suites and less bleachers, the lines end up getting jacked up, seats go way higher (away from the field) and the comparable locations are rarely, if ever as good for the average fan.

Ill have to take your word for that. I've not watched any videos about the planning of other teams stadiums. Just this one. And they talked a lot about sightlines.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.