Tua Answers Media Question Too Honestly

BillsShredder83

Allen or Tua has a better season If both are healthy? 

Allen is by far more talented. I don't even think that's debatable. 

However, Tua has two elite WRs and a young offensive coach who looks to be solid. The team just seems greatly elevated when Tua is under center. The players seem to be all in on Tua. It shows on the field.

It's not an outlandish question because Tua was putting up huge numbers when healthy. In fact, I believe there were mumbles of MVP. 

I think Tua can be very good in stretches but I'm not sure he can do it consistently for a season. Of course, injury concerns are through the roof. 

It will be interesting to see if Allen is asked to play hero ball again. Putting too much on his plate sort of speak. Will he take care of the ball? Take the underneath easy throws and checkdowns? Will Dorsey have good game plays and some unpredictability to his offense 

In the end, I'm predicting Allen is better in all facets than Tua.  The talent edge is pretty wide. Frankly, the comparasions between Tua and Allen are kind of unwarranted. I guess that's what fans and football analyst do.

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, Irv said:

Tua seems like a good guy.  Hopefully he doesn't get concussed seven more times like he did last season.  

He was a long shot to become great. He throws left despite being right-handed, he's small and apparently frail but you can't say he doesn't have heart. After seeing his eggs get scrambled the first time, I've become concerned for him. Then got laughed at by Dolphins fans who just replied with "you're just mad you got beat by a backup." After the second time when his vape smoking coach got zero flak for sending him back in for his brains to get further folded into an omelet, I wanted accountability for his protection. There still hasn't been. The LaBatard homers still would rather blame the entire sport, or helmet technology than the one person who was ultimately responsible for the welfare of his players. That's why McDaniel's snark to reporters isn't cute to me, or his low budget custom t-shirts didn't make me chuckle. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I was not a Tua fan when he was at Alabama and certainly not a fan when he went to the Fins.  I have to admit, however, that when healthy, he played well, and I've been impressed with his personality in interviews.  It's hard not to like the guy.  I guess I wish him personal success (and health), but not team success, as I still despise the Dolphins.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

4 hours ago, arcane said:

Tua is a funny and good guy from all accounts. Don't wish him success over the Bills obviously but he's easy to root for otherwise

I just root for the Buffalo Bills football team. I really don’t root for individual football players in the NFL especially ones that aren’t on my team in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Allen or Tua has a better season If both are healthy? 

Allen is by far more talented. I don't even think that's debatable. 

However, Tua has two elite WRs and a young offensive coach who looks to be solid. The team just seems greatly elevated when Tua is under center. The players seem to be all in on Tua. It shows on the field.

It's not an outlandish question because Tua was putting up huge numbers when healthy. In fact, I believe there were mumbles of MVP. 

I think Tua can be very good in stretches but I'm not sure he can do it consistently for a season. Of course, injury concerns are through the roof. 

It will be interesting to see if Allen is asked to play hero ball again. Putting too much on his plate sort of speak. Will he take care of the ball? Take the underneath easy throws and checkdowns? Will Dorsey have good game plays and some unpredictability to his offense 

In the end, I'm predicting Allen is better in all facets than Tua.  The talent edge is pretty wide. Frankly, the comparasions between Tua and Allen are kind of unwarranted. I guess that's what fans and football analyst do.

Your original question is a no brainer answer.  

Where did the phrase "hero ball" ever come from?  Josh Allen is easily one of the ten most physically gifted QB's of all time.  (not saying one of the 10 best, at least not yet)

Let the man play his best game every week.  He is not a dink and dunk check down guy.  No good QB's are that.  You don't pay a guy millions of dollars to check the ball down.  Let him show what he's got every week on every drive, on every frikin play.  He is an amazing talent.  Don't put the chains on him!!  Did you want Brett Favre to be a check down guy?  Of course not!!  

Just stop.  And go watch some golf until the season comes around.  Good grief.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Yeah, I don't mind Tua as much I do someone like Mac Jones. Jones just has such a punchable face. 

I don't care. I don't wish them injuries, nor even an atrocious season. Just slightly above average - except playing the Bills when they can have their suck games -  so that their teams keep them and they keep being subpar opponents in the AFCE :)

1 hour ago, wppete said:

I really dislike the Dolphins but it’s hard to dislike Tua. Wish he wasn’t there so I could cheer for him. 

Marino gave us all the training we need for that ha ha. I never disliked the guy, still wanted the Bills to Squish The Fish

1 hour ago, wppete said:

I really dislike the Dolphins but it’s hard to dislike Tua. Wish he wasn’t there so I could cheer for him. 

He seems pretty generic to me. What is it you and others like about him so much?

14 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I think that's said in a teammate joking kind of way, but yet you know he's serious.  And he should be.  Tyreek is an animal.

He is just unaware of Tyreek's history of child abuse.  Otherwise, he would not have gone there.

4 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Where did the phrase "hero ball" ever come from?  Josh Allen is easily one of the ten most physically gifted QB's of all time.  (not saying one of the 10 best, at least not yet)

Let the man play his best game every week.  He is not a dink and dunk check down guy.  No good QB's are that.  You don't pay a guy millions of dollars to check the ball down.  Let him show what he's got every week on every drive, on every frikin play.  He is an amazing talent.  Don't put the chains on him!!  Did you want Brett Favre to be a check down guy?  Of course not!!  

Oh boy. I see you are in attack mode.I will gladly address you rude and unprofessional responses. 

Tua absolutely was out playing Allen for the first third of last year's season, has elite weapons, and a very good offensive minded coach. Chatter about him being the MVP. That alone makes the question at least semi acceptable.  Did you even read where I said Allen is way better and gifted? 

Many Miami fans absolutely have rallied around Tua and likely think a healthy Tua is right there with Allen or very close. Did you even read where I said Allen is better by a wide margin? 

Of course, Allen is more physically gifted. However, any football fan knows the QB position is more than physical gifts. Look at Cam Newton and Joe Burrow for examples. Tua seems to have that it factor, leadership role, and players seem to up their game. Again all reasons why the questions isn't a "no brainer."

Did I say I wanted Allen to be a dink and dunk QB? Not sure if you watch Bills games on a regular basis. There has been emmense talk about how Allen should utilize the whole field and take the easy short throws. Often he tries to make more difficult and longer passes to a fault. There is a lot of chatter about the Bills needing to implant more screen passes to Cook and other RBs. 

Any knowledgeable football fan knows using the whole field makes a dynamic offense.  Making the easy short throws open up the longer deeper passes. Maybe you just can't grasp that concept? 

We all have a pretty good idea of what "hero ball" means.  Like I mentioned early, do you watch Bills games regularly? It's been a pretty constant theme for years now that the Bills organization and coaches are overly reliant on Allen. Asking him to play superman is a term often used amoung fans, media, and football analyst. Playing superman clearly equates to playing hero ball. 

Not sure if you know who Tom Brady was. If not, maybe go back and look at the tape. Take a look at how he used the whole field, mad the easy throws, screen passes, and short quick slants. There were no chains on him. I'm not advocating chains for Allen. That's a figment of your imagination. Where did I say or advocate putting the chains on Allen? Would like to get some clarification on how you came to that ridiculous conclusion. 

Your incorrect assumptions only serve to make you look foolish, angry, uneducated, and shallow. Next time you call me out do your homework and don't make false allegations.

It is what It is. Time to play some golf.

Good grief. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Irv said:

Tua seems like a good guy.  Hopefully he doesn't get concussed seven more times like he did last season season.  

He got thru the interview without serious injury, so I think we are making progress.  🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, I am leaving for good said:

I just root for the Buffalo Bills football team. I really don’t root for individual football players in the NFL especially ones that aren’t on my team in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

I get that. I am a little more macro with my football interests. I like certain players and other teams. I do root for some other players and teams. Vice versa too. 

2 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Ummmm....a one TB12 might disagree with you......he was what he was when he needed to be what he needed to be.  A GOAT of DINK AND DUNKER's.  And quite a few more rings than Farve......

Edited by Kwai San
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

HOLY-CHIT LOLLLLLLLL

Best comment award goes to:

“We also asked Lamar Jackson which former Raven he’d least like to share an elevator with”

yea, but which player wouldn't he want to date his sister?

4 hours ago, MJS said:

He seems pretty generic to me. What is it you and others like about him so much?

He is just unaware of Tyreek's history of child abuse.  Otherwise, he would not have gone there.

Shocking thing to think about if you dig a little......

Either A, he's unaware completely (howwwww???)

B. He's aware and his cognitive ability to sniff that out was completely non existent.

How many of us in the same situation would've caught ourselves before we said that?!  Pretty solid example of where his head space is at

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Yeah, I don't mind Tua as much I do someone like Mac Jones. Jones just has such a punchable face. 

Mac Jones, Jack Eichel and Josh Roshen would all be on my Mt. Rushmore of punchable faces. I struggle to come up with a fourth.

Maybe I'll just punch one of them twice.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 6/19/2023 at 8:25 PM, BillsShredder83 said:

HOLY-CHIT LOLLLLLLLL

Best comment award goes to:

“We also asked Lamar Jackson which former Raven he’d least like to share an elevator with”

Fore telling the future…

8 hours ago, stinky finger said:

Mac Jones, Jack Eichel and Josh Roshen would all be on my Mt. Rushmore of punchable faces. I struggle to come up with a fourth.

Baker Mayfield

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, arcane said:

Tua is a funny and good guy from all accounts. Don't wish him success over the Bills obviously but he's easy to root for otherwise

This.  My only issue with Tua was how Alabama fans anointed him the greatest QB ever and he could do no wrong.  When healthy he’s certainly a good (not great) QB, and I’ve never had a problem with what he says or how he acts.  I am actually concerned for him physically, because I don’t think his body is built for this sport.

• Agree 1

On 6/20/2023 at 8:25 AM, Irv said:

Tua seems like a good guy.  Hopefully he doesn't get concussed seven more times like he did last season season.  

Imagine him lining up behind Morse under Center

14 hours ago, stinky finger said:

Eichel could block your punch with the Stanley Cup tho....

14 hours ago, stinky finger said:

Ryan Tannehill. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I will volunteer Kiko Alonso as your fourth punchable face.  

OIP.jfif

Edited by Irv

20 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Oh boy. I see you are in attack mode.I will gladly address you rude and unprofessional responses. 

Tua absolutely was out playing Allen for the first third of last year's season, has elite weapons, and a very good offensive minded coach. Chatter about him being the MVP. That alone makes the question at least semi acceptable.  Did you even read where I said Allen is way better and gifted? 

Many Miami fans absolutely have rallied around Tua and likely think a healthy Tua is right there with Allen or very close. Did you even read where I said Allen is better by a wide margin? 

Of course, Allen is more physically gifted. However, any football fan knows the QB position is more than physical gifts. Look at Cam Newton and Joe Burrow for examples. Tua seems to have that it factor, leadership role, and players seem to up their game. Again all reasons why the questions isn't a "no brainer."

Did I say I wanted Allen to be a dink and dunk QB? Not sure if you watch Bills games on a regular basis. There has been emmense talk about how Allen should utilize the whole field and take the easy short throws. Often he tries to make more difficult and longer passes to a fault. There is a lot of chatter about the Bills needing to implant more screen passes to Cook and other RBs. 

Any knowledgeable football fan knows using the whole field makes a dynamic offense.  Making the easy short throws open up the longer deeper passes. Maybe you just can't grasp that concept? 

We all have a pretty good idea of what "hero ball" means.  Like I mentioned early, do you watch Bills games regularly? It's been a pretty constant theme for years now that the Bills organization and coaches are overly reliant on Allen. Asking him to play superman is a term often used amoung fans, media, and football analyst. Playing superman clearly equates to playing hero ball. 

Not sure if you know who Tom Brady was. If not, maybe go back and look at the tape. Take a look at how he used the whole field, mad the easy throws, screen passes, and short quick slants. There were no chains on him. I'm not advocating chains for Allen. That's a figment of your imagination. Where did I say or advocate putting the chains on Allen? Would like to get some clarification on how you came to that ridiculous conclusion. 

Your incorrect assumptions only serve to make you look foolish, angry, uneducated, and shallow. Next time you call me out do your homework and don't make false allegations.

It is what It is. Time to play some golf.

Good grief. 

I haven't missed a Bills game since the season finale in 1994 when we already eliminated from playoffs in the first year after our Super Bowl run.

I am not one who agrees with the theme that Josh Allen needs to change his style.  With a better O line he will be unstoppable.

As for you, you seem a little high strung.  Save it for when someone really tries to bash you.  LOL

4 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

I haven't missed a Bills game since the season finale in 1994 when we already eliminated from playoffs in the first year after our Super Bowl run.

I am not one who agrees with the theme that Josh Allen needs to change his style.  With a better O line he will be unstoppable.

As for you, you seem a little high strung.  Save it for when someone really tries to bash you.  LOL

Apology accepted. 👍

12 hours ago, BritBill said:

Ryan Tannehill. 

hmmmm...not sure he's Rushmore worthy.

12 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I suppose he could. 

Still - his face screams "I know you want to jab me".

On 6/20/2023 at 10:10 AM, I am leaving for good said:

sounds like you would hate fantasy football, then.

I used to think like you (sound) and i still do.   Since i became an adult, there is not a single NFL jersey from any other player that i would wear, even if you gave it to me for free.   Current or former.  Hell, i would sport an OJ jersey before any other team's former star.  Seriously.   I would wear cookie gilchrist before i would even wanna touch a barry sanders or jim brown.  And i'm not old enough to ever have seen Cookie play.

And really, fantasy football is not a conflict, once you get into it.   Except one thing:  i have had a standing rule since the 90s.  I will never start a dolphins player ever.  And i never have. 

Otherwise, i dont care about any NFL player who is not on my team.  I dont understand why I would.  I'm not his mom/dad.

Edited by maddenboy

On 6/20/2023 at 1:35 PM, Paup 1995MVP said:

Allen's best stretches of football to date are glued together by absolutely surgical, chain-moving matriculation. Of course, we remember the deeper shots when the defense cheats up and gets burned. But the Zen-Josh who was flat-footed and willing to hit the underneath and inside routes...that guy was becoming all-time great. Most of the greatest QBs ever were surgical checkdown artists at their best (winningest). 

Allen's 2023 Halloween halftime was spooky enough apparently to disrupt an historic run of QB play that dated back to 13 seconds. And in between, aside from some electrifying Gabe Davis deep posts and digs, was mostly efficient, chain-moving patience and distribution from the QB. 

Just because Trent Edwards became brutally and cowardly addicted to checking the ball down, no matter the down and distance, doesn't mean that patience and caution are bad. Many of the recent QB greats were boring surgeons and generals out there. Enlightenment at the position seems to include the maxim: take what the defense gives you. Foolish to force the ball otherwise. 

On 6/22/2023 at 12:59 AM, Richard Noggin said:

Allen's best stretches of football to date are glued together by absolutely surgical, chain-moving matriculation. Of course, we remember the deeper shots when the defense cheats up and gets burned. But the Zen-Josh who was flat-footed and willing to hit the underneath and inside routes...that guy was becoming all-time great. Most of the greatest QBs ever were surgical checkdown artists at their best (winningest). 

Allen's 2023 Halloween halftime was spooky enough apparently to disrupt an historic run of QB play that dated back to 13 seconds. And in between, aside from some electrifying Gabe Davis deep posts and digs, was mostly efficient, chain-moving patience and distribution from the QB. 

Just because Trent Edwards became brutally and cowardly addicted to checking the ball down, no matter the down and distance, doesn't mean that patience and caution are bad. Many of the recent QB greats were boring surgeons and generals out there. Enlightenment at the position seems to include the maxim: take what the defense gives you. Foolish to force the ball otherwise. 

I don't think you ever want to let the defense dictate what type of offense you want to run.  Sure there are times you want to throw in the flats or underneath coverage depending on where you are on the field in certain down and distances, and where you are in the game from a clock standpoint.  But the great QB's are not dink and dunk checkdown artists.  I will never agree with that assessment.  And Josh Allen will never be that.  Nor should he be.  That's like when people have a tremendous sports car and are afraid to drive it over 55 miles per hour.  Just a waste of a special machine.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.