Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

3 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

Doesnt JA sound like Favre used to (when he was addicted to painkillers) a bit?  Big, Broad, He-Man statements with zero substance.

Is this why JA's girlfriend left?

Get out of town you low-rent troll.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Some sports franchises fire coaches that make playoff appearances, if they then bow out of them prematurely.

I think most fans here are content with what's going on now, though.

We have the appearance of a competitive team, we are in the discussion, we make the playoffs....we go out of the playoffs....and that's good enough.

Lol, you say that like fans have some impact on the result.

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

Did you actually listen to Allen? He did not “accept blame.” 

Oh you’re done with Diggs? Well he’s here for the foreseeable future so maybe find a new team too new guy.

It’s a headline on ESPN right now, go to the website. Says Allen takes some blame for Diggs, why in the hell is Allen taking any responsibility for what’s happening with the diva?

40 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

could very well be this ^.   same thing happened in Minnesota.   he got tired of the offense and Kirk and wanted out.  now Josh is definitely not Cousins,  but theres something here clearly.  whether its personal between Diggs and Josh,  or its an offensive thing,  who knows.    need to get this figured out before the season starts.

McD and Beane are concerned.  so that tells me that they dont really know whats upsetting Diggs.   that tells me its a personal issue between Diggs and Josh,  that the two of them need to work out.   Coach and GM cant do much about that.

So how in the name of Billy Buffalo and the Herd, could Josh (who seems to be a straight shooter) possibly describe an issue with the offense as "not football related"???

McDermott and Beane being "very concerned" tells you whatever you want to read into it, but it tells the rest of us no such things.  Bakari or someone working with him told Josina Anderson that Diggs camp and McD/Beane have been in communication and it was thought they were "on page".  Evidently when it came to details, they weren't.  This sounds as though they know very well what's upsetting Diggs but they reached a point where, whatever the issue is, neither side feels they can "give".

Josh saying in his presser "Diggs is my guy.  I f ' ing love him" and "He's my brother" and being asked if there's a personality conflict between the two/responding "no", does not support what your Third Eye or your Karma tells you about a personal issue between Diggs and Josh.

2 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Oh you’re done with Diggs? Well he’s here for the foreseeable future so maybe find a new team too new guy.

I feel like Allen isn’t very genuine in public and he’s different behind the scenes. But that’s just me. He’s too by the book in front of the camera.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Bills Bud said:

Allen shows up to work

Well……there is that. 

I don’t know what it is, I just want them to patch it up before having a season for the ages!  I doubt this comes up during The Parade.  

18 minutes ago, Realist said:

So you want to start over with an entire new coaching staff during Josh's prime? Doesn't really sound like a smart thing to do.

That's a good point. It denitely is a concern and might not be the wisest decision. 

I happen to think Allen's presence alone almost gives you a playoff appearence. He's that good and makes everyone around him better. Plus, the current roster looks to be better than good. 

With that said, I think it's more than plausible a solid coach and coaching staff can take over and excell with this team. It's not a rebuild. It's a change that can reap greater rewards. 

Losing McD and Dorsey doesn't equate to the team getting worse. 

Edited by newcam2012

Just now, Bills Bud said:

It’s a headline on ESPN right now, go to the website. Says Allen takes some blame for Diggs, why in the hell is Allen taking any responsibility for what’s happening with the diva?

Allen is not responsible for ESPN's poor headlines. 

That's hardly "taking blame".  A leader will always say there are things they could have done differently and better.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

That is the odd thing. Rule 101 - don't make internal issues public. Yet that's what McDermott did. Beane has always been more comfortable in front of the press and this another example. McDermott should have just said we're in communication with Diggs and understand why he isn't here today, then no commented the rest. At least it then wouldn't have blown up publicly with his agent, and Josh could have followed the same line.

Mcdermott avoids more questions by saying what he did.  There are a whole bunch of other questions about it tomorrow when the media discovers he isnt practicing.  He is very concerned his best weapon isnt practicing even though he is in town and was just here.  Imo its on Allen and Miller as much as its on the front office.  Miller is acting like its business.  Diggs is using modern negotiating tactics. 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Practice is work. Just saying. He gets paid to practice with the team.

Doesn't make a player a "piece of *****". There are a lot of players over the years that have missed a practice, and I don't recall anywhere near the level of vitriol on display here.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Beck Water said:

Allen is not responsible for ESPN's poor headlines. 

That's hardly "taking blame".  A leader will always say there are things they could have done differently and better.

What do you want him to say? The two people who own the least amount of blame are Allen and Diggs, they should be mad at everyone else

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

Doesn't make a player a "piece of *****". There are a lot of players over the years that have missed a practice, and I don't recall anywhere near the level of vitriol on display here.

Oh I agree. It’s a business. The only way players can protest is by missing practice.

11 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Who cares if he's new here?  WTF is that crap?

Just now, GoBills808 said:

You said that's hardly taking blame. I say that's way more blame than Allen owes anyone for whatever this situation is

Okay.  My point was that ESPN's headline is poor, saying that "Allen takes blame for Diggs".

I don't think Allen should take blame for Diggs choice to skip out on mandatory minicamp, but I also don't think Allen saying there are things he could have done better, is appropriately described as "taking blame"

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I find the “shut it down” posts funny because some posters can’t take potential negative/bad news even if accurate. 

Huge numbers of Bills fans on this forum, for some reason, only view the Bills as a vehicle for feeling good.  The moment the whole thing is no longer a wonderful, fun, joy ride, they run away.

This is really weird, b/c I have never actually run into such sports fans in real life.  Most Bills fans you bump into and chat a bit with are sensible, probably a bit cynical, and realistic.  

Here, it's a really odd group of people predominating the forum.

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

I don't agree with this assessment. 

He's merely saying most fans are content with the team's results. 

Correct!  And yeah, right Promo, I think fans can dictate the outcome of games. Work harder.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Okay.  My point was that ESPN's headline is poor, saying that "Allen takes blame for Diggs".

I don't think Allen should take blame for Diggs choice to skip out on mandatory minicamp, but I also don't think Allen saying there are things he could have done better, is appropriately described as "taking blame"

Ok I see what you mean

I think I misunderstood you

15 minutes ago, Bills Bud said:

He’s not taking any sort of blame for Diggs skipping out today. He’s taking blame for falling short in the playoffs again.

7 hours ago, jletha said:

I cant possibly understand what in the world Diggs could be protesting. He signed a new deal last year, hes on a top 3 offense with a top 3 QB.

Whats the angle here? He wants to be traded...to where? He wants more money...based on what?

Cut bait and sign Hopkins if this gets any uglier.

He wants attention.

Communication is key in every walk of life.  Diggs hasnt talk to the organization in months now its a cluster.  Beane and Mcdermott are pretty thorough guys.  Internally, the team has faced and tried answering some of the things Diggs is concerned about.  Whatever Diggs is looking for imo he is handling it terribly.  You can not come in after the offseason is practically over and ask for changes.  Makes zero sense.   

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

He’s not taking any sort of blame for Diggs skipping out today. He’s taking blame for falling short in the playoffs again.

I just listened to the whole thing

He's explaining what he could possibly have done differently to avoid this. You are not accurately representing what's been said

13 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

And how has that worked out for them?

Phil Jackson took over the Bulls from Doug Collins, and won rings. Took over the Lakers, and got them over the hump too. Pat Reilly took over the Heat mid-season & won a title after Van Gundy was forced out. It's worked multiple times in the NHL. Arians took over in Tampa and won with Brady. Just because it didn't work when Ralph acted like a clown doesn't mean it wouldn't ever be a good choice.

8 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I am not hijacking this thread with this comment, but that is where "journalism" overall is today. Poor headlines all over the place...

I agree with your comment

Just now, Capco said:

He wants attention.

Or is it entirely possible that he has a legitimate beef with some thing and this is pretty much the only way he can show his displeasure outside of requesting a trade?

Do we know if any conversations were had over the off-season about this how did the bills staff let it get to this point if so?

They had an entire off-season to do something and help ease the storm a little bit yet here we are. 

I’m in the Camp of all parties probably share blame

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.