RD 1, Pick 25: TE Dalton Kincaid, Utah

SDS

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Any listen to The Rockport Report draft recap pod from a couple weeks ago.  Nate Geary was the guest and he was brutal.  Maybe he should refrain from putting down beers.  Forever. 

His reasoning for Kincaid being a bad pick was Dorsey and his play calling last season + the fact that they ran less 12 personnel than any team in the league. Basically disregarding the fact that Kincaid will be used as the slot the majority of the time.  Refuting the fact that bringing in OJ Howard last year (and guaranteeing him 3.1m) had anything to do with Dorsey wanting to implement more 12 personnel…. Even though the panthers ran the 2nd most 12 when in Carolina.  

It was a cringeworthy portion of pod on his end.  But down the beers nate-  you’re a lightweight 

Geary seems more of a White Claw fella to me. 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, cle23 said:

If he lines up at the line for only 10% of his snaps, he would have a major case to be classified as a WR.  Just like the LBs who rush 80% of the time.  They usually win their case to be classified as a DE.  

What typically happens in those cases is the team and player agree to a number somewhere in the middle.

He definitely does not have a case

seeing as kelce played like 35% of his snaps flexed and he isn’t considered a WR

the TE wanting WR franchise tag money is over

and Why would a LB wanna be classified as a DE? The franchise tag for a LB is more than a DE…

they don’t separate Pass rushing OLBs or MLBs…. It goes to the average of the most expensive… which is pass rushing OLBs and they get more than DEs lol 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

If Kincaid’s self-reported 40 time of 4.5 is true, then that also matches Evans. 

On tape he really does look Ike a 4.5 guy. Quick and fast and wide strides when he gets going. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

seeing as kelce played like 35% of his snaps flexed and he isn’t considered a WR

and Why would a LB wanna be classified as a DE? The franchise tag for a LB is more than a DE…

they don’t separate Pass rushing OLBs or MLBs…. It goes to the average of the most expensive… which is pass rushing OLBs and they get more than DEs lol 

The DE tag is more than a LB tag.  Or it was for several years.  I do believe it is closer now.  It's the average of the top 5 salaries for the position.

And again, the previous post said if he was inline for 10%.  That means 90% flexed.  If Kelce was flexed 35%, that means he was inline for 65%, which is the majority.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, cle23 said:

The DE tag is more than a LB tag.  Or it was for several years.  I do believe it is closer now.  It's the average of the top 5 salaries for the position.

And again, the previous post said if he was inline for 10%.  That means 90% flexed.  If Kelce was flexed 35%, that means he was inline for 65%, which is the majority.  

I read that as flex 10%… And the tag for linebacker is now more than defensive end

Because outside linebackers are pass rushers

the last time DE was more was 3 seasons ago and it was only 1.8 mil more 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Even more than that, if Antonio Gates wasn't classified as a WR then no TE is.

For the record, Antonio Gates, who is somehow forgotten already, is who the Bills are hoping Kincaid can be for them, not Kelce.  

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

Even more than that, if Antonio Gates wasn't classified as a WR then no TE is.

For the record, Antonio Gates, who is somehow forgotten already, is who the Bills are hoping Kincaid can be for them, not Kelce.  

Antonio Gates is a machine and gonna be a HoF

and ex basketball player

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I think we should slow our roll comparing Kincaid to the all time greatest TEs in history in Gates & Kelce. (who by the way each had 20+lbs on Kincaid)...

Personally I think it was a missed opportunity. Nolan Smith inexplicably fell and woulda been a better selection

Kelce and and Gates weighed 266+ coming out of college?  Please show me where you found this clearly made up information.  

It’s crazy how people will make up the stupidest stuff just to try prove a point.  

meanwhile you think drafting a 239lb pass rusher to play 4-3 DE is a good move. 

I love smith- but he’s not a fit in our system.

I agree- comparing him to Kelce and gates is a bit much, but first rd picks are usually compared to great players.  That’s kind of how it goes.

but why make stuff up about his weight?

At age 24, Kelce and gates weren’t 266+ unless you care to share some information we aren’t privy to

6 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

well if it was easy to put on 20+ lbs and still be quick and fast they would all do it. But its not and that's why Gates & Kelce are the best ever, which was kinda my point. 

Kincaid is more likely to be Tyler Eifert than he is Antonio Gates

No-  you said that they weighed 20lb+ more than Kincaid.  That’s just

not true.  The highest I’ve seen Kelce listed is 256.  10lbs heavier.  Most of these guys have to work really hard to keep on that kind of weight.  I’d venture to say that Kelce usually plays around 250.  Kincaid is 246.  

Gates was 250 when he left college.  4lbs heavier than Kincaid.  

It’s clear that Kincaid is an effortless mover.  He’s smooth with very loose hips.  

It’s more likely that he becomes Eifert if he continuously gets injured.  If he stays healthy, like Kelce has, I think it’s more likely he becomes a pro bowler catching passes from 17, than becoming Eifert.  

time will tell, but he Is clearly a super talented player with HoF upside.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

HoF upside? holy *****

HoF upside….. yes.  

I’m assuming they didn’t teach you the definition of upside at SUNY Amherst. 

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

well I hope you are right but I have my doubts. 

You have your doubts that he has HoF upside?  Or that he will be a HoFer?

I definitely have my doubts that he’ll be a HoFer.  But I don’t doubt that he has HoF upside

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

HoF upside….. yes.  

I’m assuming they didn’t teach you the definition of upside at SUNY Amherst. 

SUNY Upside is one of the early bird specials at Amy's Place, if you're into lentils with your runny eggs. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

SUNY Upside is one of the early bird specials at Amy's Place, if you're into lentils with your runny eggs. 

Mmmmmmm.  That reminds me.  Everyone should try this cheap and simple recipe. Heat up a can of progresso Lentil soup.  strain 90% of the broth then add the remaining 10% broth and lentils to a 1/2lb of cooked Ditalini (or another small pasta of your choice).  Top with lots of grated pecorino romano cheese.  Crushed red, salt and pepper to taste.  Such an amazing comfort food that always puts a smile on my face.  

edit:  or if you like it soupy, keep

as much of the broth as you like.  I feel that too much broth will soak up too much cheese and change the flavor profile and texture 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Please don't dis lentils like that.  Properly cooked, lentils are scrumptious and delectable.  I'm thinking that vegan Enchilada recipe I got off this board about a year and a half back (pretty sure it's this one).  Dal Palak with nicely cooked basmati rice.  Misir wat with fresh injara.  That kind of thing.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

You have your doubts that he has HoF upside?  Or that he will be a HoFer?

I definitely have my doubts that he’ll be a HoFer.  But I don’t doubt that he has HoF upside

I mean, all of the elements are there
Unicorn QB throwing him in the ball

First round picks so you have to use him

Enough talent around him. The teams won’t be able to focus on him specifically.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I mean, all of the elements are there
Unicorn QB throwing him in the ball

First round picks so you have to use him

Enough talent around him. The teams won’t be able to focus on him specifically.

Apparently I’m crazy John. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Please don't dis lentils like that.  Properly cooked, lentils are scrumptious and delectable.  I'm thinking that vegan Enchilada recipe I got off this board about a year and a half back (pretty sure it's this one).  Dal Palak with nicely cooked basmati rice.  Misir wat with fresh injara.  That kind of thing.

Lentils are sacred
do not ever ever dis them.
 Legumes in general. But Lentils are special

and i have no issue with runny eggs being dipped into with hot buttered toast..

But to each , as they see fit :)

HOF ?

Bit early aren't we 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I mean it’s not exactly a controversial opinion. I don’t think he has Hall of Fame upside. There are only 8 tight ends in the history of the game in the Hall of Fame.

You are the one with the controversial opinion that he’s got the ability to be one of the top 10 at his position to ever play

You were a Josh Rosen kinda guy huh? 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, SUNY_amherst said:

No not really. I questioned his desire as a rich kid who didn't need football. I didn't think he would be as terrible as he turned out though. I liked Jackson-Darnold-Allen-Rosen in that order

What does that have to do with Dalton Kincaid though? 

Dalton Kincaid has the ability to a special player, like Josh and Diggs. Some people can see the potential others can't see it until after it  happens. 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Right but you should ask yourself why no one here thought that until after the Bills selected him lol

I think he can be a solid NFL recieving tight end and I am not angry about the selection. People were comparing him to Antonio Gates & Travis Kelce though, like, calm down

He was thought to be a top-15 pick my many experts and no one thought he'd fall anywhere close to where he did.

People are not just being homers about Kincaid; they see the star potential and the experts are saying it too. If you think that's just homerism look at all the grief the Williams pick got, and others from past years. This board doesn't just rave about every pick the Bills make.

Maybe we're all going to be wrong about him and he'll be merely average but I don't think so. The 35-4 TD to drop ratio is incredible and he's just not a "stat" guy who doesn't live up to the numbers; when you watch him play you see that he's special.

Edited by Nephilim17
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

He was thought to be a top-15 pick my many experts and no one thought he'd fall anywhere close to where he did.

People are just being homers about Kincaid; they see the star potential and the experts are saying it too. If you think that's just homerism look at all the grief the Williams pick got, and others from past years. This board doesn't just rave about every pick the Bills make.

Maybe we're all going to be wrong about him and he'll be merely average but I don't think so. The 35-4 TD to drop ratio is incredible and he's just not a "stat" guy who doesn't live up to the numbers; when you watch him play you see that he's special.

It was actually 16-2 but yeah, his hands are unreal. 

• Disagree 1

10 hours ago, NewEra said:

Mmmmmmm.  That reminds me.  Everyone should try this cheap and simple recipe. Heat up a can of progresso Lentil soup.  strain 90% of the broth then add the remaining 10% broth and lentils to a 1/2lb of cooked Ditalini (or another small pasta of your choice).  Top with lots of grated pecorino romano cheese.  Crushed red, salt and pepper to taste.  Such an amazing comfort food that always puts a smile on my face.  

edit:  or if you like it soupy, keep

as much of the broth as you like.  I feel that too much broth will soak up too much cheese and change the flavor profile and texture 

Ditalini is the pasta used in Pasta Fagiola. I used to make a similar meal with Progresso Lentil Soup and Ditalini. I also did a rice dish based on Dinty Moore Beef Stew... add water and rice, a few onions and simmer it covered until the rice is cooked... good makeshift bachelor food from the college days. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

9 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Ditalini is the pasta used in Pasta Fagiola. I used to make a similar meal with Progresso Lentil Soup and Ditalini. I also did a rice dish based on Dinty Moore Beef Stew... add water and rice, a few onions and simmer it covered until the rice is cooked... good makeshift bachelor food from the college days. 

Yup.  Ditalini makes for a nice spoonful.  Problem being, if you’re drunk, you can smash the whole bowl in under 1 minute easy. Then it’s gone and you’re left sad and wanting more 🤣

I make that rice dish once a week.  My Elderly mother moved in with my wife and I and is very particular about her food.  When we make something I know she won’t eat- I throw beef, onions and rice together with a touch of beef bouillon to flavor it up. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I mean it’s not exactly a controversial opinion. I don’t think he has Hall of Fame upside. There are only 8 tight ends in the history of the game in the Hall of Fame.

You are the one with the controversial opinion that he’s got the ability to be one of the top 10 at his position to ever play

No mention of the 4 other that’s will definitely be in the HoF by them.  Plus others are looking like they may as well.

Gronk

Kelce

Gates

witten 

maybe Andrews.  Maybe ertz.  Maybe Kittle. Maybe Christianson. Maybe olsen (doubtful). Maybe Pitts.  

so no, he won’t have to be among the top 10 in the position ever to make the HoF.  He has a guy that will be among the best QBs ever throwing him passes for 10+ years.  

Again….. upside.  Learn the definition 

12 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

As a guy of Italian extraction who loves to cook and learned to cook from an extended family of PHENOMENAL Italian female cooks, your fake Italian stuff disgusts me!  Really does!  For God's sake, do it the right way, it won't cost that much more....even if you were a starving college kid or whatever.

Having said that, if you enjoyed the food back then, I guess mission accomplished! 

😀

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

As a guy of Italian extraction who loves to cook and learned to cook from an extended family of PHENOMENAL Italian female cooks, your fake Italian stuff disgusts me!  Really does!  For God's sake, do it the right way, it won't cost that much more....even if you were a starving college kid or whatever.

Having said that, if you enjoyed the food back then, I guess mission accomplished! 

😀

Yes the inclusion of Dinty Moore Beef Stew ruined any culinary positive vibe I had.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

😀

Stephen A Smith Eye Roll GIF by ESPN

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

No mention of the 4 other that’s will definitely be in the HoF by them.  Plus others are looking like they may as well.

Gronk

Kelce

Gates

witten 

maybe Andrews.  Maybe ertz.  Maybe Kittle. Maybe Christianson. Maybe olsen (doubtful). Maybe Pitts.  

so no, he won’t have to be among the top 10 in the position ever to make the HoF.  He has a guy that will be among the best QBs ever throwing him passes for 10+ years.  

Again….. upside.  Learn the definition 

Agreed, it’s also been a fact of history that TEs were primarily used as an extra blocker and not as a pass catcher up until relatively recent.

We’ll see more TEs added to the HOF at higher rate from here on out as the league has morphed into a passing league.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

😀

My grandmother from the west side was also a phenomenal cook- not just Italian food either.  Don't know how she did it but her chicken soup was something I will never experience again unfortunately.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.