RD 1, Pick 25: TE Dalton Kincaid, Utah

SDS

7 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

though as mentioned early in the night, 4 was the price for 25 and 3 would get them to like 22 or such. It was a predictable price. Not a guy I would’ve guessed it for but with the right coordinator our talent is a real challenge on defenses. 

hines and Kincaid on the field with knox/Davis/diggs creates a good bit of pressure with 5 guys that have the whole route tree or a physical run set. 

Yeah. I like this better than any WR they might have taken in this range.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

We are an offense that doesn’t use TEs. When Knox got his new contract I said it would be a bargain if his usage increased a lot but it didn’t. Same applies here. Could be a great pick if Dorsey has a plan on how he wants to use him and get him the ball. If we just go through the motions with him like we do a lot of other players then it becomes a head scratcher. 

I imagine Dorsey asked for this so hopefully he can get creative with 2 TE sets. 

Stop thinking of him as a TE. Start thinking of him as a Jacked up Slot WR

• Like (+1) 7

I like the pick.  Knox simply has not been a reliable pass catcher and Kincaid seems much better at that.

I was never a fan of the Knox contract, and this feels like Beane would want it back if he had the chance as well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

In his presser Beane just said that they aren't asking him to do much in the way of blocking. Wonder if they see him more of a big slot than doing much on-line by that comment.

They shouldn’t ask him to block much. This is a passing team full stop. It was a shame last year Knox had to stay in more because of the line issues. But even if those issues persist, this kid is a pass catcher, pure and simple. 

And I’d bet Beane had a higher grade on DK than some of the wideouts that went before him. Dan Jeremiah had him 9th overall.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I don't understand how anyone could hate this pick. We just got an elite pass catcher to pair with Diggs. Go get Hopkins and dare teams to keep up with us.

I watched that game...Kincaid is a really good player.

I had my sights set on the Bills drafting an OT like Darnell Wright in round 1, but since he and the other good Tackles were off the board, Kincaid is a darn good consolation prize!

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

Ummm yes?… it’s not baseball with no salary cap so yes It would hurt the roster building… you can keep pushing The cap down the road by extensions/restructures, but got to pay the piper eventually.

So just ignore  the fact that Josh likes throwing to WRs and we traded up for TE when we underuse our starting TE?

We traded up for a TE so, 32.5 catches for Kincaid this year. Over/under?

Except it doesn’t. Those that cannot evaluate the game or players turn to cap talk.  Do you. 

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

We are an offense that doesn’t use TEs. When Knox got his new contract I said it would be a bargain if his usage increased a lot but it didn’t. Same applies here. Could be a great pick if Dorsey has a plan on how he wants to use him and get him the ball. If we just go through the motions with him like we do a lot of other players then it becomes a head scratcher. 

I imagine Dorsey asked for this so hopefully he can get creative with 2 TE sets. 

Kincaid is a lot more versatile than simply labeling him a ‘TE’…he’s a much more gifted pass catcher/route runner than Knox. He could line up in the slot every play and never play ‘true’ tight end and he still provides a lot more value than anyone in that late run on wrs would have. 

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.