NFL Honors award winners (Daboll is COTY, Mahomes is MVP)

chongli

MVP: Patrick Mahomes

Coach of the Year: Brian Daboll

AP Assistant Coach of the Year: DeMeco Ryans

Offensive Player of the Year: Justin Jefferson

Defensive Player of the Year: Nick Bosa

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Garrett Wilson

Defensive Rookie of the Year: Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner

FedEx Air Player of the Year: Joe Burrow

FedEx Gound Player of the Year: Josh Jacobs

Comeback Player of the Year: Geno Smith

Salute to Service Award: Ron Rivera

Walter Payton Man of the Year: Dak Prescott

Captain Morgan Fan of the Year: Larry Bevans (Seahawks)

Bud Light Bud Celly of the Year: Cincinnati Bengals

Head & Shoulders Never Not Working Protection Play of the Year: George Kittle

Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2023: see separate thread:

Special tribute to Damar Hamlin:

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• chongli changed the title to NFL Honors award winners (Daboll is COTY, Mahomes is MVP)
3 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Turk was first on this subject.

Miss Hap, this be addressed.

Yeah, but I've been preparing this post since the start of the show at 6 PM ET. I just decided to wait until everything was announced to post. Plus, this is different in this has all the award winners.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, chongli said:

Yeah, but I've been preparing this post since the start of the show at 6 PM ET. I just decided to wait until everything was announced to post. Plus, this is different in this has all the award winners.

…..if you say so, then so be it.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Daboll won an award in his first year that Mcd hasn’t in 6 tries.

I don’t think MCD has tried to win anything other than a title. Who cares about coty?

6 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Yeah, thought you’d see the right way.

And next year it’ll be only once in 20 years has it happened 

6 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

I don’t think MCD has tried to win anything other than a title. Who cares about coty?

7 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

2 minutes ago, McBean said:

Congrats to WNY born and raised Brian Daboll on COTY.

Man, would’ve been nice if we had the opportunity to hire him as our coach.

The move was to leave McD and Frazier in the parking lot in kc and hire Daboll to continue to groom Josh and win Super Bowl in buffalo. But no. Too scared to conservative from owner down . This is professional sports. Gotta be cut throat 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, balln said:

The move was to leave McD and Frazier in the parking lot in kc and hire Daboll to continue to groom Josh and win Super Bowl in buffalo. But no. Too scared to conservative from owner down . This is professional sports. Gotta be cut throat 

Yeah let’s fire the winningest coach in franchise history and promote the OC to HC. Got it.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Yeah let’s fire the winningest coach in franchise history and promote the OC to HC. Got it.

Yes. Exactly. McD is only the “winningest” - honestly who give a f , only coaching stat that matters is Super Bowl wins - because he has Josh Allen and Daboll converted him into a superstar. 

his Defenses have been SOFT AND COLLAPSED WOEFULLY every playoff game

furhermore - and especially

relevant now - Daboll would have brought in wink and that giants D played a lot better scheme for championship ball then Mc Frazier 

Edited by balln

6 minutes ago, balln said:

furhermore - and especially

relevant now - Daboll would have brought in wink and that giants D played a lot better scheme for championship ball then Mc Frazier 

You mean the defense that, in their final playoff game, gave up 38 points to a team that averaged 28 points? And coulda scored more but it was a 30 point blowout? Oh yeah that “championship ball” plying defense.

1 minute ago, StHustle said:

You mean the defense that, in their final playoff game, gave up 38 points to a team that averaged 28 points? And coulda scored more but it was a 30 point blowout? Oh yeah that “championship ball” plying defense.

Such an inferior roster. Comparison is dumb. I’m talking zone vs man. Scheming. Big game coaching. Ravens 

fine you can keep your winningiest Hc that loses in 13 seconds . Unbelievable 

5 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Mahomes has a better offensive support system including Reid than Josh does. All Josh has is Diggs.

Reid is Mahomes’ big advantage. Both only have one good receiving option this season. KC has a better OL. Neither have anyone special at RB. The Bills had a better defense when everyone was healthy, but not by the end of the season. Mahomes and the Chiefs, of course, have achieved more. 

There’s also Burrow and Hurts to consider. Take out Hurts and you have the obvious top 3 IMO. I think the determining factor for me would be okay down the stretch. Allen stumbled by trying to do too much on too many plays. The other two did not falter the same way. I still have Mahomes over Burrow. He did more with a lot less receiving help. So it eems to me like he deserved it. He’s still the best player at the toughest position on the field. If Allen takes the plays the defenses give him and gets some help from Dorsey and Beane he could win MVP multiple times in years to come. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Einstein said:

Daboll won an award in his first year that Mcd hasn’t in 6 tries.

That’s not fair. The opportunity was there for Daboll to improve a bad team. McDermott’s challenge to win that type of award is to take a good team to the Super Bowl. That climb has proven steeper.

3 hours ago, balln said:

Couldn’t agree more.

When we don’t make playoffs this coming year or get bounced first round Frazier or Dorsey will get the ax.

McDermott could not win a game for 3 years and be ok. He’s the Pegula’s son.

9 hours ago, Airseven said:

Jets trajectory surpasses that of the Bills. They’re an above average, veteran QB away from overtaking the Bills.

Even if this were true, who cares? Nobody stays "on trajectory" in the cap world. The bills spent 2.5 years as the darling that everyone wanted to be, and one game is apparently enough to make everyone here an unintelligent pisspot about them.

The bills have josh allen, the jets have never and will not soon have a qb like him, which will always give the bills an edge. If they get a qb like him, their AMAZEBALLS roster will eventually take hits like ours. 

You people are seriously getting impossible to stomach 

1 hour ago, Airseven said:

That’s not fair. The opportunity was there for Daboll to improve a bad team. McDermott’s challenge to win that type of award is to take a good team to the Super Bowl. That climb has proven steeper.

It is fair.

- Belichick won 3 COTY awards while never having a losing season.

- Vrabel won COTY while after a AFCCG season.

- Harbaugh won COTY after a 10-6 season.

- McVay won CTOY while going to the Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.