Bengals' Board Monitoring TBD

thenorthremembers

2 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

Not for nothing but I’ve always been curious as to why someone would create a username, post and reply on another fan forum? I’ve perused other teams boards to get a sense of what they may be dealing with, injuries, slumps etc. I would never interact with them though and if I did I wouldn’t expect them to necessarily be inviting. Not judging just think it’s strange to do that and then complain about it. 

We've had fans come here from other teams regularly, and have some good talk.

They're usually a tad less pugnacious though

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Started civil enough but quickly got into thrashing our fans, and city.   Going as far as to say the Bills used a tragedy to call off the previous game because "they wanted no part of us."  Also mentioned us saying Skylar Thompson is a great QB, which I dont recall in the least

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Threads-from-our-Frenemies-part-2?page=2

If they want an honest opinion I think they are an incredibly talented football team.    Think their QB is gifted but incredibly cocky, and as far as cities go...

Who cares--- We buffalo fans are the same way --- Not all of us but there is a percentage that will trash other cities and fans and players. and if yo uread all the comments to your thread - you will see you started a narrative for Bills fans to trach Cinci as well

16 hours ago, UConn James said:

Meth central, according to Dave Chappelle, who lives there.

When your other option is going to Sandusky, I can understand the appeal. 

I certainly kicked the hornet's nest with my first comment, haha. 

10 hours ago, Caesar said:

I'm guessing you are not reading all the comments directed at me.

"i am this arrogant because i know i know football. &  i am just disrespectful toward cinci trash"

"Your boy Hendrickson though? He's piece of crap, dirty player."

"Another piece of crap, dirty player."

"I'm not scared of Jordan burrows, ...I'm not going to spell his name right. He doesn't deserve it. The cockswagger chump puffing on cigars is cute if you're making a tic toc..."

"The other dude I don't know his name but it's cool they have two JAGs at RB."

These are from the last 24 hours, very classy.

From what like 3 or 4 people around here?  Grow some thick skin man.  We have Bills fans here that dog our own team like that.  You went back to your board and acted like we are all like that.

• Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, 4thandGoal said:

Who cares--- We buffalo fans are the same way --- Not all of us but there is a percentage that will trash other cities and fans and players. and if yo uread all the comments to your thread - you will see you started a narrative for Bills fans to trach Cinci as well

If you dont care why bother clicking on the thread?   Much less respond to it?   If there is indeed a percentage of fans who will trash other fan bases and cities as you claim,  then my post didnt start a narrative at all as you claim.     Given your response, I am not 100% you know what a narrative is and how it begins. 

19 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

From what like 3 or 4 people around here?  Grow some thick skin man.  We have Bills fans here that dog our own team like that.  You went back to your board and acted like we are all like that.

I revel in the fan interaction between them and us... it's all talk in the end. We do have several Debbie Downers here and despite McDermott's success, our own fans STILL dog him. That's just another day in the Bills Mafia!

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Started civil enough but quickly got into thrashing our fans, and city.   Going as far as to say the Bills used a tragedy to call off the previous game because "they wanted no part of us."  Also mentioned us saying Skylar Thompson is a great QB, which I dont recall in the least

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Threads-from-our-Frenemies-part-2?page=2

If they want an honest opinion I think they are an incredibly talented football team.    Think their QB is gifted but incredibly cocky, and as far as cities go...

Stuff like this might be the biggest reason why my viewership of sports has fallen drastically in the past couple of decades.  Fans, even media members taking shots at other fans and other cities/areas.  

Some people need that stuff. Some people thrive on name calling and hating on others and it drives them. And don't kid yourself thinking it doesn't happen here, we have many local Bills fans that are the same way, including on this board.  

Again, some people think it is entertaining. Others actually thrive on the hating.  Not for me.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Stuff like this might be the biggest reason why my viewership of sports has fallen drastically in the past couple of decades.  Fans, even media members taking shots at other fans and other cities/areas.  

Some people need that stuff. Some people thrive on name calling and hating on others and it drives them. And don't kid yourself thinking it doesn't happen here, we have many local Bills fans that are the same way, including on this board.  

Again, some people think it is entertaining. Others actually thrive on the hating.  Not for me.

Yep - buffalo is not a bad place... in fact i bet its a lot like cincinnati.   Sports wise we both have good football teams after... many years of not so good football teams.  Their baseball team stinks.  Our hockey team is turning it around a bit, but stilll... stinks.  Not that big of cities.  Rust belt.  

Honestly if they beat us i want them to win it.  I hate KC.  Everyone left in the NFC has won one or more already.  

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Your posts were stated in a way such that all, or at least the majority of us, were over here making far-fetched claims. It’d be the same as me coming here saying “Chiefs fans are over there calling Hamlin ‘Deadmar’,” when in fact I only read it from one poster - and I came back here and relayed that information truthfully “one of the fans over there…” 

Don’t make it sound like we’re all clueless over here. I liked that you were contradicted by one of your own who said “I read through about 8 pages and found them all to be reasonable for the most part.” But hey, if you think a negative experience with a couple fans here represents the majority of us, then do what you do. Take that info to the jungle. Vilify us all. Go Bills!

I do not disagree with this and that most of the posters here are very good and knowledgeable, I will go as far as to say that and even the inhospitable ones are sound in their football understanding.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Welcome Bengals fans! Here's a math exercise: 

I like the Bengals and Burrow.

However, I LOVE the Bills and Allen. 

Love > Like

Therefore, GO BILLS!

Hate to be the fun police here, but that's really more of a proof of logic and not a math exercise. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Wasn't my intent, I'll clarify.  I did let a couple get under my skin.

16 minutes ago, Caesar said:

I do not disagree with this and that most of the posters here are very good and knowledgeable, I will go as far as to say that and even the inhospitable ones are sound in their football understanding.

Yet:

“but 99% of these guys are shocked the Bills are not undefeated the past 2 seasons.”

“The Trey nonsense is nonstop, and they swear Skylar Thompson is a great QB.... “

you actually wrote this…..

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, Caesar said:

A handful of you are just immature haters of other fans.  We do have fans from other teams on our board all the time, I have no idea why they post their policy.  I have not said a negative word about your team, I think the Bills win this game.

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yet:

“but 99% of these guys are shocked the Bills are not undefeated the past 2 seasons.”

“The Trey nonsense is nonstop, and they swear Skylar Thompson is a great QB.... “

you actually wrote this…..

But you did write this.  

explain-  please do

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

But you did write this.  

explain-  please do

yes, I may have gotten myself into a behive of not the greatest posters here initially.  It was all “Trey is dirty”, Skylar is way better than Hundley, nonstop reasons why the Bills are the best team…

Since then I have chatted with several excellent posters here.

Just now, Caesar said:

yes, I may have gotten myself into a behive of not the greatest posters here initially.  It was all “Trey is dirty”, Skylar is way better than Hundley, nonstop reasons why the Bills are the best team…

lol.  You’re so fos.

”Skylar is better than Huntley”…. Yet you wrote “they swear Skylar is a great QB”.

just stop with the lies and stop BSing.  It’s obvious what you are even if you don’t believe it.   

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Caesar said:

A handful of you are just immature haters of other fans.  We do have fans from other teams on our board all the time, I have no idea why they post their policy.  I have not said a negative word about your team, I think the Bills win this game.

I know this game. The football gods aren't going to take pity on your faux self doubt and grant you with a win.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Hey, I really like the Bengals. Never thought much of their coach until the Hamlin situation, which made me respect him a lot more. 

Burrow is great. I love the attitude, the arrogance, the moxie. It's fun to watch. He reminds me of the hotshot young pilot in the new Top Gun movie, for those who have seen it. 

I can see him saying "oh I'm good. I'm real good" (quote from the film). Maybe he has. I guess he sort of has, in so many words with the whole "our window is my entire career" comment. 

He's a unique personality for sure. Super confident to the point of arrogant, but somehow also likeable.  That's rare. But it makes him different also from the other star QBs, and to me as a fan who watches for entertainment that's fun.

Burrow is the heel who the fans love. 

All that said, this week he's going home, and I hope he cheers for us next week!

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Skylar did nothing last week. No Bills fan should be feeling the need to say he's good. He wasn't.

18/45 220 yards 40% completion % 1 td 2ints 4 sacks

People who claim he was good must not have watched the game. Which is why the comments about us barely winning against a 3rd string qb are so dumb. We almost lost because of our own mistakes not Skylar's arm.

Edited by What a Tuel

Man so far as franchises go....to me this is like flip sides of the same coin. Rust belt cities, long history of heartbreaks, used to have owners that were...um...frugal...now both have risen and have top QBs and well run franchises.

Plus, Dalton helped us make the playoffs, as we all recall.

Personally, I find them hard to hate, though I hope we beat their doors off. Go to any football forum...it's full of dummies. So what.

• Like (+1) 2

It’s called hyperbole and that day the “Skylar is so much better than Hundley” was a lil crazy.  And yes I was peppered with a ton of reasons why the Bills are so much better than everyone else.

I will say there were some that were very hard on the team and the coach that day as well.

But I’m glad you feel better…..

13 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

I know this game. The football gods aren't going to take pity on your faux self doubt and grant you with a win.

We have 3 backups and a 4th round rookie on the oline. One is a guard playing tackle.

We haven’t run the ball well in a month before the injuries.

Nothing faux about it.

2 minutes ago, Caesar said:

We have 3 backups and a 4th round rookie on the oline. One is a guard playing tackle.

Nothing faux about it.

And we have 3 backups/rookies playing safety/cb as well as missing Von Miller. 

This isn't a race to the bottom but we may not get the pressure on Burrow we need before someone gets open. 

We shall see in a few short days. Lets both just hope the Chiefs lose to the Jags saturday. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Caesar said:

I'm guessing you are not reading all the comments directed at me.

"i am this arrogant because i know i know football. &  i am just disrespectful toward cinci trash"

"Your boy Hendrickson though? He's piece of crap, dirty player."

"Another piece of crap, dirty player."

"I'm not scared of Jordan burrows, ...I'm not going to spell his name right. He doesn't deserve it. The cockswagger chump puffing on cigars is cute if you're making a tic toc..."

"The other dude I don't know his name but it's cool they have two JAGs at RB."

These are from the last 24 hours, very classy.

You have a lot of time on your hands.  🙄

18 minutes ago, Caesar said:

It’s called hyperbole and that day the “Skylar is so much better than Hundley” was a lil crazy

Suggesting that Skylar Thompson is a better option at QB than the gawdawful Tyler Huntley is in no way saying that Skylar Thompson is a good QB, much less a great one. But you are well aware of that and instead just chose to lie to your buddies so that you had another way to mock the people here. Those kinds of misrepresentations of this community are why this place has no respect for you or trust in your word, nor should it.

If you want to point at people and question their decency and integrity, perhaps you should start with a mirror.

• Thank you (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

Suggesting that Skylar Thompson is a better option at QB than the gawdawful Tyler Huntley is in no way saying that Skylar Thompson is a good QB, much less a great one. But you are well aware of that and instead just chose to lie to your buddies so that you had another way to mock the people here. Those kinds of misrepresentations of this community are why this place has no respect for you or trust in your word, nor should it.

If you want to point at people and question their decency and integrity, perhaps you should start with a mirror.

I’m  on a post limit, you want to continue the childish personal attacks, which u seem to prefer, feel free.  I’m only discussing ball now.

• Dislike 1

31 minutes ago, Caesar said:

It’s called hyperbole and that day the “Skylar is so much better than Hundley” was a lil crazy.  And yes I was peppered with a ton of reasons why the Bills are so much better than everyone else.

I will say there were some that were very hard on the team and the coach that day as well.

But I’m glad you feel better…..

Nothing faux about it.

It's possible Skylar may be more "talented" than Huntley but Huntley is probably the better QB right now. Neither are very good.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Caesar said:

I’m  on a post limit, you want to continue the childish personal attacks, which u seem to prefer, feel free.  I’m only discussing ball now.

Now that we know what you are, I have little interest in engaging you in either.

I just wanted to make it perfectly clear to the rest of this community what they were dealing with.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Caesar said:

“Now”……after slandering our fan base on your message board with a bunch of nonsense.  “Now” after being caught red handed literally making stuff up.

✌️ 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.