Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

34 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

LOL imagine thinking wanting to win a super bowl is such a “terrible” want for a Bills fan. Sue me, I want to win a super bowl. 

GM’s need to understand it doesn’t matter what they want. They work for the owners who ultimately have to work for the fans because the fans are what makes the NFL. It’s sad to see so many fans simp and accept just being entertained. Some fans don’t even care about winning a super bowl, they are just happy watching football. It’s one of the reasons why my passion for being a Bills fan is dwindling somewhat. For me it’s about winning a super bowl, and the Pegula’s have been pretty adamant about being an endless check writer. So I don’t blame ownership at all currently. Right now my blame lies solely on Beane for failing to win a super bowl. If Beane trades for Hopkins, it will dramatically shift my perceptions about him. It will show to me that he understands where the issues are and he’s doing everything he can to make it happen. 

The bolded shows your whole arse. Beane's job is not to show YOU that he agrees with YOUR roster-building strategy, and therefore "dramatically shift [your] perceptions about him." 

This isn't about you. You don't necessarily know better. You DEFINITELY aren't privy to all the information and expertise that they have access to. 

You say you want a championship, but then you also say what you really want is for the Bills to try to win that championship in a way that you agree with up front, as though failure under those circumstances is somehow more palatable. Because YOU agreed with the approach. 

Get over yourself. Have some intellectual humility.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

Well why should they when they have suckers for fans that will gladly eat a pile of poo like it’s a plate of the finest Italian risotto. Must be nice to be an owner that knows cash flow will always be their because of dopey fans that accept anything short of a super bowl victory. 

No a pile of dog Pooh would be a team that doesn’t make the playoffs every year finishes 7 and 9 is never in the mix for the prime draft picks, but never make the playoffs

We’ve had that team before

The funny part is, I know you know this you were posting this dog ***** on the Buffalo Bills main message board back whenever we were going 7 and 9 literally the same rhetoric

This team has won their division several years in a row, and I’ve been in a position to get to the Super Bowl several years in a row

they just came off of 13 and three season

It is a winning franchise

Being the owner of an NFL franchise is the easiest business ever. Imagine being in charge of a product that sells no matter how great it is. 

Go buy one

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Richard Noggin said:

The bolded shows your whole arse. Beane's job is not to show YOU that he agrees with YOUR roster-building strategy, and therefore "dramatically shift [your] perceptions about him." 

This isn't about you. You don't necessarily know better. You DEFINITELY aren't privy to all the information and expertise that they have access to. 

You say you want a championship, but then you also say what you really want is for the Bills to try to win that championship in a way that you agree with up front, as though failure under those circumstances is somehow more palatable. Because YOU agreed with the approach. 

Get over yourself. Have some intellectual humility.

I’m fine with letting Beane do things his way, but so far his way hasn’t gotten us anywhere. How long do we wait? 2 more years? 5 more years? When does his strategic methods become accepted as a failure? 

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

No a pile of dog Pooh would be a team that doesn’t make the playoffs every year finishes 7 and 9 is never in the mix for the prime draft picks, but never make the playoffs

We’ve had that team before

The funny part is, I know you know this you were posting this dog ***** on the Buffalo Bills main message board back whenever we were going 7 and 9 literally the same rhetoric

This team has won their division several years in a row, and I’ve been in a position to get to the Super Bowl several years in a row

they just came off of 13 and three season

It is a winning franchise

Go buy one

For me a 7-9 team is the same thing as a 14-3 team that didn’t win a super bowl. See that’s where our ideological differences are. You accept 2nd and 3rd place as an accomplishment. If you want to be a fan of playoffs, then I can’t stop you. 

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 2

17 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

That’s not what I want, I just don’t want AZ to get mad with us and then decide they don’t want to deal with us or give him to another team. They ultimately control where Hopkins goes. We need Hopkins, we desperately need another offensive weapon to compete against KC/Cinci. Negotiating over picks or salary eating is stupid. I’m not saying to give whatever they want, but it sounds like what AZ is asking for isn’t totally outrageous. It just sounds like Beane is trying to nickel and dime when this situation doesn’t call for that. It’s his job to upgrade and just get on with it, even if that means compromising more than what he thinks is “fair” . 

If the last bit of info being sent out is any indication - there is NO team in the NFL willing to meet Arizona's demands AND pay for Hopkins' deal. So you may think it isn't outrageous. But apparently, every single team in the league does. 

It's clear you don't care what it takes. You've said you'd give up a 1st Rounder and add 3 dummy years to the deal which will have us paying millions long after he's off the team. But Beane and the entire league doesn't agree with that. Or else a deal would already be done.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

If the last bit of info being sent out is any indication - there is NO team in the NFL willing to meet Arizona's demands AND pay for Hopkins' deal. So you may think it isn't outrageous. But apparently, every single team in the league does. 

It's clear you don't care what it takes. You've said you'd give up a 1st Rounder and add 3 dummy years to the deal which will have us paying millions long after he's off the team. But Beane and the entire league doesn't agree with that. Or else a deal would already be done.

No Bills fan is going to care about paying off Hopkins salary even after he’s gone if it means we win a super bowl this year. Nobody. 

• Eyeroll 4

13 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m fine with letting Beane do things his way, but so far his way hasn’t gotten us anywhere. How long do we wait? 2 more years? 5 more years? When does his strategic methods become accepted as a failure? 

For me a 7-9 team is the same thing as a 14-3 team that didn’t win a super bowl. See that’s where our ideological differences are. You accept 2nd and 3rd place as an accomplishment. If you want to be a fan of playoffs, then I can’t stop you. 

What a terrible perspective.  You sound like a miserable person.  

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

That’s not what I want, I just don’t want AZ to get mad with us and then decide they don’t want to deal with us or give him to another team. They ultimately control where Hopkins goes. We need Hopkins, we desperately need another offensive weapon to compete against KC/Cinci. Negotiating over picks or salary eating is stupid. I’m not saying to give whatever they want, but it sounds like what AZ is asking for isn’t totally outrageous. It just sounds like Beane is trying to nickel and dime when this situation doesn’t call for that. It’s his job to upgrade and just get on with it, even if that means compromising more than what he thinks is “fair” . 

Actually, you WERE saying give them anything they want earlier in this very thread, since the Bills couldn’t afford letting him go to the Chiefs. The Chiefs are out on DHop. And now you are claiming “it sounds like” Arizona isn’t asking for anything unreasonable. Based on what, exactly? 

dude you’re not an expert. You’re not particularly insightful on anything football related. You’re a fanboy who was right about Breece Hall and now you think you’re a GM? Please homie for 40 pages of this thread you’ve been embarrassing yourself. 

i get it, you’re on a bender and this DHop idea seems obvious in your drunken mind, but give it a rest. See how it plays out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

What a terrible perspective.  You sound like a miserable person.  

What is miserable about want to win a super bowl, and accepting anything less as failure? The whole point of playing NFL football is to win a super bowl, that goes for any competition. I guess it means being miserable if you don’t recognize participation trophies. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

No Bills fan is going to care about paying off Hopkins salary even after he’s gone if it means we win a super bowl this year. Nobody. 

We will if it means we're costing ourselves players we can't afford to re-sign for a guy who hasn't been on the team in 3 years. 

And you might not care. But that doesn't matter. If that report that no team in the league is willing to pill the trigger, that means the demand from Arizona is by definition currently totally outrageous.

As is this idea that DHop automatically equates to a Super Bowl win. It's not that simple.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

This is my major fear. Something like that would be the last straw for me. I could never support Beane again if that were to happen. 

It's one thing if he doesn't wanna give up something substantial like a first or 2nd round pick. But if he is trying to offer up a 5th or 6th and all it will take is a 4th. And he doesn't do it. That would be inexcusable in my opinion 

5 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Actually, you WERE saying give them anything they want earlier in this very thread, since the Bills couldn’t afford letting him go to the Chiefs. The Chiefs are out on DHop. And now you are claiming “it sounds like” Arizona isn’t asking for anything unreasonable. Based on what, exactly? 

dude you’re not an expert. You’re not particularly insightful on anything football related. You’re a fanboy who was right about Breece Hall and now you think you’re a GM? Please homie for 40 pages of this thread you’ve been embarrassing yourself. 

i get it, you’re on a bender and this DHop idea seems obvious in your drunken mind, but give it a rest. See how it plays out.

My main point was doing what it takes to land Hopkins or at the very least doing everything it takes to keep him out of KC. Yes, if KC was indeed willing to give a 3rd and eat salary, then yes we should offer a 2nd. It doesn’t sound like it would take that much, so no I wouldn’t support just giving then anything for the sake of anything. I just want to give them what it takes to land Hopkins. There are no other WRs out there that are reasonably had other than Hopkins. So it would be a big failure not being about to land him. 

26 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

That in a nutshell explains you and your problem

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

It's one thing if he doesn't wanna give up something substantial like a first or 2nd round pick. But if he is trying to offer up a 5th or 6th and all it will take is a 4th. And he doesn't do it. That would be inexcusable in my opinion 

I'm almost sure it's not the picks, it's the money. Arizona is only doing this as a salary dump. I don't think Beane wants to take on the full cap hits for 23 and 24 or even can even if he wanted to. And I don't think he's interested in paying millions for 3 years after his contract is over.

3 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

And the whole point of your BS is following your ideas will win the Bills a SB. Which they most certainly might not. 

But at what point are you willing to give Beane to see if his ideas will win the Bills a SB? What harm is there to bringing Hopkins on board, isn’t this the time to make risky moves when you are like one major piece a way from winning a super bowl? We proved that we couldn’t outscore Cinci. They lost no major offensive weapon this offseason, so we need to do something on offense that will give us a a competitive advantage. I can’t think of any other reasonable scenario better than trading for Hopkins. Can you think of anything better at the moment? 

I'm almost sure it's not the picks, it's the money. Arizona is only doing this as a salary dump. I don't think Beane wants to take on the full cap hits for 23 and 24 or even can even if he wanted to. And I don't think he's interested in paying millions for 3 years after his contract is over.

Imagine the outrage that Brandon Beane would take if we made that trade as being described where we’re carrying millions of Hit after the player is no longer on the team and we didn’t win the Super Bowl

Fans would crucify him

• Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

But at what point are you willing to give Beane to see if his ideas will win the Bills a SB? What harm is there to bringing Hopkins on board, isn’t this the time to make risky moves when you are like one major piece a way from winning a super bowl? We proved that we couldn’t outscore Cinci. They lost no major offensive weapon this offseason, so we need to do something on offense that will give us a a competitive advantage. I can’t think of any other reasonable scenario better than trading for Hopkins. Can you think of anything better at the moment? 

The harm is that as much as you'd like to think trading for Hopkins means we're automatically handed a Lombardi, that's no guarantee. We'll have him for 2 years and be paying him for 5.

And if it doesn't work, we've screwed ourselves further on the cap for 3 more seasons where we'll have to lose players we can't afford to keep.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Imagine the outrage that Brandon Beane would take if we made that trade as being described where we’re carrying millions of Hit after the player is no longer on the team and we didn’t win the Super Bowl

Fans would crucify him

As opposed to crucifying him for not winning the super bowl while sitting on his hands running it back? You can’t win without risk, he’s on the hot seat no matter what, so you might as go down swinging, and now is the time you  throw those haymakers. 

The harm is that as much as you'd like to think trading for Hopkins means we're automatically handed a Lombardi, that's no guarantee. We'll have him for 2 years and be paying him for 5.

And if it doesn't work, we've screwed ourselves further on the cap for 3 more seasons where we'll have to lose players we can't afford to keep.

As opposed to running it back and hoping the draft picks are enough to push us over the edge? What if we draft for 2 more years and we still haven’t won a super bowl? At some point you have to take a big swing. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

As opposed to running it back and hoping the draft picks are enough to push us over the edge? What if we draft for 2 more years and we still haven’t won a super bowl? At some point you have to take a big swing. 

You mean like going out and getting Von Miller just last season on a 6 year 120 million dollar deal? Or trading for Stefon Diggs? He has made big swings. He also had to give Josh Allen a huge contract. We cannot afford to do big swings every single year. We can't afford to constantly push the cap credit further and further down the road.

I hope this happens. I really do. I hope there's a way it can work. But if Beane determines he can't, and apparently right now EVERY single team in the league feels the same, then we can't. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

THIS

Itʻs not about the trade compensation but the contract portion... "if it ainʻt about the money Puffy just donʻt care"

Puffy = Beane

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

You mean like going out and getting Von Miller just last season on a 6 year 120 million dollar deal? Or trading for Stefon Diggs? He has made big swings. He also had to give Josh Allen a huge contract. We cannot afford to do big swings every single year. We can't afford to constantly push the cap credit further and further down the road.

I hope this happens. I really do. I hope there's a way it can work. But if Beane determines he can't, and apparently right now EVERY single team in the league feels the same, then we can't. 

Von Miller wasn’t really a super bowl swinging trade, it was getting us to a point where we could reliably stop opponents enough to outscore. You must forget we had an elite DE during the super bowl years, and it by itself wasn’t enough to win a super bowl. You need power house offensive players to win a super bowl. Cinci, KC, Philly, and SF have all proved that. SF went out and got CMC to go along with Kittle and Deebo. Philly has 2 great WR, and Cinci has 3 great WRs. We have only 1. 

We aren’t going anywhere without getting another big time offensive weapons like all the other teams do. It’s why we got spanked and embarrassed by Cincinnati. 

2 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

THIS

Itʻs not about the trade compensation but the contract portion... "if it ainʻt about the money Puffy just donʻt care"

Puffy = Beane

So what is Beane’s plan then? Go get a 1B WR in the draft? That almost likely means taking a WR at #27. What WR in the draft is comparable to Hopkins, and are we going to see immediate impacts on offense from the #27 WR more so than we would get with Hopkins? At some point Beane has to just make it happen, he has to go down swinging rather than walking it back. Walking it back is unacceptable. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Von Miller wasn’t really a super bowl swinging trade, it was getting us to a point where we could reliably stop opponents enough to outscore. You must forget we had an elite DE during the super bowl years, and it by itself wasn’t enough to win a super bowl. You need power house offensive players to win a super bowl. Cinci, KC, Philly, and SF have all proved that. SF went out and got CMC to go along with Kittle and Deebo. Philly has 2 great WR, and Cinci has 3 great WRs. We have only 1. 

We aren’t going anywhere without getting another big time offensive weapons like all the other teams do. It’s why we got spanked and embarrassed by Cincinnati. 

Even if that's true, which I think many would argue isn't - after all Von and Donald pretty much were the reason LA won the Super Bowl the year before we signed him, that doesn't change the fact that the move was made. That massive contracts have been doled out to him, Josh, and Diggs (as well as Tre, Milano, Dion, and others).

And now we're in a position where we may not be able to swing it. Simple as that. If Beane determines he can't do it financially, it is what it is. You can whine about it all you want. You can say "f the future". You're not the GM.

And again, if it's really as big of a no brainer and as simple as you want to make it - some team would have traded for him by now. And the last thing we heard is NO team in the entire league is currently willing to. That says all I need to know.

If it can happen, it will happen. If it doesn't happen, it couldn't. Regardless of how you want to spin it.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

25 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

My main point was doing what it takes to land Hopkins or at the very least doing everything it takes to keep him out of KC. Yes, if KC was indeed willing to give a 3rd and eat salary, then yes we should offer a 2nd. It doesn’t sound like it would take that much, so no I wouldn’t support just giving then anything for the sake of anything. I just want to give them what it takes to land Hopkins. There are no other WRs out there that are reasonably had other than Hopkins. So it would be a big failure not being about to land him. 

”it doesn’t sound like it would take that much”

You have no idea. And yet, you assert Beane should be fired on the spot if the deal doesn’t get done. Who’s delusional here? I mean, you are one of many in this thread that said amongst other reasons, you gotta do it to keep Hop off the Chiefs. Well, the Chiefs ain’t in on Hop. Doesn’t appear they ever were at this stage. So tell me another tale, drunk man. Incorporate the newest unfounded twitter rumors if you can.

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Haha (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

"We proved that we couldn't outscore Cincy"? 

No. They didn't prove that at all.

We proved that we couldn't outscore Cincy on a day when the whole team, including Josh Allen, played their absolute worst.

We scored 10 points. Ten points. That wasn't because the roster wasn't good enough. They had a crappy day.

We didn't have another game all year under 17 points, and the only two other games under 24 points were division opponents who know us really well, the first Jets game and the Miami game when it was 126 degrees on the field.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

So what is Beane’s plan then? Go get a 1B WR in the draft? That almost likely means taking a WR at #27. What WR in the draft is comparable to Hopkins, and are we going to see immediate impacts on offense from the #27 WR more so than we would get with Hopkins? At some point Beane has to just make it happen, he has to go down swinging rather than walking it back. Walking it back is unacceptable. 

Again, you're speaking in absolutes in situations you don't know about. Who's to say Quentin Johnson, Jordan Addison, or JSN won't hit the ground running like Justin Jefferson did? No one expected Jefferson to be a stud and especially not that quickly, but it happened. How do you know a 1st Round Pick won't be able to put up the numbers Hopkins can at this point in his career?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

As opposed to crucifying him for not winning the super bowl while sitting on his hands running it back? You can’t win without risk, he’s on the hot seat no matter what, so you might as go down swinging, and now is the time you  throw those haymakers. 

Brandon Beane is on the hot seat?

Good lord, dude. No, he's not. Yeah, he's under some pressure, as is every NFL GM. On the hot seat? Only in your mind.

And no, you don't "have to" take the kind of big swing that will seriously handicap your ability to handle things in future years. They took their big swing last year with Von Miller. 

Clearly you define "sitting on his hands," as not doing exactly what some guy on the internet named IronMaidenBills demands you do. Here's a hint, though: nobody else defines "sitting on his hands" that way. He's not sitting on his hands. He's just not doing what you want him to do.

Some fans want to take a big swing every year. That's not something you have to do, especially if your team is good enough to seriously compete right now. And this team is. It's not a mistake that Vegas has us as in the top two to win the AFC and the top three to win the SB.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Thank you (+1) 7

7 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

We proved that we couldn't outscore Cincy on a day when the whole team, including Josh Allen, played their absolute worst.

We scored 10 points. Ten points. That wasn't because the roster wasn't good enough. They had a crappy day.

We didn't have another game all year under 17 points, and the only two other games under 24 points were division opponents who know us really well, the first Jets game and the Miami game when it was 126 degrees on the field.

I’m done making excuses for this team. No more crappy this or crappy that. Show me the baby. They got embarrassed by Cinci, and until we beat them and make it to the super bowl, I refuse to believe otherwise. 

Just now, Thurman#1 said:

Brandon Beane is on the hot seat?

Good lord, dude. No, he's not. Yeah, he's under some pressure, as is every NFL GM. On the hot seat? Only in your mind.

And no, you don't "have to" take the kind of big swing that will seriously handicap your ability to handle things in future years. They took their big swing last year with Von Miller. 

Some fans want to take a big swing every year. That's not something you have to do, especially if your team is good enough to seriously compete right now. And this team is. It's not a mistake that Vegas has us as in the top two to win the AFC and the top three to win the SB.

So what excuse will be this year when Beane fails to win a super bowl? Or the next year when he doesn’t win a super bowl. How long does Beane have to fail before you put him in the hot seat? 

• Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

thank you. Like seriously? They had a bad game against the Bengals. Yes. Is that now all of a sudden a trend? Apparently for some. But those guys called Breece Hall being a stud (off a whopping 80 carries of work in the NFL), so they’re obviously right 🙃

30 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m done making excuses for this team. No more crappy this or crappy that. Show me the baby. They got embarrassed by Cinci, and until we beat them and make it to the super bowl, I refuse to believe otherwise. 

So what excuse will be this year when Beane fails to win a super bowl? Or the next year when he doesn’t win a super bowl. How long does Beane have to fail before you put him in the hot seat? 

Wait, IronMaidenBills is done with making excuses for this team? Wow, call the media.

Oh, not only that, but IronMaidenBills refuses to believe otherwise? Holy Moses, alert Schefty.

Nobody but you cares what you think. We care what the Bills should do. And as of right now, they should look at your recommendations and run the other way.

And your final question there is weak weak sauce. You ask what will their excuse be when Beane fails to win the Super Bowl. That's just stupid. It's just as weak as someone asking you what your excuse will be when we win a Super Bowl.

How long does Beane have to fail before I put him in the hot seat? Another stupid question. I don't put him in the hot seat. Nor do you. And so far he hasn't failed. He and McDermott took a team that had missed out on the playoffs for an eon and got them in five out of six years. A team that had crested at mediocre for nearly two decades and they've been competitive for a Super Bowl for three consecutive years. That's not failure. Disappointing? Yeah. Failure? No. It's just not.

There may come a point. If it happens, it's likely to be quite a while, barring some huge collapse of some kind.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I guarantee you that Brandon is not on the hot seat as much as you want them to be

His last season was 13 and three the team is extremely successful. The owners are probably quite happy with him, regardless of whether you want it or not.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

THIS

Puffy = Beane

Yes, if AZ doesn't budge at all, they're going to be stuck with an unhappy WR. No one is taking the full brunt of that hit for them, even if you give DHop away.

And Iron Maiden, you're going to be on an island if you blame Beane for that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm at the point I'm excited regardless whether we get him or not.

If we get him... yay!!!

If we don't... trade for Jeudy???

trade for Hunter Renfrow????

Trade up for JSN???

WR in the 1st????

It's obvious Beane is still trying to upgrade the WR room...

That's exciting, isn't it?

Kind of where I’m at. At least it shows that OBD feels they need to upgrade the WR position and don’t want to stand where they are. There is hope they will upgrade it more than they have already this off-season. 

5 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Well they should care what I think, because I’m the one giving them money for putting a “winning” product on the field. I’m paying them to win a super bowl, that’s it. If they can’t bring one in under Allen, then I’m likely done being a fan and giving them my money. If you guys want to be a fan of mediocrity, have fun with that. 

I lurked during the drought years, I refused to give Ralph money for being mediocre. Then the Pegula’s came along and I thought things have changed for the better, then we got Allen and I’ve been supportive ever since. My ultimatum with the Pegulas is a super bowl under Allen’s tenure. If they fail, I will be going back to lurking and not a paying fan until changes are made. 

If the Pegulas lurk on here… this is going to be a really tough decision for them to make. 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

LOL imagine getting mad at fans that want to win Super Bowls. Running it back is not a recipe for winning a super bowl when we proved the roster wasn’t good enough to beat Cinci when it mattered. We have to continue getting better, and so far no moves have been made that shows me we’ve upgraded past KC/Cinci. 

Hopkins is a defacto upgrade, and it proves to me we are trying to get better. As a fan, that’s all I can ask for, moves that show me you are trying to get better. 

I’m no more mad at you than I’d be at the kid screaming for the Lucky Charms.  I just pointed out the striking parallels.   Lucky Charms are a de facto upgrade to Corn Flakes and their purchase proves Mommy really loves little Sally.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Well they should care what I think, because I’m the one giving them money for putting a “winning” product on the field. I’m paying them to win a super bowl, that’s it. If they can’t bring one in under Allen, then I’m likely done being a fan and giving them my money. If you guys want to be a fan of mediocrity, have fun with that. 

I lurked during the drought years, I refused to give Ralph money for being mediocre. Then the Pegula’s came along and I thought things have changed for the better, then we got Allen and I’ve been supportive ever since. My ultimatum with the Pegulas is a super bowl under Allen’s tenure. If they fail, I will be going back to lurking and not a paying fan until changes are made. 

you wont be missed, trust me. go back to lurking now and do the board a favor by eliminating your presence altogether.

• Thank you (+1) 4

Allen / diggs / von combined cap hit for 2023 is $40 mil

Allen / diggs / von combined cap hit for 2024 is $100 mil

this is pretty strong evidence that beane is going for it now

bills are currently right up against the salary cap and have already mortgaged part of our future years

we currently have somewhere in the range of  $5-10 mil in avail cap space 

that forces beane to make several small incremental upgrades with proven veterans on short term (1 yr) low salary ($2mil) deals

when a superstar high cap player like hopkins is added....it likely means something might need to exit...like say an ed oliver

so i reject the notion the bills aren't going for it.....any more going for it would be reckless

would i take the rams model of winning the super bowl then totally blowing it up a couple years later....hell yea, but there is no guarantee..... how painful is it now to be a rams fan in 2023

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2