NFL Week #18 - Patriots* @ Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

I'm of the mindest that Davis is a jag playing with a stud qb.  That KC game seems eons ago.  More disappointing is the D line  Bills expended a lot o draft f capital and dress a host of them to get the little results they get most weeks .  Hoping some other guys continue to get opportunities  John Brown can still get behind a defense and Cook seems like a offensive explosion waiting to happen.  If the Bills stop shooting themselves in the foot with turnovers/bonehead mistakes I think they can beat any team  Would like to see Frazier employ more stunts/twists on obvious pass downs  Its clear the Bills lack D linemen than can win consistently.  On to a threematch with the Fish

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Simon said:

It was a LB and there is no rule saying he has to look back for the ball; he was playing the receivers hands, which is legal if you're not too early.

Agree.

It was dumb to throw it into triple coverage.

Jones did that twice, so of course it looks like a mess of hands and bodies going for the breakup or the ball.

2 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Not a penalty when QB is in pocket. 

I think the opposite is true. It’s a penalty when the QB is in the pocket.

Edit: My bad, thought you were talking about the missed low tackle on JA

Edited by Hsker4life

1 minute ago, balln said:

Really ?!!?! Why- my dad was saying something like I bet you can horse collar in pocket. That makes no sense….

Idk but that's the way the rule is written 

1 minute ago, Hsker4life said:

I think the opposite is true. It’s a penalty when the QB is in the pocket.

Look up the rule

https://twitter.com/GeneSteratore/status/1175827623064285184?s=20&t=jkraOHfUs2O6ox4QB06VMw

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BRH said:

There was a play where Mac slid and got hit by two Bills.  No flag.  Mac got up and said something to the ref as he walked past.  He knows his reputation isn’t doing him any favors. 

I thought he slid late and both guys laid off him even though they made some contact.

I was more worried about a flag flying at Taron Johnson for going high when he stuck a defenseless receiver :ph34r:

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Why can't Smoke play slot? 

In our current circumstances, Smoke needs to be our #2, and Davis our 2b/3, with Beasley, McKenzie, and Shakir doing slot/breather duty for our main guys, jmo…, 

GO BILLS!!!

I think the officials were caught up in the emotion of the game, honestly.  It wasn’t a normal 1 pm Sunday game, that’s for sure.  

The facemask in 1Q and especially the hit below the knees on the INT were infuriating.  I’m fairly confident the league will point those out - the Bills certainly will - and next week we may see it affect how the game is called.  At least I hope so. 

3 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Agree.

It was dumb to throw it into triple coverage.

Jones did that twice, so of course it looks like a mess of hands and bodies going for the breakup or the ball.

Huh? It was 1 on 1 and was actually under thrown if the LB turned and looked he picks it.. lol

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

I thought he slid late and both guys laid off him even though they made some contact.

I was more worried about a flag flying at Taron Johnson for going high when he stuck a defenseless receiver :ph34r:

Same. He was smacking people today. I guess he took getting manhandled last week personally. Because he wasn't getting pushed around today

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

That is not correct. See paragraph e. in the attached:

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-video-rulebook/roughing-the-passer/

Try again. Horse collar is not a penalty when the QB is in the pocket. 

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-video-rulebook/horse-collar/

Link

1 minute ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Same. He was smacking people today. I guess he took getting manhandled last week personally. Because he wasn't getting pushed around today

That is an excellent take.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Not at the table Karlos said:

Try again. Horse collar is not a penalty when the QB is in the pocket. 

I wasn’t referring to a horse collar. I was referring to hitting the knees which was mentioned in the post you corrected. Perhaps you can try again.

3 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

He was in for a few plays after. His only run was a 1 yard loss.

Curiously he averaged more yards per carry than Cook from what I saw on Bills.com, 

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I wasn’t referring to a horse collar. I was referring to hitting the knees which was mentioned in the post you corrected. Perhaps you can try again.

So why are you trying to correct me talking about the horse collar by saying its illegal to hit below the knees?  So I say again. Try again lol. 

Edit. If you look at the bolded which is what I was correcting you would see horse collar..  

15 minutes ago, K-9 said:

FFS, did he make some plays or not? Which is all I said. Period. If being honest about a few plays sounds to you like I’m saying he’s a first ballot HOFer, you are sadly mistaken. Impacted by Romo? LMFAO! 

We just have a different standard for your characterization of played well, maybe by "Jones standard" he played well, otherwise not so much.

1 minute ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

We just have a different standard for your characterization of played well, maybe by "Jones standard" he played well, otherwise not so much.

He was making good decisions, was on time and was extremely accurate for the majority of the game.

He played well by anybody's standard until they got two scores down and he started forcing things.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

One thing about the Bills win, like so many games this season; they didnt look good the whole game. But the Bills never stop, they just keep going, keep playing and keep scoring.   So what seems like a close game... in the end is a 2 score win.    That’s what good teams do.  They understand its a 60 minute game, not just a 1 quarter game.    

I love this team.

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, Not at the table Karlos said:

So why are you trying to correct me talking about the horse collar by saying its illegal to hit below the knees? 

FFS, BOTH a horse collar and hitting the knees were mentioned in the post you responded to and I thought you were including a hit at the knees as ALSO being legal if the QB is in the pocket. You are absolutely 100% correct about the horse collar in the pocket. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Simon said:

He was making good decisions, was on time and was extremely accurate for the majority of the game.

He played well by anybody's standard until they got two scores down and he started forcing things.

Look I'm not looking to get into it, but the standard of playing well for an NFL QB is pretty high 

3 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Played well AT TIMES! Is that better? Does that satisfy the arbitrary “played well” standard? Gimme a f***king break.

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

Not sure why it’s so hard for some to admit that. Especially if they’ve ever played competitive sports. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The refs called a 15 yard penalty today for supposedly cutting and engaged player whenever the ol didn’t even touch him

The bill still Dug their way out on that serious but that doesn’t change the fact that they called it

He did touch him, but literally just placed his hand on his shoulder pad as he went down from the chop block. If the rule says he has to engage him then it was an awful call. Regardless definitely not a call that reflected the spirit of the rule. 

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

60 yrds into a shoebox on 3rd and long knowing he's about to get hit. 

#17 is a problem.

No lie, as soon as they widened the shot and you could see the play was there to be made, I yelled that I was glad that wasn’t Gabe Davis on the go route. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.