NFL Week #18 - Around the NFL Saturday edition

BuffaloBill

1 hour ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Bills aren't winning 3 playoff games to get to the SB.  This game just slammed the door shut on the Bills SB dreams for this year.  Not because we can't beat KC, but because the road is too long.

Season over.

Franchise over.

City over.

Region over.

• Disagree 1

25 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

The Chargers certainly don't be intimidated by the Chiefs. I can see them beating them if they don't choke. 

ehh, a couple squinty eyed “amazing” Mahomes underhand TD tosses from the 1-yd line to a “college-open” receiver and they’ll be running for the busses.

1 minute ago, AlfaBill said:

What a load of crap.  Every team will have the same challenges. If you don’t think the bills are good enough ok. That’s fine. But that they can’t win 3 as opposed 2 is just stupid. 

A bye week is huge.  You skip the wildcard.  Win 1 game against the lowest seed to get to the AFCC.  The Bills will get the 7 in the wild card and them likely cincy.  Same chall3nges for all teams my ass.

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Season over.

Franchise over.

City over.

Region over.

Doesn't affect me lol, I live in Rochester.

13 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Yep.  All playoff teams too.

No, but Miami, New England, and Detroit are still alive in the playoff picture, and that was 3 out of 4 games (with a win vs. the Jets sandwiched in between).

And earlier in the year they beat Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Kansas City consecutively. (Bal and KC are in the playoffs and Steelers could still make it).

No question, if we have to play both the Bengals and Chiefs, it will be a hard road...but this team is battle-tested and motivated...and I still believe they are the most well-rounded team in the AFC. Our secondary is depleted, no doubt, but there are many ways to win games. Josh Allen 1st and foremost, the run game and short yardage pass game (play keep away from the excellent passing teams), the defensive line being majorly disruptive, etc. I'm not automatically conceding anything to the Chiefs or Bengals. They won't be easy games, by any means, but we are still good enough to beat both of those teams.

Just now, folz said:

No, but Miami, New England, and Detroit are still alive in the playoff picture, and that was 3 out of 4 games (with a win vs. the Jets sandwiched in between).

And earlier in the year they beat Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Kansas City consecutively. (Bal and KC are in the playoffs and Steelers could still make it).

No question, if we have to play both the Bengals and Chiefs, it will be a hard road...but this team is battle-tested and motivated...and I still believe they are the most well-rounded team in the AFC. Our secondary is depleted, no doubt, but there are many ways to win games. Josh Allen 1st and foremost, the run game and short yardage pass game (play keep away from the excellent passing teams), the defensive line being majorly disruptive, etc. I'm not automatically conceding anything to the Chiefs or Bengals. They won't be easy games, by any means, but we are still good enough to beat both of those teams.

I would argue Cincy is the most balanced.  We don't have much in the passing game lately outside Diggs.  Our O line's pass blocking is a liability.  And Allen's health is a concern (elbow for a while and now his ankle).  A bye would have been so key for some more rest.  This season has been one of utter attrition.  Losing the 1 seed this way sucks.  Even the Bills know how important it is considering they talked about it all off season.  People who are poo pooing it (not saying you are) are just sugar coating things and lying to themselves.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I would argue Cincy is the most balanced.  We don't have much in the passing game lately outside Diggs.  Our O line's pass blocking is a liability.  And Allen's health is a concern (elbow for a while and now his ankle).  A bye would have been so key for some more rest.  This season has been one of utter attrition.  Losing the 1 seed this way sucks.  Even the Bills know how important it is considering they talked about it all off season.  People who are poo pooing it (not saying you are) are just sugar coating things and lying to themselves.

the consolation is, if we win tomorrow we won’t play a road game in the playoffs

• Like (+1) 1

Laura Rutledge just asked an absurd question regarding Damar addressed to Mahomes to the effect "How does it feel to be playing for him.?  No one on that field was playing for Damar.  Yes they honored him with shirts they wore pregame and some coaches on the sidelines during the game...but no one was playing that game for him.  Yes acknowledge that all NFL players were affected by what happened from a visceral standpoint...and they were all praying for him.  But those Chiefs were playing for themselves and the number one seed...which is what you would expect.    

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

Laura Rutledge just asked an absurd question regarding Damar addressed to Mahomes to the effect "How does it feel to be playing for him.?  No one on that field was playing for Damar.  Yes they honored him with shirts they wore pregame and some coaches on the sidelines during the game...but no one was playing that game for him.  Yes acknowledge that all NFL players were affected by what happened from a visceral standpoint...and they were all praying for him.  But those Chiefs were playing for themselves and the number one seed...which is what you would expect.    

I missed it.  Did she say playing for him or praying for him?

18 minutes ago, QCity said:

For the first time this season the Bills are no longer the favorite to win it all.

Kansas City Chiefs +340

Buffalo Bills +440

Philadelphia Eagles +550

San Francisco 49ers +550

Cincinnati Bengals +750

Chiefs passed them for a couple weeks mid season. But yea it's because chiefs have the one seed. It's a big advantage. If bills got it they would be big favorites.

• Agree 1

Excited for the game tomorrow and then what is beyond.

So silly for everyone to have thought this four win run was easy:

@Cin (trailing 7-3), NE, bye, LAC/JAX, KC

but it would be impossible to four or three game

NE, Mia, Cin, KC (neutral)

Bal, @Cin, KC (neutral)

What am I missing?

plus, don’t be surprised if the LAC make it a home game and eliminate KC anyway. 

Go Bills

4 minutes ago, zow2 said:

If Jacksonville was a human, it would look like that guitar guy, Paul Wane.

Yeah, I’d agree. Went to the Bills game there last year and it was pretty much a pit. The fans were awful and the stadium is a total dump. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

ehh, a couple squinty eyed “amazing” Mahomes underhand TD tosses from the 1-yd line to a “college-open” receiver and they’ll be running for the busses.

I can't believe how anyone could say this after what happened in 13 seconds. 

11 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yeah, I’d agree. Went to the Bills game there last year and it was pretty much a pit. The fans were awful and the stadium is a total dump. 

The mascot coming down on a zip line was kind of cool.  

The fans were about 60-70% Bills.  

I don’t miss sitting in traffic for hours.. meandering around random neighborhoods trying to leave the stadium after the L. 

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

I'd rather we play small ball and run the ball down other teams throats. Keeping the defense fresh.

I get that and the Bills running game seems more dangerous than ever. Just seems a bit strange saying this from a Bills offense that has relied on big explosive plays in the past. Also, I think the Patriots would love for the Bills to deploy this strategy. It keeps them in the game longer and their defense is dangerous. 

I'm hoping the Bills open things up and go up by 3 scores early. No way the Pats offense can come back from that deficit.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.