NFL Week #18 - Around the NFL Saturday edition

BuffaloBill

3 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

I agree as there will always be a heavy asterisk on this season in the absence of these losses.  I think there is no avoiding the “light” asterisk that will always be there.  Bless the Bengals fans and organization as they have shown nothing but class but honestly I think from a football perspective they got screwed.

I can live quite comfortably with an asterisk.  Water off a duck’s back.  

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Along the same lines, is it possible the Chiefs will be psychologically distracted or somehow off their game thinking that they don't want to get the #1 seed in this manner?  I doubt it, but what the heck!  I'll hope so at least until the game is over.

Is this comment meant to be sarcastic? You get the 1 seed however possible. If I’m the Chiefs I’m not apologizing for getting the 1 seed this way, I’m fact I’m laughing about it all the way into the playoffs. 

Asterisks,  teams apparently not wanting the 1 seed, complaining about neutral field games….what is going on around here?!?!

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

I'm just going to point this out again, in regards to your horseshoe comment. The Chiefs will complete a 17 week regular season without ever having to play in adverse weather. Not a rain drop. Not a snow flake. Not a win gust over 15MPH. And this is a team that plays outside in a cold-weather city that gets frequent thunderstorms.

Have you ever been to Kansas city, lol? The wind here gusts 15mph 1 out of every 2 days. 

since Josh Allen arrived, kc has 50 wins, buffalo 40.  I wouldnt get too carried away.

• Eyeroll 1

Date Op Prec Temp Wind
9/15 LAC None 79 10mph
10/2 @TPA None 75 7mph
10/10 LVR None 73 4mph
10/16 BUF None 57 12.3mph
10/23 @SF None 66 6.7mph
11/6 TEN None 55 6.3mph
11/23 JAX None 36 6.7mph
12/4 @CIN None 37 5.4mph
12/11 @DEN None 63 10.3mph
12/24 SEA None 16 10.1mph
1/1 DEN None 55 5.1mph

Because I'm getting attacked by a smug Chiefs fan on a BIlls board, I thought that I would look up the weather for all the Chiefs outdoor games this year. That is what luck looks like.

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:
Date Op Prec Temp Wind
9/15 LAC None 79 10mph
10/2 @TPA None 75 7mph
10/10 LVR None 73 4mph
10/16 BUF None 57 12.3mph
10/23 @SF None 66 6.7mph
11/6 TEN None 55 6.3mph
11/23 JAX None 36 6.7mph
12/4 @CIN None 37 5.4mph
12/11 @DEN None 63 10.3mph
12/24 SEA None 16 10.1mph
1/1 DEN None 55 5.1mph

Because I'm getting attacked by a smug Chiefs fan on a BIlls board, I thought that I would look up the weather for all the Chiefs outdoor games this year. That is what luck looks like.

Hey now it's been below freezing that one time.

4 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Definitely thought this was a 10am (1pm) kickoff. I’m currently watching a marathon of Diners Drive In and Dives for … checks watch … the next two and a half hours. 

I'm watching Seinfeld.  George's fiancé just died from cheap glue on the wedding invitations.

• Haha (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Definitely thought this was a 10am (1pm) kickoff. I’m currently watching a marathon of Diners Drive In and Dives for … checks watch … the next two and a half hours. 

Man, speaking as someone with a three year old and a ten week old, the idea of watching that show uninterrupted for two and a half hours sounds like utter bliss. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

Man, speaking as someone with a three year old and a ten week old, the idea of watching that show uninterrupted for two and a half hours sounds like utter bliss. 

We just got a new Dog. He’s a rescue “beagle” (we’re pretty sure he’s beagle basset mix :) ) He’s awesome, his name is Doug, but since we were used to our 15 year old dog who moved about four times a day, getting used to this puppy-esque energy. 

That said, I don’t think you can put your ten week old in the backyard when they get fussy. But I’m no parenting expert. 

Kidding aside, congrats on the newest Bills fan and hope you get some sleep soon. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, stevestojan said:

No no. I wasn’t saying there would be. My bad. I was thinking about “the Bills finally win the SB so some other fan bases will put an asterisks on it because of the 16 vs 17 games.” 

i shouldn’t have even mentioned it. Give me a mulligan on that one? 

I think if either the Bills or Bengals happen to win the SB there would be an asterisk because each team played one game less. Doesn’t mean it wasn’t a deserved title just that the asterisk means an oddity. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, stevestojan said:

Are we rooting for the Bengals just so we don’t have to hear that our SB comes with some sort of asterisk right? 

I'm rooting for Baltimore since I want no chance to hear that the Bengals could have passed us in the seeding.  

21 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

I think if either the Bills or Bengals happen to win the SB there would be an asterisk because each team played one game less. Doesn’t mean it wasn’t a deserved title just that the asterisk means an oddity. 

They were in the playoffs anyway.  All the missed game did was diminish each team's chance at a higher seed.  If the Bengals & Bills got seeded lower than their potential seeding & either won the Super Bowl, the asterisk is totally illogical.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.