Updated scenario for scheduling to be voted on Friday

The 9 Isles

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Would it really both you if the Bills end up winning the Super Bowl and there is "hate" toward the Bills because of this?  I wouldn't even think twice about it.  Nobody will remember it in a couple of years, but a Championship is forever.

Yes. Absolutely. I'll certainly remind Chiefs fans that they certainly shouldnt have had the bye.

3 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

We are already getting hate that we should just forfeit the game. Just imagine for a second that the Bengals have to travel to Baltimore wild card weekend and get knocked out while we beat the chiefs at a neutral field. 

Every troll on the internet is going to constantly remind us of it. I actually wish we would have forfeited it since the NFL apparently wont let us replay it.

I think you’re imagining things..

One team benefits from this scenario about 20x more than everyone else … the Chiefs. 

Bills lose out on their ability to control their shot at the 1 seed. 

Bengals completely screwed due to whatever reasoning they have of flipping a coin to decide Bengals/Ravens home field if Balt wins. 

Edited by SCBills

Just now, SCBills said:

I think you’re imagining things..

One team benefits from this scenario about 20x more than everyone else … the Chiefs. 

Bills screwed out of a chance to control their shot at the 1 seed. 

Bengals completely screwed due to whatever reasoning they have of flipping a coin to decide Bengals/Ravens home field if Balt wins. 

Yes, every team is getting hosed which again is the problem and will be the calling card for every other team that doesn't win the SB. The disadvantages for their team embellished while the advantages for the SB winning team embellished as well.

7 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Such a huge mistake. I hope we aren't advantaged by this as we are going to get a lot of hate if we win it all.

With all the love from every corner of America and the accommodations made for the Bills....They better WIN IT this season.  This has to be the year.  There's no choice but to win it.  And Buffalo will get all neutral fans rooting for them.  Even Cincinnati and KC fans would probably just say, fine take your darn Super Bowl trophy... and now disappear.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

No, I’m strictly speaking about the Bengals/Ravens scenario.  Why a coin flip when the Ravens can’t overtake them on win percentage?

Sure Ravens would have swept them.  

Bills beat Chiefs.  Doesn’t mean we get a coin flip over the bye. 

That is a valid point.  That point alone should settle it and keep in consistent.

9 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Yes they really effed Cincinatti over, but I disagree with your solutions.

The solution was to follow their own by-laws and either seed by win % or add week 19.

Week 19 was out of the question. If you seed by win percentage only then KC gets the bye and home field and Cinci is stuck in 3 and Baltimore loses any reason to even suit up for week 18. That's the least favorable option imo

8 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

We are already getting hate that we should just forfeit the game. Just imagine for a second that the Bengals have to travel to Baltimore wild card weekend and get knocked out while we beat the chiefs at a neutral field. 

Every troll on the internet is going to constantly remind us of it. I actually wish we would have forfeited it since the NFL apparently wont let us replay it.

So be it.  The Patriots have 2-3 asterisks and we did nothing wrong, the Pats ** did.

Here’s the solution: offer that Bills Cincy in the divisional round is on a neutral field, even if Bills and ravens lose week 18.  Bills lose a lot relative to the  current proposal but then would have the option to rest against the Pats.  This does not solve the problem of KC getting gifted the bye but it lessens the pummeling Cincy is taking under the current proposal. 

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

With all the love from every corner of America and the accommodations made for the Bills....They better WIN IT this season.  This has to be the year.  There's no choice but to win it.  And Buffalo will get all neutral fans rooting for them.  Even Cincinnati and KC fans would probably just say, fine take your darn Super Bowl trophy... and now disappear.

“Accomodations” 

Chiefs get one seed = bye and avoiding both BUF & CIN. 

Buffalo gets a shot at a neutral AFCCG and avoiding falling to the 3 seed, albeit losing their ability to keep the one seed they had control of.  

No accommodations were made. 

Decisions were made.  

In order of who those decisions benefit/hurt:

Chiefs

Bills

Ravens

Bengals

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Really feel for the Bengals. They did for the Bills amazing. 

Agreed.  They should have the #3 seed as they deserve it based on merit AND then throw in the ultimate sportsmanship and unselfishness they have shown.

It is not right.

14 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Well that would be the Bengals issue to deal with; they'll only have to travel to the Ravens if they lose on Sunday. Beat them, and they get HFA over them.

Burrow said on Wednesday some Bengals players didn't feel, at that point, like they wanted to play on Sunday. Higgins agreed that he was relieved the game was called off. So they can try and claim it was all on the Bills but it wasn't, and understandably so. So should we forfeit?

Edited by UKBillFan

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Week 19 never made sense. 

Not from a logistical standpoint for 1 game no, but it is an unprecedented situation.

Those are the rules though. Going to get all kinds of people riled up if you add rules on the fly as there will always be a subjective component that your team is being slighted. At least when utilizing existing rules you can fall back on "well thats the rules".

Yeah I don’t know why the league felt the need to create a bargain for the ravens in the new proposal.  Ravens have lost bad games down the stretch and they couldn’t sign their qb to a long term deal, now they are paying the price. I can’t envision they would complain too hard if the league just handed the division with the full 3 seed home field to the bengals. 

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Why is ChiefsPlanet such a consistent collection of scum?  What's the latest on methhead XFactor and the bank robber?

I don't post there.  I do agree it's a cesspool.  Arrowhead Stadium crows >>>>>>> Chiefs Planet crowd.

3 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Yes. Absolutely. I'll certainly remind Chiefs fans that they certainly shouldnt have had the bye.

In a prior post, I acknowledge, this isn't a bad deal for the Chiefs as it turned out.  The only thing I would say is that the whole problem with the no contest is that you can not definiteively say KC didn't deserve the bye.  We can't say they did because the Bills and Bengals game didn't happen.  

2 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

And if the Chiefs win the Super Bowl their fans literally won't care how it happened.

This is correct.  IF KC does somehow go on to win the SB....the talking heads will drone on about it for a week or so and that's it.  KC gets to keep the trophy, the record books show KC won the title.  in a few years now one will remember or care at all.  Sad but true.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, die hard bills fan said:

If KC wins Saturday and Bills have no shot at #1-then rest players for NE.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bills would still be play for a lot. Home field throughout or home field and a neutral site game.

In addition to what Buffalo_Stampede said....I just can't imagine any Bills players WANTING to sit for this Patriots game. I would bet anything that they want to go out there and run through a brick wall in honor of Damar.

Now if the Bills have a big lead in the second half? Then sure, rest starters. But until victory is certain, I expect the team to go all out.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Here’s the solution: offer that Bills Cincy in the divisional round is on a neutral field, even if Bills and ravens lose week 18.  Bills lose a lot relative to the  current proposal but then would have the option to rest against the Pats.  This does not solve the problem of KC getting gifted the bye but it lessens the pummeling Cincy is taking under the current proposal. 

Is that not happening?  I would think the Bills/Cincy game should definitely be on a neutral field.  Doesn't seem fair otherwise.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Zerovoltz said:

In a prior post, I acknowledge, this isn't a bad deal for the Chiefs as it turned out.  The only thing I would say is that the whole problem with the no contest is that you can not definiteively say KC didn't deserve the bye.  We can't say they did because the Bills and Bengals game didn't happen.  

Agree, but the Bills didn't get their chance to prove they will have a 14-3 record too and the tie breaker win over the chiefs but nevertheless the Chiefs get the 1st seed benefit of a bye week.

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

Why?

I thought they had to do everything they could do to get the Bills v Bengalds game in. There were solutions to this. Did they have unpleasant consequences? Yes. I would have even been okay with coin toss between Bills-Bengals to determine a winner and loser. 

I do not buy that the Bills would not want to play the Bengals if it could determine the #1 seed. Maybe some. but a majority? If they did feel this way, I imagine that will come out, and I'll eat my words at that time if that is the case, I just can't imagine it is. 

• Agree 1

This proposed scenario does seem fair to me. 

Assuming we are 13-3 and KC are 14-3, there are different views.

Yes, we beat KC. So it may seem unfair that they don't play WC Weekend. And we do. Both with the same number of losses.

But...we didn't finish the Cincinnati game. A game we very well could have lost. Which would've left us at 4 losses and KC at 3 losses. Meaning an AFC title game would be in Arrowhead. Instead, said game would be at a neutral field. Which KC fans would hate. Buffalo fans would like.

Both us and KC get some good and bad out of this proposition. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Nineforty said:

I thought they had to do everything they could do to get the Bills v Bengalds game in. There were solutions to this. Did they have unpleasant consequences? Yes. I would have even been okay with coin toss between Bills-Bengals to determine a winner and loser. 

I do not buy that the Bills would not want to play the Bengals if it could determine the #1 seed. Maybe some. but a majority? If they did feel this way, I imagine that will come out, and I'll eat my words at that time if that is the case, I just can't imagine it is. 

Well, if the Chiefs somehow lose on Saturday and the Bills win on Sunday, the #1 seed goes to Buffalo, and if I'm reading the resolution correctly, the Bills get the bye and home-field (i.e. no neutral site factoring in).  If the Chiefs win and the Bills win, the Bills get the 2, get 2 playoff games at home (assuming they can win both) and then avoid a trip to KC (again, assuming KC also gets that far).  I think that is about the best we can hope for as of Monday night with all that has happened.

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Well, if the Chiefs somehow lose on Saturday and the Bills win on Sunday, the #1 seed goes to Buffalo, and if I'm reading the resolution correctly, the Bills get the bye and home-field (i.e. no neutral site factoring in).  If the Chiefs win and the Bills win, the Bills get the 2, get 2 playoff games at home (assuming they can win both) and then avoid a trip to KC (again, assuming KC also gets that far).  I think that is about the best we can hope for as of Monday night with all that has happened.

I assume if the Chiefs win and the Bills lose, and both teams get to the AFCCG, then it will be held at Arrowhead?

2 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I agree up to the last sentence. 

Just now, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Actually surprised by how fair the outcome of this is for a league that constantly puts it's self first and in the lime light

Only thing that sucks is the Bengals coin flip scenario but then again if you get swept by a division opponent then maybe it is deserved 

It's only fair if you accept that the Bengals v Bills could not be played. I do not accept this.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.