Updated scenario for scheduling to be voted on Friday

The 9 Isles

2 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Well, if the Chiefs somehow lose on Saturday and the Bills win on Sunday, the #1 seed goes to Buffalo, and if I'm reading the resolution correctly, the Bills get the bye and home-field (i.e. no neutral site factoring in).  If the Chiefs win and the Bills win, the Bills get the 2, get 2 playoff games at home (assuming they can win both) and then avoid a trip to KC (again, assuming KC also gets that far).  I think that is about the best we can hope for as of Monday night with all that has happened.

Agree completely with what you said. 

To me this is fair for all. 

But I know Bengals fans won't be happy if they visit us in round 2. They will contend that they could have beaten us Monday night. Which most likely would've put said PO game in Cincinnati. Not Buffalo.

In the end, the Bengals get the least benefit of all this. But they had 4 losses at the time of the incident. Us and KC had 3. Had all three teams had 3 losses at the time, this would be an even bigger mess.

It's possible the NFL comes up with another crazy idea too.

8 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Is that not happening?  I would think the Bills/Cincy game should definitely be on a neutral field.  Doesn't seem fair otherwise.

no under the current proposal Bills/Cincy divisional game would be in Buffalo as long as the Bills handle the Pats making the Bills the 2. All Cincy needed to do before the injury to lock up the 2 (forcing Bills to the 3) was maintain the lead at home v Bills and handle the Lamar-less ravens. 

1 minute ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

There has yet to be an official word from NFL.

Rumor has it that the Bengals aren't happy with these scenarios and are trying to find another alternative

It's official. It's on NFL.com

4 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Agree completely with what you said. 

To me this is fair for all. 

But I know Bengals fans won't be happy if they visit us in round 2. They will contend that they could have beaten us Monday night. Which most likely would've put said PO game in Cincinnati. Not Buffalo.

In the end, the Bengals get the least benefit of all this. But they had 4 losses at the time of the incident. Us and KC had 3. Had all three teams had 3 losses at the time, this would be an even bigger mess.

It's possible the NFL comes up with another crazy idea too.

I would have been happy if they had said any Bengals-Bills post season game would be held at a neutral venue.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Agree, but the Bills didn't get their chance to prove they will have a 14-3 record too and the tie breaker win over the chiefs but nevertheless the Chiefs get the 1st seed benefit of a bye week.

...and again..I agree, KC got a GOOD DEAL on this, even if some fans might not think so.  We'll never know what MIGHT have happened, but essentially, instead of playing the game, which mathematically, probably was a 55% chance the Bills would lose at the time the game stopped, KC now has a 100% go for the 1 seed by simply winning Saturday.  You take that every time.  

Essentially, KC gets a "win" in the WC round, and can't play BOTH of the Bills and Bengals,  It can only be one or the other at worst, and still possible they play neither one, or if they play Cincy, still host if the Chiefs make it that far of course.  It's a good deal for KC.....the cost being simply having to play the Bills at a nuetral site ONLY if both KC and the Bills win this weekend.  

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

So wait...if the Chiefs lose and the Bills win would that mean they avoid the neutral field scenario?

I believe so. It says if the Bills qualify for the Championship as a road team which would be the case if the Chiefs win or we lose. This would be at a neutral site

If KC loses and we win; then we would be the home team (clear #1 seed) and host the game.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Why not just wait until things shake out Sunday night. The Chiefs and Bengals are far from a lock to win this week (Bills are of course 😚)

Teams need to know what they're playing for.

Just now, BillyBilliams said:

I don't agree with the Coin flip with Cincy/Balt.  Not because it screws Cincy, but it screws Baltimore.  They would have beaten Cincy twice.  So they'd have to beat Cincy AND win the Coin flip?  Sounds kind of garbage.  

Sssshhhhh... no one is allowed to say that the Bengals got any kind of benefit.

Well...there it is.

I presume the top three AFC teams win this weekend. 

My fear is potentially getting Miami instead of NE on WC Weekend. I'd rather get NE. Assuming we take care of NE Sunday. 

KC will likely get a tomato can opponent on divisional weekend. Probably Jax or Chargers. Safe bet that they are back in the title game. 

Our biggest benefit is getting KC in a neutral field over Arrowhead. But we still need to beat Miami & Cincinnati (Likely) to get to KC. Not easy at all.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-owners-approve-resolution-to-adjust-afc-postseason-including-potential-neutr

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillyBilliams said:

I don't agree with the Coin flip with Cincy/Balt.  Not because it screws Cincy, but it screws Baltimore.  They would have beaten Cincy twice.  So they'd have to beat Cincy AND win the Coin flip?  Sounds kind of garbage.  

Baltimore would also have 6 losses to Cincy's 5 in that scenario

4 minutes ago, BillyBilliams said:

They would've beaten Cincinnati twice. Yes. So I can see Ravens fans irritated at the thought of sweeping Cincinnati but still playing WC weekend in Cincinnati.

However.....Cincinnati never got an opportunity to beat us Mon and end up with 4 losses to Baltimore's 6 losses. Had that occurred, Baltimore would've had no chance at hosting a game.

So in a way, the NFL is rewarding Cincinnati for something out of their control.

They would've beaten Cincinnati twice. Yes. So I can see Ravens fans irritated at the thought of sweeping Cincinnati but still playing WC weekend in Cincinnati.

However.....Cincinnati never got an opportunity to beat us Mon and end up with 4 losses to Baltimore's 6 losses. Had that occurred, Baltimore would've had no chance at hosting a game.

So in a way, the NFL is rewarding Cincinnati for something out of their control.

Though if the Bills had beaten the Bengals, followed by the Ravens winning, then the Ravens would have won the AFC North. It's a fudge, really.

12 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Well...there it is.

I presume the top three AFC teams win this weekend. 

My fear is potentially getting Miami instead of NE on WC Weekend. I'd rather get NE. Assuming we take care of NE Sunday. 

KC will likely get a tomato can opponent on divisional weekend. Probably Jax or Chargers. Safe bet that they are back in the title game. 

Our biggest benefit is getting KC in a neutral field over Arrowhead. But we still need to beat Miami & Cincinnati (Likely) to get to KC. Not easy at all.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-owners-approve-resolution-to-adjust-afc-postseason-including-potential-neutr

I'd rather get Pittsburgh

There’s something I want to say about this. The Bengals were no more guaranteed to win Monday than the Bills would’ve been, at that point in the game. Sure they looked good throwing the ball to start the game. But Buffalo should have scored a TD not a FG, and the game could have, and probably would have been, a blazing shoot out, with Buffalo having a better run game of late. The Bills have losses by 2, 3, and 3 points. No way the Bengals were on their way to blowing Buffalo off the field Monday Night, which seems to be a line of thinking that’s crept into some people’s logic about what’s fair and not fair for the Bengals. A turnover here or there.. anything can happen. The Bills don’t lie down and die. Just want to point that out. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

I'd rather Kansas City lose so we can just be the 1 seed

Just now, Thrivefourfive said:

There’s something I want to say about this. The Bengals were no more guaranteed to win Monday than the Bills would’ve been, at that point in the game. Sure they looked good throwing the ball to start the game. But Buffalo should have scored a TD not a FG, and the game could have, and probably would have been, a blazing shoot out, with Buffalo having a better run game of late. The Bills have losses by 2, 3, and 3 points. No way the Bengals were on their way to blowing Buffalo off the field Monday Night, which seems to be a line of thinking that’s crept into some people’s logic about what’s fair and not fair for the Bengals. A turnover here or there.. anything can happen. The Bills don’t lie down and die. Just want to point that out. 

Exactly.  What people are forgetting was there was a review for a fumble that the Bills recovered on the kickoff.  Things can happen.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea agree with this.

Assuming Tua is healthy, I’d much rather face the Patriots than the Dolphins next week assuming the Chiefs win.

Yep.

My hope is the Jets beat Miami (Not liking those chances with Flacco starting). We beat NE. And then get NE a week later at Orchard Park. 

My guess is WC weekend will actually end up shaking out like this:

(2) Buf vs (7) Mia

(3) Cin vs (6) Bal (I pick Cin easily)

(4) Jags vs (5) LAC

*So no matter what, KC ends up getting the Jags or LAC*. I suppose LAC would be tougher for them. But still...that game is at Arrowhead. 

Meanwhile, we need to beat Miami (I don't think the Flacco led Jets get it done) in order to get a home date with Burrow & the Bengals.

*= Assuming we beat Miami. Otherwise, Miami is off to KC.

9 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

I don't think Pittsburgh will get in. 

I'd prefer them. But I think they are in tough against Cle & I don't believe the Jets will beat Miami with Flacco.

Edited by Billsfanatic8989

26 minutes ago, HopelessNJBuffaloFan said:

If Bills Win, KC loses, all games come through Buffalo. If Cin wins they are #2 and no neutral sites and also does not mess with Bal.

That would be the best case scenario to right the choices that were made.  The choices weren't perfect, but, made and fairly solid.  I think Baltimore should not have been involved. 

Unless the Bengals would have won the 3 way tie.  Not sure what have happened if there was a 3 way tie.  Previously in this thread someone suggested Cincinnati won the 3 way tie break.

KC loses to Las Vegas  --> KC is 13-4

BUF loses to CIN and beat NE  --> BUF 13-4

CIN beats BUF and beats BAL  -->CIN is 13-4

IF Cincy would have won the tie breaker they are missing out for 3 way tie for 1st place in the AFC.  Otherwise, if not and KC loses, BUF wins, CIN wins...Bills #1 seed and CIN #2 seed.  Then all is right in the World again.  Go Las Vegas!!

Go Bills!!

1 minute ago, Manther said:

That would be the best case scenario to right the choices that were made.  The choices weren't perfect, but, made and fairly solid.  I think Baltimore should not have been involved. 

Unless the Bengals would have won the 3 way tie.  Not sure what have happened if there was a 3 way tie.  Previously in this thread someone suggested Cincinnati won the 3 way tie break.

KC loses to Las Vegas  --> KC is 13-4

BUF loses to CIN and beat NE  --> BUF 13-4

CIN beats BUF and beats BAL  -->CIN is 13-4

IF Cincy would have won the tie breaker they are missing out for 3 way tie for 1st place in the AFC.  Otherwise, if not and KC loses, BUF wins, CIN wins...Bills #1 seed and CIN #2 seed.  Then all is right in the World again.  Go Las Vegas!!

Go Bills!!

I think the Bengals would have won on head to head. It would have been Bengals at #1, Bills at #2 and Chiefs at #3 in that scenario, I believe?

19 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Though if the Bills had beaten the Bengals, followed by the Ravens winning, then the Ravens would have won the AFC North. It's a fudge, really.

Yeah but those are hypotheticals. What is known is the Bengals have a higher win percentage that the Ravens can’t match.

Bengals, Bills, and Chiefs were ok with neutral site AFCCG

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

28 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea agree with this.

Assuming Tua is healthy, I’d much rather face the Patriots than the Dolphins next week assuming the Chiefs win.

I think we might get Pittsburgh.  We beat NE and the Jets beat Miami's third string QB.  If Pitt beats Cleveland in that scenario they are in and play the 2 seed.  If that is us (Go Raiders) I'd love that matchup.

• Agree 1

You are correct.

Thanks for confirming Bengals had the 3 way tie breaker.

If the Raiders beat the Chiefs this will be another layer of interesting.

I guess what ifs are over and focus on KC losing tomorrow and then go from there.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I believe a KC-Cin AFC title game would be neutral site IF KC loses this weekend and Cin wins. Otherwise, said game between those teams is in KC. I agree with that because both would have 4 losses with Cin owning HTH tiebreaker. But...Cin could've possibly had 5 losses thanks to Mon night. Thus...it's fair for everyone. 

We just need to beat NE and hope we don't have to beat both Cin & KC on our path to SB 57.

Bills win Sunday and we are at worst #2 (meaning no road games throughout playoffs, at worst).  If KC were to play Jax or Chargers, KC could easily lose.  Jax is a bit of a sleeper team this year IMHO.  If that were to happen, then we own the top seed and HFA.  

I still think a better option is just to flip a coin to decide the Bills vs. Bengals game. Think it would be a fair outcome since the game was probably gonna be close. Then you don't have to worry about neutral sites and flipping for other games. 

Plus, I'm willing to bet the Bills have better odds of winning a coin flip than the the Raiders upsetting the Chiefs. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.