Updated scenario for scheduling to be voted on Friday

The 9 Isles

1 minute ago, Zerovoltz said:

I'd like to clarify at least the point of view I have as a Chiefs fan about the proposed solution -

If you had offered the me/Chiefs the 1 seed, with the condition that a BUF/KC AFCCG is played at a nuetral site.  ...and the only condition is KC beats the Raiders? I take that 100% of the time.  That's a great trade off for KC.  

As the 1 - KC gets:

1st round bye.

CAN NOT play BOTH of Cincy and Buf in playoffs.  It's impossible.

Cincy is the team that has the biggest gripe

Buf is the team with the 2nd biggest gripe as they had control of their destiny to the 1 seed and lost that by having the game be declared a no contest. 

I am sure you'll see plenty of KC fans complaining about this on Twitter and on boards.  Considering there was no fair way to do it, KC isn't getting the shaft on this.  

I'm simply not going to agree that Cincy has the biggest gripe.  They were a full game behind KC and Buffalo at the time of week 17 starting.  If you want to say they have the biggest gripe, I'd argue Baltimore has an even more gripe.  They would have beat Cincy TWICE and would still need a coin flip in order to get a home game.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanSD said:

I know nobody likes having this pointed out, but it was our players who voluntarily chose not to continue the game on Monday night.  If the #1 seed was really that important, they could have played on.  They didn't, and that's a perfectly defensible choice.  I imagine most of the players would have accepted a forfeit if that option had been presented to them on Monday night.  We should be happy with any outcome superior to that, and this outcome is definitely friendlier to the Bills than a forfeit.    

Perhaps .. Also should be noted that the NFL may have called it regardless.. analysts, players and fans were all over social media openly demanding the game be shut down.   There wasn’t exactly much of a public appetite to play that game. 

Just now, BillyBilliams said:

I'm simply not going to agree that Cincy has the biggest gripe.  They were a full game behind KC and Buffalo at the time of week 17 starting.  If you want to say they have the biggest gripe, I'd argue Baltimore has an even more gripe.  They would have beat Cincy TWICE and would still need a coin flip in order to get a home game.

Cincy does because without the outcome of the Bill / Cincy game, they are going to no matter what, be the AFC North Champ but predisposed to a coin toss for hosting or going on the road to open the wild card round IF they lose to the Ravens.  

Either the rules and winning the division matter or they don't.  

It's important to note in all of this that the proposal for all of this is to CHANGE rules that are already in place.  Cincy has every right to be upset that they have as of today - No chance at the 1.  They also may be subject to opening their playoffs on the road even if they win the division.  A lot potentially taken off the table for them through no fault of their own, and in opposition to existing rules.

2 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Cincy does because without the outcome of the Bill / Cincy game, they are going to no matter what, be the AFC North Champ but predisposed to a coin toss for hosting or going on the road to open the wild card round IF they lose to the Ravens.  

It's important to note in all of this that the proposal for all of this is to CHANGE rules that are already in place.  Cincy has every right to be upset that they have as of today - No chance at the 1.  They also may be subject to opening their playoffs on the road even if they win the division.  A lot potentially taken off the table for them through no fault of their own, and in opposition to existing rules.

That is incorrect.  If Cincinnati had lost to Buffalo, the Ravens/Bengals game would have been a win an you're a division champ game.  So if we are going to assume Buffalo losing to Cincinnati, why do we not assume Cincy losing to Buffalo?  If they lost to Buffalo, then they wouldn't be coin flipping for the Division if they lost again.

17 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Why is ChiefsPlanet such a consistent collection of scum?  What's the latest on methhead XFactor and the bank robber?

I don’t know if Cinci has the biggest gripe, but the coin toss thing just doesn’t make much sense. It doesn’t really make sense that they’d flip a coin for a wild card matchup between Cinci and Baltimore, but not for an AFC Title game between Cinci and Baltimore. It doesn’t make sense that they’d flip a coin for that matchup but not for a Buffalo/Cinci matchup. It doesn’t make sense that Baltimore could win the coin toss and essentially be the 3 seed for one week and then return to being the 6 seed and have to play the best remaining playoff team every step of the way. The coin toss is just total nonsense and it looks even dumber when you consider the other rule change the NFL is making for KC/Buffalo/Cinci.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, DCOrange said:

I don’t know if Cinci has the biggest gripe, but the coin toss thing just doesn’t make much sense. It doesn’t really make sense that they’d flip a coin for a wild card matchup between Cinci and Baltimore, but not for an AFC Title game between Cinci and Baltimore. It doesn’t make sense that they’d flip a coin for that matchup but not for a Buffalo/Cinci matchup. It doesn’t make sense that Baltimore could win the coin toss and essentially be the 3 seed for one week and then return to being the 6 seed and have to play the best remaining playoff team every step of the way. The coin toss is just total nonsense and it looks even dumber when you consider the other rule change the NFL is making for KC/Buffalo/Cinci.  

Yeah, if the Ravens win and it makes the the AFC North results incomplete due to the canceled game, it should be on a neutral field if the same logic applies for the championship game. 

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, BillyBilliams said:

That is incorrect.  If Cincinnati had lost to Buffalo, the Ravens/Bengals game would have been a win an you're a division champ game.  So if we are going to assume Buffalo losing to Cincinnati, why do we not assume Cincy losing to Buffalo?  If they lost to Buffalo, then they wouldn't be coin flipping for the Division if they lost again.

This is a good point. By cancelling the game, it's basically been treated as a loss by the Bills but not the quite same for the Bengals.

The Bills now lose control of the number one seed and have to rely on the Raiders beating the Chiefs to have a chance.

The Bengals have been given the AFC North, even though if they had lost to the Bills and again to the Ravens they would have finished second. But if they lose to the Ravens they'll still get the chance of hosting the play off game, despite being swept by them. Then again, they also get a stronger schedule toi play next year and potentially a weaker position in the draft.

It's convoluted, especially when it comes to the Bengals.

1 hour ago, BillyBilliams said:

How so?  They have 4 losses.  Buffalo and KC have 3 losses.  Buffalo was ahead of Cincy going into the week only because they had less losses and more wins than Cincy.  Cincy owns the tiebreaking procedures standings.  Technically you can say Baltimore got the short end of the stick.  If they beat Cincy this weekend, they would have beaten them twice and would STILL need a coin flip in order to win the division.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m too lazy to read the thread-

what will happen if

bills win

Kc loses

they face in the AFCCG

bills get the bye and they face at neutral site or in Buffalo?

They face off in Buffalo. KC losing puts the NFL world right in AFC ranking. They only possible loser would be Balt if they win this weekend

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Great, the most crooked people on the face of this earth get to vote

This should be fun 

Maybe Jerry Jones will vote 3 times :thumbdown:

My thoughts exactly well said! By the time we're done with that crew voting the Cowboys will be hosting the Patriots for the Super Bowl next weekend!

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower
  • Haha (+1) 3

Zac Taylor did everything right and got crapped on. He deserves to be upset.

KC gets the bye week even though they lost to both teams and Cinci is the 3 seed and might not even get any home games if they lose and then lose the coin flip. This is nonsense.

The correct action was either:

1. 8 playoff teams and no bye and you go by winning percentage for seeding

2. the team that gets the bye forfeits home field to the #2 team and any game between Buf and Cinci is at a neutral site

These are the only 2 options that make sense.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

KC gets the bye week even though they lost to both teams and Cinci is the 3 seed and might not even get any home games if they lose and then lose the coin flip. This is nonsense.

2. the team that gets the bye forfeits home field to the #2 team and any game between Buf and Cinci is at a neutral site

The change for the Ravens was completely unnecessary. 

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

The Bengals are 11-4.  The Bills and Chiefs have only lost 3 games

No, I’m strictly speaking about the Bengals/Ravens scenario.  Why a coin flip when the Ravens can’t overtake them on win percentage?

Sure Ravens would have swept them.  

Bills beat Chiefs.  Doesn’t mean we get a coin flip over the bye. 

6 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Yes they really effed Cincinatti over, but I disagree with your solutions.

The solution was to follow their own by-laws and either seed by win % or add week 19.

3 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Such a huge mistake. I hope we aren't advantaged by this as we are going to get a lot of hate if we win it all.

No.  No we are not. 

Chiefs are gifted a bye if they win Saturday.  

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Such a huge mistake. I hope we aren't advantaged by this as we are going to get a lot of hate if we win it all.

Would it really both you if the Bills end up winning the Super Bowl and there is "hate" toward the Bills because of this?  I wouldn't even think twice about it.  Nobody will remember it in a couple of years, but a Championship is forever.

Edited by Johnnycage46
  • Agree 2

Just now, SCBills said:

No.  No we are not. 

Chiefs are gifted a bye if they win Saturday.  

We are already getting hate that we should just forfeit the game. Just imagine for a second that the Bengals have to travel to Baltimore wild card weekend and get knocked out while we beat the chiefs at a neutral field. 

Every troll on the internet is going to constantly remind us of it. I actually wish we would have forfeited it since the NFL apparently wont let us replay it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.