If Somehow Hyde Returns, We Win The Super Bowl

Dick_Cheney

This is a weird one. Hyde is down to earth and he knows how much the fanbase appreciates him. I do not believe he would be saying the things he has said the past few weeks about potentially returning if it was not actually, legitimately possible or likely for him to do so.

That said, as the title states, I believe if he does indeed return by the start of the playoffs, we finally, finally win it all. If he was playing this week, I don't think we would be as tense as we are about the Bengals game. This guy is elite and he changes how teams plan before the game, and he changes what happens during the game. We've done alright in his absence but damn, there's a confidence and a swagger when he's on the field.

Anyways. If he comes back while we're still in it, regardless of us getting the number 1 overall seed, I do believe we go the distance and win the Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

This is a weird one. Hyde is down to earth and he knows how much the fanbase appreciates him. I do not believe he would be saying the things he has said the past few weeks about potentially returning if it was not actually, legitimately possible or likely for him to do so.

That said, as the title states, I believe if he does indeed return by the start of the playoffs, we finally, finally win it all. If he was playing this week, I don't think we would be as tense as we are about the Bengals game. This guy is elite and he changes how teams plan before the game, and he changes what happens during the game. We've done alright in his absence but damn, there's a confidence and a swagger when he's on the field.

Anyways. If he comes back while we're still in it, regardless of us getting the number 1 overall seed, I do believe we go the distance and win the Super Bowl.

I can't agree... he was out there during 13 seconds. Him coming back is huge, but he doesn't make that much of a difference WRT us winning the Super Bowl or not. I would say that Kaiir Elam is the key to our success more than Hyde, because we desperately need a complement for Tre.

Hey, I love Mr. Poyer and Dr. Hyde, but his lifelong health is more important.  If there is the remotest concern he could suffer real long term problems with his neck, I wouldn’t wish that on any loving husband and father.

We have him under contract next year, and these men are human beings.  If there is zero % chance of a serious neck long term injury, then ok.  It seems like the safe move is to allow him to be 100% for next year.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I can't agree... he was out there during 13 seconds. Him coming back is huge, but he doesn't make that much of a difference WRT us winning the Super Bowl or not. I would say that Kaiir Elam is the key to our success more than Hyde, because we desperately need a complement for Tre.

You must not have heard, Chris Simms thinks Tre has been no bueno. Don't think that was a compliment towards Tre. Better find a different CB to complement!!

Just now, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

You must not have heard, Chris Simms thinks Tre has been no bueno. Don't think that was a compliment towards Tre. Better find a different CB to complement!!

Is Chris Simms a Jerry Sullivan disciple? That's NOT a compliment 😂

MY RESPONSE:

And if Von comes back. And if Crowder comes back. And if Benford comes back. And if O'Dell signs with us. And if Davis turns into a true WR2. And if Cole returns to his 2020 self. And if Tre returns to his 2020 form. And if Saffold & Brown improve. And if....

Edited by Donuts and Doritos
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

lol Davis. come on. he's still a WR2. between Josh's elbow and Dorsey's dog piss play calling. he should be in a better spot than he is.

clearly the other players won't be returning. Hyde medically has a shot. you can't tell me he's not better than what we've been putting on the field in the meantime. maybe i'm totally wrong and that's fine and whatever. but i do hope he's being honest in his possibility to return.

17 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

And if Von comes back. And if Crowder comes back. And if Benford comes back. And if O'Dell signs with us. And if Davis turns into a true WR2. And if Cole returns to his 2020 self. And if Tre returns to his 2020 form. And if Saffold & Brown improve. And if....

And if a cry flies by during a full moon and wwe bring back the ashes of Walter Peyton, and if TO gets some abs done on his driveway, we’re in like flint.  🦬🏈🦬👍😂🤩🥰💪

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Has any player come back from an in season injury comparable to this? I know Hyde is trying to work out and maybe come back deep into January but I just don’t see it happening. I don’t even see Crowder coming back. Maybe Benford and Kumerow but not those two.

No, it’s never been done. It ain’t the injury, it’s the type of surgery required to fix it and since he had the ACDF as opposed to the ADR procedure, the minimum recovery time is six months for the spinal bone grafts to properly fuse. 

• Like (+1) 2

While I technically agree with OP, I think it’s mostly a pipe dream right now. That quote of Hyde’s came across to me like typical athlete motivational thinking. “Historically no, but…” I.e., he thinks he’s a supernatural healer until proven otherwise. 

7 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Same was said for Tre. Even if he came back. I'm not sure mentally he'd be in it, or physically be up to game shape. But I'm with you. We are so much better with him in it. Imagine what the D would look like right now with Him and Miller. Sucks we only have to wonder. 

but Tre doesn't look very good yet.   If he is matched up with Chase, he is probably going to get lit up Monday night.  It has been shown that unless you are Adrian Peterson, you can't come back to 100% the year after a late season ACL

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

Like when we had him last year?  And in 2020?

So much of it is luck as we were a squib kick away from hosting an AFC Championship game last year.  The Chiefs almost choked in the Divisional round in 2020 beating the Browns by five.  Browns win that and they travel to Buffalo for the AFC Championship game.   You can debate all you want which of the last three seasons we had the best roster but our current roster as constructed has as good of chance as any in the league.  Having Hyde back (while not an absolute must) would slightly increase our chances.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ProcessTruster said:

but Tre doesn't look very good yet.   If he is matched up with Chase, he is probably going to get lit up Monday night.  It has been shown that unless you are Adrian Peterson, you can't come back to 100% the year after a late season ACL

Miller will in 2023. His recovery time is 7 months he said. Walking with no brace or crutches after 3 days and was walking up and down stairs with a normal gait a week after surgery. His situation is uncommon though, so I know what your getting at.

1 hour ago, Nephilim17 said:

I'd say if Josh's good judgment returns we win the Super Bowl.

Better throwing decisions and fewer INTs will mean more than Hyde's return — but that would still be very good. Just not counting on it.

Josh was playing worse last December, including a 42.3 completion percentage 0 td, 3 int game against Atlanta in week 17 last year. He had his lowest QB Rating of his career in that game, it was so low it matched his jersey number. 

After seeing how he stepped his game way up once the playoffs started, I don't worry anymore about Josh in big games. In primetime games this year he has 17 tds, 5 ints and a QB Rating a little over 105, while adding another 3 tds rushing. Buffalo is 6-0 in primetime games(I'm counting the Thanksgiving day game, but not KC game).

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.