MNF- Chargers @ Colts

T&C

2 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Asides from the dolphins game yesterday, mostly due to the outcome, all games yesterday and today have been God awful. Some of the worst football I’ve seen. Not even close to entertaining

I've said before, if Josh Allen didn't exist I'm not sure how much I would watch the NFL now

5 minutes ago, 716 said:

James might have cuncussed himself...damn what a nasty hit. Knew the ejection was coming as soon as he hit him

I think you’re right. James was wobbly getting up after the hit. Stupid play and definitely ejection worthy. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

This is the other thing about "why isn't Herbert doing better than he looks like he should be doing" is, he constantly checks down on 3rd-and-need-it. He'll get it on 4th down a lot though.

He is the king of watching him play, thinking he looks good… (looks at scoreboard) … 10 points at halftime. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Ralonzo said:

Another 3rd-and-crucial checkdown. 

Pretty smart play there though.

No One was open, checked it down for yards, kept the clock running and didn’t  give a chance for the colts for a 2 Minute drill.

(Although not like the colts offence would score anyways lol)

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

This is the other thing about "why isn't Herbert doing better than he looks like he should be doing" is, he constantly checks down on 3rd-and-need-it. He'll get it on 4th down a lot though.

Bingo.  For those wanting Allen to check down all the time this is what it looks like.  In spite of a woeful Colts offense that has committed two turnovers and went 3 and out a couple of times and in spite of Herbert having great stats from all the check downs the score is 10 - 3 at half.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

What's happened to Herbert? 21 TDs going into the 15th game of the season. He's the polar opposite of Josh and Josh's hero ball. Is ti scheme? 

I think it's just who they are.

I mean, it did make it a much more makeable 25-yard field goal attempt rather than a 28-yarder. Or heaven forbid a 35-yarder if you get sacked there.

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Haha (+1) 1

That check down, Herbert throws every time if the play breaks down and no one is open after a second or two.  

Mahomes. Maybe 1 out of 4 times. 

Allen. McDermott would need to have one of Josh’s family members held hostage in a secret location under the guise Allen must throw the check down to free them. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

What's happened to Herbert? 21 TDs going into the 15th game of the season. He's the polar opposite of Josh and Josh's hero ball. Is ti scheme? 

Lot of injuries on the O line throughout the year and was down his top 2 receivers for the majority of the season.

Those factors definitely played a big role,  but ya still disappointing on his end

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.