Jerry Sullivan crosses the line. Comments against women.

Draconator

3 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

This is a bog standard internet joke and I am not offended by it at all.  But you just jokingly asked another poster for pics of his daughters.  In the same thread that you called for another person's firing over a similar joke. 

Maybe think on that a bit?

I will give it some serious thought, whilst also thinking about the fact that I am not a member of the media.

• Haha (+1) 1

Jerry is just critical, he can drop the journalism part.

If it comes to throwing softballs I have seen plenty from both men and women reporters.

Good questions are not just designed to get an emotional response.

Really good journalists have the knack for asking questions that get folks to open up and talk about more than they would if their guard was up because of a combative approach.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I thought the 'lousy hospitality table' remarks of a few seasons back would have gotten him turfed. 😁

Reported.  They're even bringing back 'Hapless Bills Fan' to issue the warning.

Wait, is hapless gone? The dude suspended me twice for mentioning covid and then dm’d me arguing about covid. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JohnNord said:

It also should be noted that there’s somewhat of a method to his approach.  He sees himself as an old-time print columnist who’s job is to be a provocateur with strong opinions.  There’s a few other people like him that still exist - Dan Shaugnessey of The Boston Globe comes to mind - but the sports columnist position pretty much died with the traditional newspaper.

All other issues with his comments aside, herein lies the rub. He is... was... a columnist, but by his own comments he believes he's a "critical journalist." Sullivan is about as close to being a journalist as I am to being a professional athlete... for the record, I'm 50 yrs old, overweight, slow, have terrible hand-eye coordination and couldn't have been an athlete even in my peak fitness years in my teens and 20s.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

What if the dog is a pit bull?  

In this instance in my case it would be lie down with dog get up after a terrible night's sleep because the little **** kept kicking me all night and stole my pillow (and yes, I'm referring to my dog not my wife).

1 minute ago, eball said:

And this gem.  But you're not, Jerry...you're not.  Sayonara.

You know it's bad when stuff like this gets tweeted. Jerry really stepped in it.

7 minutes ago, eball said:

He's a dumbass but the man has to make a living. You knew this was coming.

• Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, transient said:

for the record, I'm 50 yrs old, overweight, slow, have terrible hand-eye coordination and couldn’t have been an athlete even in my peak fitness in my teens and 20’s.

Did you have a date for the Prom?

(got my fingers crossed)

Edited by I am the egg man

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Was Jerry Sullivan the one that asked that idiotic question to Josh about the offense??? What a moron. Was he also the one that went after Poyer and Hyde last year about the Defense? 

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

I'm wondering if they were just looking for an excuse? 

Regardless he is an idiotic.  

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

I was wondering how long it would take to get canceled. That was quick. 

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

I'm wondering if they were just looking for an excuse? 

They're a small local paper that probably relies on limited local advertisers. I can't imagine they could afford to let that fester.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You know it's bad when stuff like this gets tweeted. Jerry really stepped in it.

He's a dumbass but the man has to make a living. You knew this was coming.

Do you think WIVB will follow suit?

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Do you think WIVB will follow suit?

Absolutely. Judging by Twitter this forest fire is just getting started. It's even getting national attention.

11 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

So does he keep his media pass?

I'd let him keep it if I were the bills to see if he had the guts to show up tomorrow.

Not if this guy succeeds...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.