Jerry Sullivan crosses the line. Comments against women.

Draconator

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

Yep and now he is fired from there also.  

It was inevitable.

Guess that means he probably loses his press credentials.

If he loses his press credentials with the Bills no one will be upset and no one will miss him. We need new positive people there instead of him. 

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

If he loses his press credentials with the Bills no one will be upset and no one will miss him. We need new positive people there instead of him. 

We do need people who ask the tough questions sometimes, but I do believe it can be done to better effect in a less adversarial manner.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I don't see the issue with what he said...generally speaking it's true. Finding women who are generally critical of players on the team, specifically Josh Allen, is a tough find. 

This can be backed up by the players themselves.  Many sound bytes of the players in the tunnel as they are taking the field confirm Sullivan's sentiments.  After win on three, players can be heard mimicking women fans yelling, "oh, Josh Allen, Josh Allen!" 

Generally speaking, most women are much more likely to be emotionally attached therefore ignoring all rational and logical evidence of poor performance. 

This can be seen in all aspects of life, for example, your daughter who has everything going for her except the fact she loves a loser with no job, who sleeps on his friends couch.  It can also be seen in the hot girl with a great job who's dating a guy in his 30s who's wanted for child support, drinks 40s, works under the table, smokes blunts and is secretly hooking up with her sister on weekends. The common denominator here is the emotional attachment vs the painful reality. 

Sullivan looks to perhaps be drinking a beer(s) and may be a little lit, being completely honest and open with his opinion....and I see nothing wrong with it. 

I'm not a PC guy and I'm glad there are still others who aren't and just call them how they see them. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

I don't see the issue with what he said...generally speaking it's true. Finding women who are generally critical of players on the team, specifically Josh Allen, is a tough find. 

This can be backed up by the players themselves.  Many sound bytes of the players in the tunnel as they are taking the field confirm Sullivan's sentiments.  After win on three, players can be heard mimicking women fans yelling, "oh, Josh Allen, Josh Allen!" 

Generally speaking, most women are much more likely to be emotionally attached therefore ignoring all rational and logical evidence of poor performance. 

This can be seen in all aspects of life, for example, your daughter who has everything going for her except the fact she loves a loser with no job, who sleeps on his friends couch.  It can also be seen in the hot girl with a great job who's dating a guy in his 30s who's wanted for child support, drinks 40s, works under the table, smokes blunts and is secretly hooking up with her sister on weekends. The common denominator here is the emotional attachment vs the painful reality. 

Sullivan looks to perhaps be drinking a beer(s) and may be a little lit, being completely honest and open with his opinion....and I see nothing wrong with it. 

I'm not a PC guy and I'm glad there are still others who aren't and just call them how they see them. 

Men and women are often very different kinds of fans. But he didn't say it very nicely and he did it in a public forum. I don't believe he should lose his job for it, but it's the world we live in. Most of us understand that by now.

Add in that nobody likes the guy anyways, and you have yourself a freshly unemployed writer. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

billy-madison-dumber.gif

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

We can say that about men too, at least the football part, not the ridiculous paragraph about women marrying poorly, but how many on this site or just general male fans have a man crush on Josh or Milano... look how so many just loved so many players over the years to the point of being emotional about them. Your comments are just as bad a Sullivans, just that he's been obnoxious for about 30 years in buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, wppete said:

We need new positive people there instead of him. 

I agree we need new people but why do they have to be positive? What is up with this movement lately about everything needing to be positive?

I want a reporter that tells it like it is - not sugar coats everything. When I want a candy coating on my Bills news, I listen to Chris Brown.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

We do need people who ask the tough questions sometimes, but I do believe it can be done to better effect in a less adversarial manner.

Yeah that is true but we don’t need him. Someone else who is competent and a decent person will fill his job, I’m sure there are many. 

24 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

True. And with Sullivan gone, we have pretty much no one left to ask those tough questions. Sal & Co only give softballs.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

Men and women are often very different kinds of fans. But he didn't say it very nicely and he did it in a public forum. I don't believe he should lose his job for it, but it's the world we live in. Most of us understand that by now.

Add in that nobody likes the guy anyways, and you have yourself a freshly unemployed writer. 

What would you fire someone for , if not for embarrassing your company by association and possibly alienating half of your potential customers/viewers...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

I agree we need new people but why do they have to be positive? What is up with this movement lately about everything needing to be positive?

I want a reporter that tells it like it is - not sugar coats everything. When I want a candy coating on my Bills news, I listen to Chris Brown.

The guy was just a miserable person, pure negativity. It’s good to ask tough questions and do true journalism but don’t have to be a prick about it all the time. People don’t want to see that. 

I don't really care one way or the other.  Dude seems like a fellow who likes the smell of his own farts.  I really don't care what he said, it seems like he was attempting humor and failed miserably.  These things happen.  If he loses his job because of it, so be it, but I don't think he hates women or any of that.  Just a dumb comment, he appears to do that a lot.

12 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

Can't say I disagree. 

5 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

These things blow over in a week or two. Our society has given into bullying though. This is the result. 

Well then he's obviously not as smart as he thinks he is to go online and make a comment like that and think nothing would happen to him.

10 minutes ago, klos63 said:

We can say that about men too, at least the football part, not the ridiculous paragraph about women marrying poorly, but how many on this site or just general male fans have a man crush on Josh or Milano... look how so many just loved so many players over the years to the point of being emotional about them. Your comments are just as bad a Sullivans, just that he's been obnoxious for about 30 years in buffalo.

Everyone has beliefs and opinions, that's the point.  Not everyone agrees. 

I agree with his assessment, you don't. That's the beauty of different viewpoints. 

• Vomit 1

8 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Everyone has beliefs and opinions, that's the point.  Not everyone agrees. 

I agree with his assessment, you don't. That's the beauty of different viewpoints. 

again, you alienate the customer base, you probably lose your job, rightly so.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, klos63 said:

What would you fire someone for , if not for embarrassing your company by association and possibly alienating half of your potential customers/viewers...

I don't believe those comments are putting anyone over the edge.  At this point in his career you either listen or you don't. 

Edited by TwistofFate

1 minute ago, TwistofFate said:

I don't believe those comments are putting anyone over the edge.  You either listen to him or you don't.  At this point in his career you either listen or you don't. 

So you listen to him for one, got it.

Saying the same thing twice means it carries more weight?

1 hour ago, TwistofFate said:

Where's DC Tom?

The yelling you're hearing is "I love you Josh Allen".  It's a Bills tradition started during the 2020 Covid season by Cole Beasley and Jon Feliciano. 

When they weren't gonna come back, they had a couple other guys promise to keep it up.  At the start of the season, they were on twitter chaffing those guys (I think one was Gabe Davis) for not doing it well enough.

It has nothing to do with a generalized player "judgement of female fans" as being "unable to understand critical journalism" or "just wanting to be cheerleaders" or generalized player mocking of female fans.

Sheesh.

I vomit upon your generalizations and summon my neighbor's cats to do likewise.

Speak for your own daughter and keep your dumb generalizations off of mine.  And while you're at it, don't use your personal experience to disregard all the guys who stick with a gal who's exploiting them because they're emotionally attached and won't face painful reality.  Believe me, we've heard some doozy stories from some of the gents here over the years.

"Bad romance" and "bad judgement in romantic partners" is not by any means limited to one gender.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Unlike the purely logical male fans of the NFL who are driven to acts of violence, self destruction, and prone to meltdowns pending the outcome of sporting events, the fairer sex lacks the capacity for rational thought.  Show me proof you say?!?  Well look no farther than the lowlife tramp that is my daughter.  Despite a sterling upbringing consisting of the finest Cheektowaga public education, summers in Lockport, and exposure to luminaries like Jerry Sullivan at a young age, her life has been nothing more than a series of emotionally charged poor decisions, as she seeks pleasure in fleeting relationships.  As a result, she has made nothing of herself and currently resides in the trailer across from mine.  In summary, women are simply too emotional to critically analyze 22 guys smashing each others heads in.

- TwistofFate PhD  

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Where's DC Tom?

The yelling you're hearing is "I love you Josh Allen".  It's a Bills tradition started during the 2020 Covid season by Cole Beasley and Jon Feliciano. 

When they weren't gonna come back, they had a couple other guys promise to keep it up.  At the start of the season, they were on twitter chaffing those guys (I think one was Gabe Davis) for not doing it well enough.

It has nothing to do with a generalized player "judgement of female fans" as being "unable to understand critical journalism" or "just wanting to be cheerleaders" or generalized player mocking of female fans.

Sheesh.

I vomit upon your generalizations and summon my neighbor's cats to do likewise.

Speak for your own daughter and keep your dumb generalizations off of mine.  And while you're at it, don't use your personal experience to disregard all the guys who stick with a gal who's exploiting them because they're emotionally attached and won't face painful reality.  Believe me, we've heard some doozy stories from some of the gents here over the years.

"Bad romance" and "bad judgement in romantic partners" is not by any means limited to one gender.

Eloquent, yet changes nothing.  Genders are what they are, and in general women tend to be more emotional.  

Blame it on the x chromosome, not me.

Vomit away...it is what it is. 

42 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Unlike the purely logical male fans of the NFL who are driven to acts of violence, self destruction, and prone to meltdowns pending the outcome of sporting events, the fairer sex lacks the capacity for rational thought.  Show me proof you say?!?  Well look no farther than the lowlife tramp that is my daughter.  Despite a sterling upbringing consisting of the finest Cheektowaga public education, summers in Lockport, and exposure to luminaries like Jerry Sullivan at a young age, her life has been nothing more than a series of emotionally charged poor decisions, as she seeks pleasure in fleeting relationships.  As a result, she has made nothing of herself and currently resides in the trailer across from mine.  In summary, women are simply too emotional to critically analyze 22 guys smashing each others heads in.

- TwistofFate PhD  

What has this advanced brain research taught us about how the human brain functions, and ultimately about how men and women make decisions and solve problems? One key point we've learned is that while the brain is divided into left and right hemispheres, most of us are dominant on one side or the other. Some of us are primarily left-brain thinkers, which makes us more analytical, sequential, logical, and detailed. Others show dominance of their right brain, which is described as more creative, nonlinear, intuitive, and holistic.

Can you guess which gender has been shown to have a left-brain orientation versus right?

Researchers at Yale determined back in the nineties that men's tendency is to primarily use the left side of their brain, while women generally shift back and forth, drawing on both the left and right sides. In practice, this means that men are more likely to have a fact- and logic-based leadership style, while women are more likely to see the big-picture, have stronger emotions, and rely on their intuition for decision-making.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/different-brains-differen_b_9480952

TwistofFate....a guy who reads.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.