Jerry Sullivan crosses the line. Comments against women.

Draconator

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

I do not understand your rush to defend all manner of idiots who insist on sticking their feet in their mouth.

I think you might have me confused with a different poster.  I don't like Jerry Sullivan and I can't recall defending any other media figure any time recently.  In fairness, maybe I'm just forgetting something.

3 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I think you might have me confused with a different poster.  I don't like Jerry Sullivan and I can't recall defending any other media figure any time recently.  In fairness, maybe I'm just forgetting something.

Perhaps I have you mistaken with someone else but I thought we just had a similar conversation RE: recent comments by an injured Raven's QB.  At the very least I believe you had similar thoughts about those comments made and whether or not anyone was offended despite evidence in thread that clearly some were offended.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Coldfronts said:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.  Drop the woke/ cancel crap and move on.  Perfect example the public outrage exceeds the wrong done.

"everyone is entitled to their opinion but stop voicing yours and accept mine"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Coldfronts said:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.  Drop the woke/ cancel crap and move on.  Perfect example the public outrage exceeds the wrong done.

Everyone is entitled to consequences for their actions too. Or do you not believe in personal responsibility?

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Terrible choice of words from Sullivan, but it makes me ask his intent. Is he hinting that women are less critical than men? Could have fooled me over the years 😂 

The irrelevant trying to become relevant even if it’s his own funeral. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Perhaps I have you mistaken with someone else but I thought we just had a similar conversation RE: recent comments by an injured Raven's QB.  At the very least I believe you had similar thoughts about those comments made and whether or not anyone was offended despite evidence in thread that clearly some were offended.

Yeah, I had forgotten about that one.  I thought Jackson's comment to that fan was unprofessional (why go after some rando on social media?) but the performative outrage was ridiculous.  I'll grant that this is similar.

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Everyone is entitled to consequences for their actions too. Or do you not believe in personal responsibility?

So, who decides what sins deserve canceling and please don't say the community because you can see where the Salem witch trials got us. Thank good for the first amendment and you don't have to watch his stuff ...just don't canceling him over it like a child  throwing a fit

Edited by Coldfronts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Coldfronts said:

So, who decides what sins deserve canceling and please don't say the community because you can see where the Salem witch trials got us. Thank good for the first amendment and you don't have to watch his stuff just don't canceling him over it

I've had Sullivan "canceled" for years. In that I refused to read his drivel, or even give him a click on his articles. Where you cry "canceling" I just call it exercising my choice as a consumer.

And when his employers realize his statements have hurt their bottom line, they will fire him. That's free market capitalism, baby.

Take your adolescent drama, and crying over fake crap like "woke" and "canceling", back to twitter.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 3

Dumb comment.  Sullivan is wrong about what he said.  

Move on.  Shouldn’t erase his career.  Shouldn’t be something everyone cries about for days. 

Equally annoying.. having WGR hosts & some of the Bills podcast guys use this as an opportunity to virtue signal.  

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.