12/11/22 Week 14 GAMEDAY Bills vs Jets Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

One week you’re an also-ran, 7th seed, 3rd in your Division. The next week, you’re King of the Conference. One week, your star All Pro CB returns after a year away from reconstructive knee surgery, the next week you lose your All Pro DE with the same injury. So it goes In today’s NFL. So thrilled to wake up Monday in 1st Place, having the stars align the day before. But it’s tenuous at best, likely requiring we win out with 5 games remaining just to maintain it. 5 games remaining?!? I easily recall when week 14 meant the season finale!

Task 1. The feisty, rejuvenated NY Jets -who no longer roll over and play dead. Their Defense has emerged as one the best and loaded with great young talent. They’re nipping at our heels as no Division team has a losing record. Say that again. Week 14 and not one losing record in the AFCEeast! Last year, our #1 ranked Defense had zero PBers. I’m guessing the Jets will have a handful of them this year! They’re outstanding on Defense (Saleh) with no end in sight and becoming dangerously talented on Offense. Did I mention they’ve already beaten us?

Our schedule this year had to be drawn up on Ripley’s Believe It or Not, with 4 games to play vs the Division this late in the year. Not too many years ago, our schedule was Sunday at 1 PM unless we were playing out west. Now? I’m glad there aren’t 8 days a week, cuz we’re already playing on 4 different days of the week -with Saturday, Monday and likely a Sunday night still to complete.

We have the pieces together to meet this gauntlet and we’re a veteran team that knows what it takes to grab December games by the throat. 
That’s a great thing, because that’s what has to happen! Starting today!

GO BILLS!

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Morning fellow Bills fans!

Rich Cimini of ESPN with his "Bold Prediction" for the game today.  My apologies if someone has already posted this:

Bold prediction: The Jets, one of 10 teams that haven't scored a defensive touchdown, will end the streak on a pick-six by cornerback Sauce Gardner. The rookie gets his hands on a lot of footballs (15 passes defended) but hasn't had an interception since Week 9 against the Bills, one of 11 thrown by Allen this season. Look for Gardner, known for his sticky coverage, to pick Allen again. -- Rich Cimini

I mean I guess you gotta throw something outlandish out there and hope it sticks when this is your 9-5 lol.  Let me be one of the first to admit that Sauce has performed exceptionally well this year, exceeding probably many people's expectations of him.  Personally, I was completely enamored with him coming out.  His measurables, speed, everything about him was off the charts, and I secretly dreamed we'd somehow land him.  But for all the praise being heaped upon him, am I the only one who feels like he gets away with a TON of holding/PI calls?  I even sometimes wonder if the refs are intentionally turning a blind eye to some of the crap this kid is doing?  Soooo many occasions he just flat out fails to even turn around, while draped all over the WR.  And yes, call me a homer for saying this, but after watching replays of that last attempt by Allen to Davis, I'd say it was definitely worthy of a flag.  

Now, the kid's been reading his own press clippings too much, because he's apparently upset with Jets fans he doesn't have higher pro bowl vote totals.... 😂

I'm SERIOUSLY hoping either Stef or Gabe or both of them burns this kid multiple times today.

5 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

Rich Cimini of ESPN with his "Bold Prediction" for the game today.  My apologies if someone has already posted this:

Bold prediction: The Jets, one of 10 teams that haven't scored a defensive touchdown, will end the streak on a pick-six by cornerback Sauce Gardner. The rookie gets his hands on a lot of footballs (15 passes defended) but hasn't had an interception since Week 9 against the Bills, one of 11 thrown by Allen this season. Look for Gardner, known for his sticky coverage, to pick Allen again. -- Rich Cimini

I mean I guess you gotta throw something outlandish out there and hope it sticks when this is your 9-5 lol.  Let me be one of the first to admit that Sauce has performed exceptionally well this year, exceeding probably many people's expectations of him.  Personally, I was completely enamored with him coming out.  His measurables, speed, everything about him was off the charts, and I secretly dreamed we'd somehow land him.  But for all the praise being heaped upon him, am I the only one who feels like he gets away with a TON of holding/PI calls?  I even sometimes wonder if the refs are intentionally turning a blind eye to some of the crap this kid is doing?  Soooo many occasions he just flat out fails to even turn around, while draped all over the WR.  And yes, call me a homer for saying this, but after watching replays of that last attempt by Allen to Davis, I'd say it was definitely worthy of a flag.  

Now, the kid's been reading his own press clippings too much, because he's apparently upset with Jets fans he doesn't have higher pro bowl vote totals.... 😂

I'm SERIOUSLY hoping either Stef or Gabe or both of them burns this kid multiple times today.

I mean, what's a bold prediction if not bold. Sauce is great and I think people are being a bit dramatic about the holding stuff since it was pointed out earlier this week. That seemed to open the flood gates on these newfound complaints

With a balance attack, the Bills will be fine. Diggs will get his.

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

I mean, what's a bold prediction if not bold. Sauce is great and I think people are being a bit dramatic about the holding stuff since it was pointed out earlier this week. That seemed to open the flood gates on these newfound complaints

Yep. Media gotta media. When you play in New Jersey and you’re goin’ up against a powerhouse from New York, ya gotta talk some trash cuz you’ll be yesterdays news tomorrow.

🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Happy Game Day Morning, TBD! .... I hope you have a wonderful day. It's only two weeks until the really big day, so get out early and make a dent in your Christmas  shopping--or at least think about what you might get for your wife (come on, the clock is ticking). And then settle in and watch our boys beat the J-E-T-S into submission and back into the bottom of the AFC cellar along side the Evil Empire from NE, right where both belong. ....  It's going to be a fun game.

LETS GO BUFFALO!

• Like (+1) 1

• BuffaloBill pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic
2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yep. Media gotta media. When you play in New Jersey and you’re goin’ up against a powerhouse from New York, ya gotta talk some trash cuz you’ll be yesterdays news tomorrow.

🤷‍♂️

Chandman, I love the Law and Order theme.  Dun, dun.

Im hopeful we hear a lot of this ..

NOONE CIRCLES THE WAGONS LIKE THE BUFFALO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

im begging jets run a heavy zone. took bills by surprise last time. wont this time

• Agree 1

We have not been home for a MONTH, I fear Josh more than Mike White, use Cook and Little dirty plays well vs NYJ, no pressure on Josh for MVP just be Josh and we will be fine, we have been in these games before Jets not so much,

• rooting for Browns today they give Bengals fits 
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.