NFL Week 7 - Around the NFL - Gameday thread (Bills have bye)

BuffaloBill

2 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

He gets a lot of wide open looks. There’s a very small part of the field that he is accurate in.

That's a good point. Tua can mostly hit college-open guys within a 20 yard radius. Or, put it in range of a guy open by 5 yards downfield. He doesn't try against tight coverage because he doesn't have that club in his bag. A man's got to know his limitations.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

He already beat the Bills. He's a proven winner his whole career. With that said, the Bills are the superior team but don't under estimate the Tua factor. 

He beat the Bills practice squad and still only put up 185 yards + a TD. Should’ve had a pick 6. Yes, he won. Tua is an excellent game manager with the ability to pull a great game out of his *** once in a blue.

He’ll never be able to consistently put a team on his back the way guys like Allen or Mahomes do. He just has too many physical limitations. He’s a glorified Kirk Cousins and even that’s being generous. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Apparently newcam has taken that position 

Tua was knocked silly. Came back in the game and lead his team to victory against the daunted Bills. I bet he doesn't even remember playing the 2nd half. He was on auto pilot and made a great deep pass to beat the Bills. Got to give him some credit. Sure the Bills had so many injuries and the heat. I get that but the fact remains a wobbled and concussed Tua willed his team to a win. It was a classic David vs Goliath. Tua isn't great or elite. However, he can be a very effective system passer and his team believes in him. That goes a long way in getting wins. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

He’ll never be able to consistently put a team on his back the way guys like Allen or Mahomes do

Well, there's quite a bit of distance between Allen/Mahomes and the rest of the league. I don't think anyone expects him to hit that level. Ryan Tannehill? Derek Carr? I think right now Miami would be happy with that.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

He's just not dedicated to his craft. Doesn't put in the work. Anti-process.

I like the idea of the soft rush in the rematch, get in his throwing lanes and don't let him see, bat balls, force him to elevate the ball to get passes over Groot and the other trees like J Phillips and Daquon. Should be fun fun fun for the zone DBs.

Can you really blame Claypool though? With QBs throwing to him like a geriatric Roethlisburger, Trubisky, or Pickett? It’s frustrating to WATCH. I can only imagine how annoying it is for him.

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Not always. It is when you have an established franchise QB, but a lot of people here basically argued that he's a no more than a young version of Teddy Bridgewater. So that's the comparison here.

I mean, I'm sure that guys like Garrapollo, Fields, Davis Mills & Brissett are better than their backups, but it doesn't make them good QBs.

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Tua was knocked silly. Came back in the game and lead his team to victory against the daunted Bills. I bet he doesn't even remember playing the 2nd half. He was on auto pilot and made a great deep pass to beat the Bills. Got to give him some credit. Sure the Bills had so many injuries and the heat. I get that but the fact remains a wobbled and concussed Tua willed his team to a win. It was a classic David vs Goliath. Tua isn't great or elite. However, he can be a very effective system passer and his team believes in him. That goes a long way in getting wins. 

He didn't beat us. WE beat us.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Maybe you had a concussion. It’s a reasonable explanation for you takes. 

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

There’s no denying that he’s a gamer and can pull out an ugly win. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

It says that he doesnt attack outside the middle of the field accept for screens, quick hitters, and a few moonballs that take 10 minutes to get there.

Well, I don’t think that’s what it says, and I don’t think that’s what his completion chart says, but his deep balls undeniably do take a while.

Tua has some curious body work. 
Most quarterbacks move people around with their eyes, he almost turns his hips then snaps back to the other side of the field. I don’t watch college so I don’t know if he did it there, I don’t recall seeing it in Miami until this year. But once he makes that motion the throw comes out right away. Part of his footwork I guess. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well, there's quite a bit of distance between Allen/Mahomes and the rest of the league. I don't think anyone expects him to hit that level. Ryan Tannehill? Derek Carr? I think right now Miami would be happy with that.

I like Joe Burrows. He's a distance 3rd in my book. However, he's a winner, leader, has that it factor, and is clutch in crucial moments. Doesn't have the big arm but it's good enough. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.