Christian McCaffrey traded to the 49ers for multiple 2nd day draft picks

Draconator

I'm not dismissing the 49ers. They can make the Super Bowl. Jimmy Garappolo is their QB. He's led them to a Super Bowl appearance and he was about to do it again.

49ers has, arguably, the 2nd best defense in the league currently. Eagles has something to say about that. Buffalo Bills being number one of course. I wouldn't be surprised if the Super Bowl is Buffalo vs San Francisco.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin

2 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

I wanted CMC but not at that cost. I think once we were priced out beane held his ground which I like he didn’t over pay

I agree but can you imagine having CMC on the Bills roster? Damn! How would teams be able to stop the Bills offense? Would that kind of all in move  almost secured a Super Bowl victory? Nothing is a sure thing but man a healthy CMC in a Bills uniform would have been sweet. With that said, the price was too high and I still like the Bills chances without CMC. Plus, they don't sacrifice the future draft picks. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

This is a lazy, bad take. As soon as lance got hurt, I got on here and said the 49ers are going to the SB and  I bet the 49ers to win the SB. Jimmy isn’t a great qb but he’s the best person to run the Shanahan offense. Yes I think the bills are better but there’s no value in betting them to win the SB. I got the Niners at +2000 which was a stupid steal considering how awful the NFC is. Unless you trust Hurts to play well against that 49ers D, which I certainly don’t. Face it, it’s either us or KC against SF at this point unless Jimmy gets hurt too which he might. At least CMC didn’t go to KC but we will see him in February. 

Not in today's NFL. Even though the 49ers have a great D they won't be able to shut the Bills or Chiefs down completely. Do you see Jimmy G matching Allen/Mahomes score for score if the game opens up. I don't.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

Not in today's NFL. Even though the 49ers have a great D they won't be able to shut the Bills or Chiefs down completely. Do you see Jimmy G matching Allen/Mahomes score for score if the game opens up. I don't.

It’s not a score for score matchup against that 49ers D. They shut you down and you have to hope your D does the same. Rarely do they get into shootouts. They’ve had an odd season so far with injuries, etc but the nfc is just simply absolute dog ***** and Niners are just sitting there eventually getting healthy and they’re built to play in the cold and go on the road. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

I would have done a 2nd and that's it. If they wanted a 1, they would be paying a crap ton of money. No way I am giving up 2-4 this year and a 5 next year...

This next draft should have some real nice RB prospects and I would rather look there for a guy - this price is insane...

Lmao at drafting an RB again. We have spent a 2nd and two 3rds trying to find an RB in the last 3 years. that’s basically the same price as CMC without the payoff.

Edited by FireChans
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Aurelius said:

Waaaay too expensive for my taste.  Glad Bills didn’t trade 4 high picks for him.  Def not worth it for where we are at.  Can legit rebuild an offensive line with all those pics. 

2 "high" picks 2nd and 3rd.

4th and 5th are mid.

Is that a steep cost? Right now our backfield has a 2nd rounder and two 3rd rounders invested in it and look where we are,  meh. 2 JAGs and need to give Cook time. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

It’s not a score for score matchup against that 49ers D. They shut you down and you have to hope your D does the same. Rarely do they get into shootouts. They’ve had an odd season so far with injuries, etc but the nfc is just simply absolute dog ***** and Niners are just sitting there eventually getting healthy and they’re built to play in the cold and go on the road. 

I agree with you. The 49ers and their defense is extremely dangerous. An elite defense  (a healthy 49ers defense is elite) can shut down or contain an elite offense. Look at what the Tampa Bay defense did to KC and Mahomes. Add on the 49ers will likely control the clock with their running game. Their path to the Super Bowl is substainally higher. I absolutely think they can win it all. 

I can't believe you got +2000. That is amazing. If they make a Super Bowl appearance you should consider some hedge bets. 

Edited by newcam2012

7 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

I agree this makes them the favorites in the NFC assuming CMC can stay healthy. The Bills D is pretty good also so I think they can do a good job against the 49ers offense. I would trust Allen to make the play that wins the game over Jimmy G. We will see how it plays out. A Bills - 49ers Super Bowl would be fun to watch. You know Chris Berman would love that.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Bills were never in on this like most that actually pay attention thought.

This was never a move that made any sense for the Bills.

I agree but I absolutely think Beane called to see if a move could work. He will always try to make a benifical move off the opportunity is there. 

5 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

2 "high" picks 2nd and 3rd.

4th and 5th are mid.

Is that a steep cost? Right now our backfield has a 2nd rounder and two 3rd rounders invested in it and look where we are,  meh. 2 JAGs and need to give Cook time. 

I would have been fine with the Bills giving a 2 and a 3 for CMC. 

6 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Mercy that’s a ton of draft capital and cap hit going forward. No way would I wanted to give up that much for a RB. San Fran already traded away multiple 1st for Lance so I’m stunned how much they gave up for CMC. Good for Carolina to get what they got.

All reports have indicated Carolina wanted 1st round picks. I'm not sure they got what they wanted. 

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I agree with you. The 49ers and their defense is extremely dangerous. An elite defense  (a healthy 49ers defense is elite) can shut down or contain an elite offense. Look at what the Tampa Bay defense did to KC and Mahomes. Add on the 49ers will likely control the clock with their running game. Their path to the Super Bowl is substainally higher. I absolutely think they can win it all. 

I can't believe you got +2000. Think is amazing. If they make a Super Bowl appearance you should consider some hedge bets. 

That +2000 is now only +1400 but will obviously go down from here unless Jimmy gets hurt. It was still +1800 yesterday until CMC got traded. It’s too much value not to take. I mean yeah they may have to play on the road in the NFC conf championship but so what? Their defense isn’t going to shut down Hurts or Dak or 45 year old Brady? Please. It’s a long season and they’ve been banged up but the lance injury was the best thing that could happen to them this year and their other guys will be back soon. Their bad injury luck is over this year probably so fully healthy they’re easily the best nfc team. I HATE the potential matchup for the bills. I couldn’t possibly hate it any more to be honest. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Mercy that’s a ton of draft capital and cap hit going forward. No way would I wanted to give up that much for a RB. San Fran already traded away multiple 1st for Lance so I’m stunned how much they gave up for CMC. Good for Carolina to get what they got.

Agreed.   It will only be worth it if the win the SB and he stays healthy for several years.

5 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Eagles defense isnt as good as a healthy 49ers defense.

Only difference with the offense is qb play which is big but Hurts isnt unbeatable. 49ers have much better weapons.

100%. Eagles will get 1 seed but only because their schedule couldn’t be any easier. They’re going to get punked in the playoffs. 

I can’t believe you guys not wanting to pay for CMC. Heck I’d have given them our last 3 2nd rounders easily.

Cook

Epenesa

Ford

A bust and 2 backups. 

Would have been a cheap price to pay for an elite RB instead of using an average RB and teams not needing to be worried about our run game 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DJB said:

I can’t believe you guys not wanting to pay for CMC. Heck I’d have given them our last 3 2nd rounders easily.

Cook

Epenesa

Ford

A bust and 2 backups. 

Would have been a cheap price to pay for an elite RB instead of using an average RB and teams not needing to be worried about our run game 

spicy

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, DJB said:

Cook

Epenesa

Ford

A bust and 2 backups. 

Cody Ford is a starter for Thursday Night Football winning Arizona Cardinals, so between Cook and Epenesa who is the backup and who is the bust?

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, DJB said:

Cook

Epenesa

Ford

A bust and 2 backups. 

Beane didn't want to pay the price and that is all that matters. CMC is elite when healthy but that is a big if. If the Bills make any moves before the trade deadline I hope it's to improve the OL.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, DJB said:

Cook

Epenesa

Ford

A bust and 2 backups. 

The goal is to hit on those picks, not to retroactively plan on missing on them and giving future ones away... 

• Like (+1) 5

Would have loved to have him, but apparently teams were willing to give up more than I would have.  I could see a 2nd round pick, maybe a little more In 2024, but that’s a lot of picks for a guy with his injury history.   I guess the 9ers are comfortable rolling with CMC and Lance next year, it’s all they can afford and they have no draft.. yikes.  I don’t see it pushing them over the top, maybe I’m wrong.  Hopefully, it helps them beat KC next week 😂

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

This is a lazy, bad take. As soon as lance got hurt, I got on here and said the 49ers are going to the SB and  I bet the 49ers to win the SB. Jimmy isn’t a great qb but he’s the best person to run the Shanahan offense. Yes I think the bills are better but there’s no value in betting them to win the SB. I got the Niners at +2000 which was a stupid steal considering how awful the NFC is. Unless you trust Hurts to play well against that 49ers D, which I certainly don’t. Face it, it’s either us or KC against SF at this point unless Jimmy gets hurt too which he might. At least CMC didn’t go to KC but we will see him in February. 

The Niners were trying to dump Jimmy G this past off season.  He's a turnover machine.  They have a good roster but their QB spot is a big question mark.  The NFC is down this year no doubt but the Niners are 3 games behind the Eagles for #1 seed.  You're counting on Jimmy G to win 3 playoff games just to reach the Super Bowl.  

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

What are you basing this on?  They’ve played nobody and are still 3-3.  Their remaking schedule is brutal.  Only way I see them getting into the playoffs is winning their Division.  Rams might have something to say about that and if the Cardinals can get healthy they might contend as well.  

I’m basing it on their defensive talent (when healthy) and the fact they have some playmakers on offense (Kittle, Deebo, now CMC) and run Shanahan’s scheme very well.  If Jimmy G isn’t asked to be a hero he’s a very competent game manager who can make some plays.

You don’t have to agree with me.  It’s ok.  We’ll find out by the end of the season.

9 hours ago, Draconator said:

Way too much for a player with a history of being injured,  I still believe the Bills should see if Josh Jacobs from the Raiders is available.  I don't think he would cost as much because only signed through this season.  I like Singletary but I do not trust him or Moss on 3rd and short,  a couple of plays on Sunday in the 4th quarter he did too much dancing and we need him to just go hard upfield. Teams are loading up to stop our passing attack,  a more explosive RB will have big games and better production.

3 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Way too much for a player with a history of being injured,  I still believe the Bills should see if Josh Jacobs from the Raiders is available.  I don't think he would cost as much because only signed through this season.  I like Singletary but I do not trust him or Moss on 3rd and short,  a couple of plays on Sunday in the 4th quarter he did too much dancing and we need him to just go hard upfield. Teams are loading up to stop our passing attack,  a more explosive RB will have big games and better production.

IMO Jacobs isnt an upgrade. Grass is always greener. Feel like Singletary has done more with less.

8 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Source tells me their sources have told them sources have confirmed GM Brandon Beane has feelers out to MULTIPLE teams.

?????

Now there's some real quality work right there. Not sure if the writing is worse or the "journalism."

It's no wonder this country is in decline. Read crap like that long enough and you'll be back to coloring books in a few months.

8 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

It was posted after: It's a 2, 3 & 4 this year plus a 5 next year (SF traded their 1 to Miami)

Yes... the moral of the story (again) is that It's always better to read through AND THEN post... Or as a construction foreman might say, "what you're looking for isn't always gonna be on the top."

8 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Doesn’t sound like he was ever in on it at all.

Considering they were in Carolina when he was taken 8th overall, McBeane likely loves McCaffrey... it's likely the Bills saw which direction things were going and dropped out early.

6 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

If they cut bait with him cut or trade him in the offseason SF wouldn't owe him another penny or have any cap hit. This is why I, and others, viewed him as a perfect rental and gamble.

The Niners are not going to cut McCaffrey under any circumstances. It's not in the realm of possibility.

1 minute ago, What a Tuel said:

IMO Jacobs isnt an upgrade. Grass is always greener. Feel like Singletary has done more with less.

I like to see Singletary running behind a decent OL. This is something that will have to wait until the offseason but I expect Beane to focus on the OL like he did the DL this past offseason.

Beane is smart. 

We've seen two years in a row, this WR group fall apart at the wrong time. 

In 2020 it was Beasley and John Brown hobbling, and Davis hurt against the Ravens. 

In 2021, Beasley was out of gas, Sanders was useless, and Diggs was shut down, leaving Gabe Davis. 

So take no chances, if Beckham or Chase Claypool are available, of course, he needs to be looking into it. 

Diggs - Davis - Claypool - Shakir is better than Diggs - Davis - Shakir - McKenzie. 

19 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

The Niners were trying to dump Jimmy G this past off season.  He's a turnover machine.  They have a good roster but their QB spot is a big question mark.  The NFC is down this year no doubt but the Niners are 3 games behind the Eagles for #1 seed.  You're counting on Jimmy G to win 3 playoff games just to reach the Super Bowl.  

He’s done it once already and almost did last year. The path to the SB in the NFC couldn’t be drawn up easier. Hurts, Cousins, Dak, washed Rodgers, 45 year old Brady. Which of that pile of crap are you picking to beat them?  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.