Week 8: SNF Packers at Bills (-10.5) 10/30 8:20pm

Process

27 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Packers have a novel full of bulletin board material. I hate all this coming from the media. 

Hopefully the Bills recognize this and get their heads right and come out and match the intensity that the packers will have

I forgot who it was, maybe Kyle Williams....but he said bulletin board material intensity only lasts until about the first or second drive.  After that, it's just regular football.

The Bills had a novel full of bulletin board material for 17 years and lost most of the time.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Packers have a novel full of bulletin board material. I hate all this coming from the media. 

Hopefully the Bills recognize this and get their heads right and come out and match the intensity that the packers will have

So the Packers chose to play well based on how the media discounts them? Wouldn't that have occurred after they got beat by the Giants in London? Or after getting beat by the lowly Jets at home, surely they would have beaten the Commanders with a backup qb? 

It says a lot if they only get fired up because a team that is actually better is favored...

5 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

So the Packers chose to play well based on how the media discounts them? Wouldn't that have occurred after they got beat by the Giants in London? Or after getting beat by the lowly Jets at home, surely they would have beaten the Commanders with a backup qb? 

It says a lot if they only get fired up because a team that is actually better is favored...

We're going to have bulletin board material against us for every game this season since we're going to be favored by a lot in each game.

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

This game was awesome! The legendary "Baccari f---n Rambo" picked off Rodgers not once, but twice in this game and Marcus Thigpen returned a punt for a score on a day when Kyle Orton's passing attack was... well, as expected of a Kyle Orton passing attack. What a hilariously awesome win! 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

man that Green Bay receiver corps is a shambles.   Is a hobbled Watkins really gonna be their WR1?

It might be the worst WR corps in the NFL. 

I also don’t think their defense is great. Their passing defense has padded their stats on the following QB’s:

Justin Fields - 70yds passing

Tom Brady - we have now witnessed how bad that passing attack has gotten

Zappe/Hoyer - brutal

Daniel Jones

Zach Wilson

Heinecki 

The best QB they played was Kirk Cousins week 1 and he had a great game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

It might be the worst WR corps in the NFL. 

I also don’t think their defense is great. Their passing defense has padded their stats on the following QB’s:

Justin Fields - 70yds passing

Tom Brady - we have now witnessed how bad that passing attack has gotten

Zappe/Hoyer - brutal

Daniel Jones

Zach Wilson

Heinecki 

The best QB they played was Kirk Cousins week 1 and he had a great game. 

Good lord. Bills defense would feast on those QB's. And the Bucs game I think they were without all their WR's. They were playing Cole Beasley off the street.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

For a Primetime game the coverage of the teams has been comically lopsided. Except the team getting the lack of coverage happens to be the vegas favorite to win the super bowl.... its weird man.

This league's obsessive infatuation to hold on to the Rodgers/ Brady narrative is becoming desperate. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Good lord. Bills defense would feast on those QB's. And the Bucs game I think they were without all their WR's. They were playing Cole Beasley off the street.

The packers are 3-4 playing against some of the worst QB’s/passing attacks in the NFL this season.

The Packers are a brutally bad team and if there was any question remaining, it’ll be answered on Sunday when the Bills are up 30 by the start of the 4th quarter. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I dont think it has sunk in yet how spoiled we are getting with this team. Those point differential numbers are nuts. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I'm curious what they count as primetime games. Are they including post season here?

Pro football reference has him with a 6-3 record in primetime games which is under the minimum of 10 games in the quoted stat. And a passer rating of 105.3, below the quoted 108.6

Pro football reference is using 7pm or later kickoffs as primetime games.

10 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I'm curious what they count as primetime games. Are they including post season here?

Pro football reference has him with a 6-3 record in primetime games which is under the minimum of 10 games in the quoted stat. And a passer rating of 105.3, below the quoted 108.6

Pro football reference is using 7pm or later kickoffs as primetime games.

I have Josh as 9-3 in 7:00 or later starts since the start of the 2020 season, includes playoffs.  Now those are 7:00 Eastern time and some games were out west, maybe that is skewing PFR's numbers?

Also, how great must it be for a Northern California kid to be on these lists with Montana and Young?

14 minutes ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

I have Josh as 9-3 in 7:00 or later starts since the start of the 2020 season, includes playoffs.  Now those are 7:00 Eastern time and some games were out west, maybe that is skewing PFR's numbers?

Also, how great must it be for a Northern California kid to be on these lists with Montana and Young?

That's a .750 win percentage so while close to the quoted stats something is still missing.

I think they are these games and they include the playoffs. 8-3 equals the quoted .727 win percentage.

image.png.691487ca66f18bfead34cffaab382fff.png

Didn't Allen grow up a Patriots/Brady fan?

18 hours ago, BananaB said:

Once a year Sammy has a great game where he puts up all kinds of fantasy points, let’s hope it’s not this week. 

I don't think Sammy's had a game >100 yds since 2019 (3 seasons back), and then, it was 1 game of unbelievable stats at the beginning of the season followed by "meh".

To do him credit, his 1st 2 years in B'lo he was putting up 4-5 games a season of monster stats, so perhaps he really does see his time with the Bills fondly in hindsight, now that he's had the chance to be a #3 or #4 WR on a couple of very good teams and fight for the scraps.

The thing is, injuries plagued him while he was young 'n' dumb and I don't think he ever embraced taking care of his body and "mentals" the way others have.  Does he even have a "great game" in him at this point?

Whether or not he does, GNB will need more than 1 guy to step up.

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I think he grew up a fan of him as a California NFL QB which Rogers is as well.

There seem to be a good number of Cali QBs

I found this interesting:

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/31217643/where-do-nfl-quarterbacks-come-best-worst-states-how-changed

I think Josh will obviously be giving California a boost over the coming years.

3 hours ago, Yobogoya! said:

This game was awesome! The legendary "Baccari f---n Rambo" picked off Rodgers not once, but twice in this game and Marcus Thigpen returned a punt for a score on a day when Kyle Orton's passing attack was... well, as expected of a Kyle Orton passing attack. What a hilariously awesome win! 

I was at a bar with a huge Packers fan, she was PIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSED. 

Same when I went to the Bills at Falcons a number of years back, the Tre scoop and score game.

A lot of, how the puck did we lose to the BILLS?!?!?

It's nice now expecting wins and not hoping for some crazy stuff and eking out a win.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well this is great to hear! Probably healthiest they've been since start of season minus Hyde. And Hyde is a major loss to overcome, but with the Dline play being so impressive it has helped making it not as noticeable. I think Brown being out they will be just fine as long as no one else is injuried, Actually I think the Oline may have been a slight bit better when Q came in for him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.