Stefon Diggs Tweet...What you make of it?

Lost

If business is business, then Diggs should acknowledge that he signed a CONTRACT to play for $14M per. Every player has to know that salaries will continue to rise the minute they sign, and if they sign for several years, their salary is going to become obsolete at some point. These guys can't complain about being underpaid, because they should have known it would happen. Oh yeah, and he's making enough money for he and his offspring to live lavishly for a long time.

So if he wants to get bent out of shape over these huge new deals, then I say send him packing. If you aren't happy making $14M a year while playing on a dominant team with an amazing QB and a great culture, where the fans worship you, then F off. Stop comparing yourself to other WRs; take a step back and look at your life for a minute. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

With the skyrocketing cost of the wrs now, I can see a shift away from huge contracts much like the way it changed for rb position. Plus the guys out of college are so developed now and able to step in right away unlike a few years ago. That being said I hope to keep Diggs on the team. Tough decisions for sure

18 hours ago, skibum said:

If business is business, then Diggs should acknowledge that he signed a CONTRACT to play for $14M per. Every player has to know that salaries will continue to rise the minute they sign, and if they sign for several years, their salary is going to become obsolete at some point. These guys can't complain about being underpaid, because they should have known it would happen. Oh yeah, and he's making enough money for he and his offspring to live lavishly for a long time.

So if he wants to get bent out of shape over these huge new deals, then I say send him packing. If you aren't happy making $14M a year while playing on a dominant team with an amazing QB and a great culture, where the fans worship you, then F off. Stop comparing yourself to other WRs; take a step back and look at your life for a minute. 

you're getting angry at Diggs for no reason. he hasn't said a thing about his contract....only people on twitter have brought it up.  Also the business of pro sports is a little different than most businesses

Edited by nucci

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yep. This is getting increasingly scary. I doubt Trevon is just posting this as a random thought. Give the man an extension and some money up front with an out after a few seasons. He's too important to what we're currently building for him to be unhappy or ask for a trade.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

21 hours ago, skibum said:

The players have all the leverage. They sign the contract.. and when they want more, they hold out, or complain until a new deal gets done.. or they get traded and paid. 

It’s too bad the GMs can’t do the reverse for high paid players that suck!

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

The players have all the leverage. They sign the contract.. and when they want more, they hold out, or complain until a new deal gets done.. or they get traded and paid. 

It’s too bad the GMs can’t do the reverse for high paid players that suck!

you mean when they go to players offering pay cuts or just getting released? Most NFL contracts are not guaranteed

Edited by nucci

3 minutes ago, benderbender said:

When i first heard that Trevon wanted to play with his brother, I assumed he wanted Buffalo to trade for him. Why ask your brother to take a step down from a contender, when he could pull you up to the odds on favorite?

I was pissed the Bills didn’t trade up for Trevon…and instead got stuck with Epenesa.

4 hours ago, nucci said:

you mean when they go to players offering pay cuts or just getting released? Most NFL contracts are not guaranteed

Wait, maybe I’m completely out of the loop… but if a player signs a contract and ends up getting released, don’t they still get paid for the duration of their contact?  

3 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Wait, maybe I’m completely out of the loop… but if a player signs a contract and ends up getting released, don’t they still get paid for the duration of their contact?  

On second thought, in a rare moment of clarity, suppose it’s just the ‘guaranteed’ part that gets paid. 

9 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

On second thought, in a rare moment of clarity, suppose it’s just the ‘guaranteed’ part that gets paid. 

NFL contracts are weird and I don’t understand why the players keep agreeing to them. But unless it’s “fully guaranteed” it’s not really guaranteed. 

If you read “$50 million guaranteed” it doesn’t actually mean fully guaranteed. There are different types of guaranteed money. Could just be injury guarantees. If it’s just injury guarantees he can be released without getting that money.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.