Bye bye Beasley

HappyDays

I hope we have a vet in mind to replace him, I was good releasing him with McKissic in the fold but now that we don't we need to find a veteran to replace him. I'd be okay with a one year rental and drafting a kid to develop yet I'm not 100% sold on McKenzie and a rookie alone filling the role especially with no Manny Sanders too. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Draconator said:

That was a winning tweet.

but, I have to admit that this is a disappointing day. I really appreciated Cole’s contribution to this team over the past seasons. He has been an elite slot wide receiver and should be appreciated for that. We can all wish him nothing but the best for the future.

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Magox said:

Loved what he brought to the table.  Came up big in big games, super dependable, tough and very productive for the Bills.

Great signing and helped Josh in his development.   He will be missed but it’s the right move.

Great and correct post!

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I hope we have a vet in mind to replace him, I was good releasing him with McKissic in the fold but now that we don't we need to find a veteran to replace him. I'd be okay with a one year rental and drafting a kid to develop yet I'm not 100% sold on McKenzie and a rookie alone filling the role especially with no Manny Sanders too. 

I'm guessing Mckenzie is going to be the slot WR, they can still sign someone obviously but this is my guess.

• Sad 1
  • Angry 1
  • Agree 1

He was amazing in 2020.  Absolutely unreal.  He caught everything around him and made so many clutch grabs.

2021, not so much. I believe he played with broken ribs much of the season which can't be fun but it really looked like he lost a step.  The insane separation he used to get and the automatic YAC wasn't there.  He was still a dependable chain mover but he had a few drops.  Probably unfair to compare his performance against 2020 but its a natural thing to do.

Time to get younger and more explosive.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.