Bye bye Beasley

HappyDays

3 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Lots of terrible jokes and blatant disrespect incoming

Yep truly sad, this actually creates a big hole and no McKenzie is not a some sort of drop in replacement no matter how hard some folks beat that drum.

Hoping the window is not 100% closed on Beasely returning on a much cheaper 1 year deal.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I hope we have a vet in mind to replace him, I was good releasing him with McKissic in the fold but now that we don't we need to find a veteran to replace him. I'd be okay with a one year rental and drafting a kid to develop yet I'm not 100% sold on McKenzie and a rookie alone filling the role especially with no Manny Sanders too. 

McKissic was not a replacement for Beasley.  He was a back with great hands and strong YAC.

I think it's possible that Dorsey and Brady want to make more use of TE in the short/intermediate passing game.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Doesnt mean he wont come back at lower offer

That's what I am thinking...he may find out that nobody is going to offer him a lot more than what the Bills would.  

He may have lost some speed...hard to tell really.  His opportunities weren't as plentiful week in week out in 2021.  Guy still had great hands...clutch 3rd down receiver. That isn't something that is so easy to replace.

Edited by Buftex
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Steptide said:

99% gaurentee he ends up with the giants 

I'm sure he'll have better options with a contender and the vaccination stuff is a non issue now especially with the NFL dropping all covid protocals.

Don't be surprised if he ends up with one of the AFC West powerhouses as they all have QB's and offenses that would love to add a player like him to the mix especially Josh McDaniels and his fetish for pesky slot type of guys like Edleman/Welker/etc.

Mixed emotions on this one. At times he was an ass. But the guy played his heart out, produced, and showed up even when injured. He undoubtedly helped in Josh’s development and was a part of our evolution as a team. 

Wish him well wherever he lands. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

He was amazing in 2020.  Absolutely unreal.  He caught everything around him and made so many clutch grabs.

2021, not so much. I believe he played with broken ribs much of the season which can't be fun but it really looked like he lost a step.  The insane separation he used to get and the automatic YAC wasn't there.  He was still a dependable chain mover but he had a few drops.  Probably unfair to compare his performance against 2020 but its a natural thing to do.

Time to get younger and more explosive.

Even before he broke his ribs, the intermediate passing game wasn't there.  Defenses had come up with a plan against it and they rode it until we showed they couldn't.

He was a huge contributor to Josh's development and to our offense the last 3 years.  Small shoes, but a big role to fill somehow!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.