Bye bye Beasley

HappyDays

10 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

It’s definitely the right move to let him go, but let’s not pretend like this is an easy fill. Beasley has been insanely clutch for this team. We are not a better offense without him even with him on the decline. 

Don't forget about McKenzie's monster game against New England last December.  And also the season finale against Miami in 2020.  McKenzie can make plays when given the chance.  He will be a very solid contributor this coming season, if he can take the pounding. 

That being said.  I loved what Beasley did as a Buffalo Bill.  The man was an awesome receiver for us.  But his speed is declining due to injuries.  And that is football.  A big salute to him as a football player.  And also as a person for standing up for his individual rights as an American citizen.  He is a hero for that in many circles.  Maybe not in Western New York.  But where he comes from and many other places, he sure as hell is.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Dependable. Rarely dropped passes thrown to him. He was the go-to guy over the middle for first downs.

I'll take that skill over that of the speedster with poor concentration who frequently drops passes in clutch situations. 

Still good, but not quite the same after the haircut. 😏

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Wiz said:

It' doesn't free up the money until then though so there is no point in doing it if we can't sign someone to replace him until then.

Sure there is.  He isnt going to play here.  Release him to let him find another team if he TRULY wants to play football again (i dont think he does) that is how FOs maintain respect of players. 

He will not be in the Bills uniform in September move on.  You have replacements in Phillips, Jones, Settle the writing is on the wall.

• Vomit 1

20 minutes ago, galept said:

You may be disappointed, then. Don't be surprised if they just go with McKenzie.

I think it’s pretty certain they take a slot wr myself, having McKenzie and the rookie compete for the slot role. I can’t see the Bills just rolling with McKenzie, it’s too much of a gamble, and they didn’t pay him like they are going to lean on him. 

To be clear, I like McKenzie and would love to see him succeed. I just see the Bills hedging their bets a hit with the slot role. 

Edited by Tanoros

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Release him to let him find another team if he TRULY wants to play football again (i dont think he does) that is how FOs maintain respect of players. 

Typically, yes, cut them now and let them find a team.

After the BS he pulled with Covid, who cares? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 3
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.