Comp picks announced

YoloinOhio

14 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Hope we can take a rest from the Pats comp pick references  for a while..

Yeah, not to be a grouch. but those, and the jokes about the Carolina pipeline, Gronk, etc. are getting old.

Edited by chongli
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Hope we can take a rest from the Pats comp pick references  for a while..

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

This just in: for not be awarded any comp picks this year, the Cheaters...are be awarded a comp pick.

About 3 minutes.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

this shiz is stoooooopid! so big damn mystery that nobody understands and can calculate? i trust the league as much as i trust the government

its actually not hard at all but the mystique surrounding it years ago still gets to people. Did you gain more non cut free agents than you lost. Oh you gained more? No comp pick

Did you lose more than you gained? Yes? How many? 2 more? 2 comp picks. How much money did they make? That slots into what round you get as a pick 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

this shiz is stoooooopid! so big damn mystery that nobody understands and can calculate? i trust the league as much as i trust the government

We knew last May that we weren't getting any comp picks. And on April 23rd, we'll know exactly how many we are getting in 2023 (not the rounds however).

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

its actually not hard at all but the mystique surrounding it years ago still gets to people. Did you gain more non cut free agents than you lost. Oh you gained more? No comp pick

Did you lose more than you gained? Yes? How many? 2 more? 2 comp picks. How much money did they make? That slots into what round you get as a pick 

I havent done a comparison but it feels like we lost more than we signed....

Edited by What a Tuel

22 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

I havent done a comparison but it feels like we lost more than we signed....

even so far. Players we cut don’t count. So no Williams, Klein when they sign. So far we’re even gained 3 lost 3.

Gained

Jones 

Settle

McKissic

Lost:

Trubisky

Wallace

Phillips

Saffold doesn’t count as he was cut by the Titans

• Like (+1) 1

Dam 9 3rd round picks.  That effectively pushes our late fourth round pick down by almost a 1/3rd of a full round.  

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

even so far. Players we cut don’t count. So no Williams, Klein when they sign. So far we’re even gained 3 lost 3.

Gained

Jones 

Settle

McKissic

Lost:

Trubisky

Wallace

Phillips

Saffold doesn’t count as he was cut by the Titans

If Addison and Hughes sign elsewhere Bills can still add Chandler Jones.  Contract for Wallace was lower than I would have expected. However in addition to the dollar amount, part of the comp pick assessment is how much they play for their new team.  So if both Trubisky and Wallace start, they might net two 4th's?

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Dam 9 3rd round picks.  That effectively pushes our late fourth round pick down by almost a 1/3rd of a full round.  

If Addison and Hughes sign elsewhere Bills can still add Chandler Jones.  Contract for Wallace was lower than I would have expected. However in addition to the dollar amount, part of the comp pick assessment is how much they play for their new team.  So if both Trubisky and Wallace start, they might net two 4th's?

the pro bowl , contract stuff you heard in the past is a fallacy. The contract only matters for 2 reasons. 

1. Alike contracts for gained and lost cancel each other out 

2. Remaining players who didn’t get cancel get slotted for a round based on remaining contract size. 

hope that makes some sense

5 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

the pro bowl , contract stuff you heard in the past is a fallacy. The contract only matters for 2 reasons. 

1. Alike contracts for gained and lost cancel each other out 

2. Remaining players who didn’t get cancel get slotted for a round based on remaining contract size. 

hope that makes some sense

Is that true? I know the process is opaque but I thought playing time and performance mattered in determining the value of the comp pick. 

Just now, Ethan in Portland said:

Is that true? I know the process is opaque but I thought playing time and performance mattered in determining the value of the comp pick. 

when we lost Stephon Gilmore and he went on to be a pro bowler  the next season did we get any pick for him despite getting one of the highest paid CB salaries at the time? The answer is no. It doesn’t matter near as much as people try to make it out 

6 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

when we lost Stephon Gilmore and he went on to be a pro bowler  the next season did we get any pick for him despite getting one of the highest paid CB salaries at the time? The answer is no. It doesn’t matter near as much as people try to make it out 

That's because we weren't net negative in free agent signings. You have to be net negative first.  Then and only then does the contract and I still think performance with the new team determine the value of the comp pick. 

15 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

That's because we weren't net negative in free agent signings. You have to be net negative first.  Then and only then does the contract and I still think performance with the new team determine the value of the comp pick. 

yes ik that. It doesn’t matter I’m telling you just go on over the cap they have a whole system and they get like 95% of the right every year 

Some of those comp picks should be from minority coaching hires, well at least the third rounder for BAL is thanks to David Culley and the 49ers thanks to Robert Saleh. Too bad Frazier didn’t get his HC job so we could’ve received a couple thirds.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.