2021 Bills ST coach Heath Farwell joins the Jags

Big Turk

• Big Turk changed the title to 2021 Bills ST coach Heath Farwell joins the Jags
2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

What's Bobby April doing these days? 

Probably hanging out with John Wendling

Also, F Bobby April. His insistence that he has 12 STers and no backup defenders meant putting guys on IR in week 3 so we could sign someone off the street to start at LB. He was given way too much power and made the team worse

Edited by Captain Hindsight
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

That Chiefs kick off cost him. You aren’t cutting Bass to make a point (nor should they), so the ST coach is the fall guy. As long as they don’t drag Danny Crossman back here, I’m good with it. 

Depends what happened.  I don’t think Bass went rogue.  He didn’t know what the call was and it’s been speculated that Farwell couldn’t or didn’t get it to him for whatever reason.  I think the coach is more accountable than the player in that situation 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

Just now, JohnNord said:

Depends what happened.  I don’t think Bass went rogue.  He didn’t know what the call was and it’s been speculated that Farwell couldn’t or didn’t get it to him for whatever reason.  I think the coach is more accountable than the player in that situation 

I mean why wouldn't the BIlls call timeout in that situation then to make sure they were on the same page??  Unless they cannot call a TO before the kickoff

Just now, JohnNord said:

But then what do you do about players being out of position on defense during the final 13 seconds?

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Process said:

Was his contract up or did they fire him?

It’s hard to say.  Last month it was announced that Bobby Johnson was leaving.  He wasn’t technically fired but his contract was expired.

Considering that Farwell was also hired in 2019, it’s possible the same thing happened to him.  Regardless, whatever happened in KC definitely had an affect on this decision  

4 minutes ago, Process said:

I'd the reports about the kickoff were true the Bills didn't have a choice but to let him go. No way you can keep him after that all time bad blunder.l, no matter how good of a coach he is. 

There’s some key details we don’t know.  Was Farwell just so disorganized that he couldn’t get the call to Bass in time?  Did he simply not double-check with Bass and assumed he was going to kick short?  Or did Bass simply fail to execute a short kick?

So many questions we will likely never know  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I mean overall I thought our ST have been pretty good, have done pretty well in punt/kick coverage and when McKenzie was actually making returns he was doing pretty well on average return yards.

The punting situation has been horrible under Farwell and too many valuable roster spots allocated to ST only type of guys like Matakevich, Jones, etc.

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

The punting situation has been horrible under Farwell and too many valuable roster spots allocated to ST only type of guys like Matakevich, Jones, etc.

Every team has ST only guys. 

I love being able to tell you that your posts suck. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 8

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

We haven't had a good punter, not sure how much of that is on him, every team has Special Team focused players and Farwell doesn't have control of the roster.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.