Jim Harbaugh is going back to Michigan.

Protocal69

8 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Yawn.. He’s nothing special 

Except for his ability to take every program he has been to to the upper echelon….

What possesses people to make such inane comments?

Edited by TH3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3

6 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Except for his ability to take every program he has been to to the upper echelon….

What possesses people to make such inane comments?

He’s 61-24 at Michigan.  At a school that prestigious with its history that’s nothing special.  Average of over 5 losses a season.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Minnesota going with the Giants DC now? Wonder if the Flores lawsuit is trickling in here. I would HATE to be a team with an open HC job at the moment. It's a 100% lose/lose for them.

This is what I believe. It's part of the fallout from Floresgate. It actually wouldn't surprise me if the NFL made a direct appeal to Zygi Wilf to make a minority hire... to "take one for the team" to mitigate the possibly hundreds of millions in damage to the league.

6 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

He’s 61-24 at Michigan.  At a school that prestigious with its history that’s nothing special.  Average of over 5 losses a season.  

Were you watching them in the ten years prior to harbaugh’s arrival? That program was a clown show before he showed up. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

College is a different beast. he can’t recruit as well as his competitors. I think he is a good coach, but mediocre recruiter. And there’s no way he can recruit against the SEC. I think he is better suited as an NFL coach. 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Were you watching them in the ten years prior to harbaugh’s arrival? That program was a clown show before he showed up. 

Michigan was a clown show even after Harbaugh arrived in 2015... right up until last year. Until this season he had not beaten Ohio State and he has a losing record against Michigan State. Their success this season had a lot to do with the fact that they had something like 30 returning seniors.

Harbaugh has restored respectability to the program but I think it would be an exaggeration to give him much more credit than that... he has not been a miracle worker. He has not come near the success that Meyer had with OSU for instance.

2 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Michigan was a clown show even after Harbaugh arrived in 2015... right up until last year. Until this season he had not beaten Ohio State and he has a losing record against Michigan State. Their success this season had a lot to do with the fact that they had something like 30 returning seniors.

Harbaugh has restored respectability to the program but I think it would be an exaggeration to give him much more credit than that... he has not been a miracle worker. He has not come near the success that Meyer had with OSU for instance.

That was really my point. Nobody is arguing that Michigan is a blue chip program or will be at some point. Ten wins and a decent bowl game is a good season for them. Going to the CFP is incredible, but not an expectation. 

40 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Minnesota going with the Giants DC now? Wonder if the Flores lawsuit is trickling in here. I would HATE to be a team with an open HC job at the moment. It's a 100% lose/lose for them.

There’s a right way to do this. Have paperwork documented listing all the pros and cons of each candidate and thoughts of the people he met with. Based your decision based on these documents. And, for the love of God, don’t decided on the position until after all candidates have interviewed. 

One thing I don’t doubt Flores about. There are definitely teams who have already made a decision and are looking to check the box. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

This is what I believe. It's part of the fallout from Floresgate. It actually wouldn't surprise me if the NFL made a direct appeal to Zygi Wilf to make a minority hire... to "take one for the team" to mitigate the possibly hundreds of millions in damage to the league.

I bet there has been discussions about giving extra draft picks to a team that hires a black coach.  Then they decided to not open that can of worms and came up with giving draft picks to a team that allows a black coordinator to take a head coaching position.

33 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

?

Harbaugh wasn’t offered the job. They chose O’Connell

33 minutes ago, LeviF said:

It’s almost like they ranked their candidates or something. Sinister!

Nothing sinister. They chose O’Connell 

Edited by YoloinOhio

52 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Of course, the ironic thing about that would be-

A- Minnesota just hired a minority for their GM job

B- Of all the Caucasian coaches in the process now...Harbaugh would be the one coach that you could justify through qualifications the easiest. 

53 minutes ago, LeviF said:

he literally made a show for himself for the last month while leaving his players in limbo and clearly wants to leave for the NFL, but didn't get the right offer. That's not confidence in the future, or ability to go further, at his current location. It’s never been more clownish up there after just having it’s best season in roughly a quarter century. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Jim Harbaugh is all drama 😂 

But the good news is, it won’t last forever. He doesn’t stay around long. I wouldn’t want him, I like stability like we have with McD. About a  BILLION times over. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.