Brian Flores suing NFL, NY Giants, Dolphins, Broncos.

BillsFan4

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

So you agree there is systemic racism in the player selection.  Coaching is close to the racial breakdown of the general population.  Minoritys are 500% over represented among players.  The only possible explanation is systemic racism.  Please don't try to tell me the NFL selects its player on merit not race. 

So nothing odd about having a league with 69% of players who are black but only 3 black head coaches and 3 general managers? Do players not want these jobs?

1 minute ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Didn’t we just interview two Rooney rule Canadidates who probably had no shot while we waited for Dorsey lol 

That's one way to look at it for sure.  But interviewing up-and-coming coaches helps get them into the "cycle" and may open the door for them down the line.  Whereas you get the sense Caldwell and Frazier and other retreads like Culley are being taken advantage of by the Rule.  It's a very complicated issue with no easy solution.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

FOOTNOTE 30:

"Ironically, during their January 11, 2022 text exchange, Mr. McDonnell also suggested that if Mr. Flores were hired as the Giants Head Coach, Brian Daboll might be interested in leaving Buffalo to serve as his Offensive Coordinator (“Heard Daboll isn’t happy with Sean [McDermott] in Buffalo . . . might be able to get out if he doesn’t get a head job... thoughts?”)."

😱

6 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Bs about daboll not being happy with McDermott Imo. I'm not saying McDermott and daboll saw eye to eye on everything, but the part in the lawsuit about daboll not being happy sounds speculative 

It could be all speculation.  Or not.  But if true, how did that relationship break down over the 4 seasons Daboll worked in Buffalo?  The same years Josh went from overmatched big armed QB into the guy who is among the league's best at the position.  Not saying that was all on Daboll, but there had to be philosophical differences.  

1 hour ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Yeah I tried to read this.

Stopped when he accused the Broncos of being hung over to their meeting because obviously they were hard core drinking.

you read stuff like that…and it just doesn’t pass the smell test.

I'm laughing at the "became labeled as someone difficult to work with" claim.  

If Ross did this he's for sure trash 

However I always hated Flores and thought he was a product of the media.  This just confirms I think he's a piece of garbage burning everything on his way out.  

He's been thinking about this since they were 1-5

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

So nothing odd about having a league with 69% of players who are black but only 3 black head coaches and 3 general managers? Do players not want these jobs?

Whats odd is the 500% over representation among the players.  Please explain how such a thing could happen? It has to be racism. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Whats odd is the 500% over representation among the players.  Please explain how such a thing could happen? It has to be racism. 

You're avoiding my question.

As for players. They have a combine to test players. They have scouts to find players. They don't have that for coaches and front offices.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

3 minutes ago, 947 said:

The Rooney Rule by definition forces teams to put a list together of the best "black candidates", separate from the "best candidates". And unless one of their top-3 guys is black, it will always result in a fake interview to satisfy the rule. The rule was never going to work. I wonder what happens when a black candidate asks in the interview "is this interview just to satisfy the Rooney Rule?". Teams obviously can't admit it, but both parties know that often times it is exactly that.

Frazier hasn't been looked over because of his skin color, it's because he wasn't good in previous HC experience, and his defensive philosophy is considered old school or antiquated by many.

Bienemy was a hot name for a while, but he reportedly has interviewed poorly when given a shot, and teams are wary of his actual involvement in Reid's offense. Nobody is passing on him based on race.

Hard to believe that the McNairs, Jerry Richardsons, Woody Johnsons out there would be letting race affect their hiring decisions.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.