Divisional Round SATURDAY: Bengals at Titans, 4:30 on CBS

Hapless Bills Fan

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

1st time I’ve really watched Burrows. Yes, they’re  on the RedZone channel, but it’s the Bengals.. Anyway, I was interested to see what all the hoopla is. Some talking heads are comparing him to Josh Allen! Verdict: he’s a Bum! A jag SEC QB. Stupid sacks. Rag ahm. Witless. Tennessee is doing everything they can to lose this game but Burrow isn’t haven’t any. 

jmo.

I disagree 100%. This is Burrow's 2nd season on a team that is rebuilding - they won 4 games last season.  He's also coming of a terrible leg injury. He has one playoff win already and his team is ahead at half in his 2nd playoff game.  So far he's completely outplaying Tanny:

Tanny = 7/13 for 92 yards and an INT.  rating = 44

Burrow = 17/24 for 238 yard.  rating = 102.

• Agree 1

Burrow is a problem and his receivers make it hard to cover all of em at once. 

While I am confident the Bills can beat anybody I'd be careful wishing for it to be one team over another especially this Bengals team. 

That said, Henry might take over the second half and just keep the Bengals on the bench. 

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I disagree 100%. This is Burrow's 2nd season on a team that is rebuilding - they won 4 games last season.  He's also coming of a terrible leg injury. He has one playoff win already and his team is ahead at half in his 2nd playoff game.  So far he's completely outplaying Tanny:

Burrow threw more is all.  He didn't outplay anyone

• Disagree 1

15 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

When will Burrow figure out not to run backwards to avoid a sack when your in FG range on 3rd down?

We really have no room to criticize that...

It's only Burrow's 2nd year. Josh was still doing that exact same thing last year. It's just something they have to learn through experience.

1 minute ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

While I am confident the Bills can beat anybody I'd be careful wishing for it to be one team over another especially this Bengals team. 

That said, Henry might take over the second half and just keep the Bengals on the bench. 

There's potential there but that OLine is horrific right now.

They've got some serious work to do up there if they want to play with the big kids.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

I'm more afraid of the Titans pass rush and Henry.  We can out score the Bungles

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Eh…. Burrow has about 100 yards on the meaningless end of half YAC and the Chase screen pass. 

Burrow is very good, but he’s not Allen, Mahomes or Herbert.   The lack of athleticism puts him behind those guys.  Also.. Burrow is the same age as Allen.  I know this is only his second year, but this isn’t your typical second year QB.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

I don't care which team we play.  Two reasons I root for Cinci... 

1.  AFCCG in Buffalo

2. I hate the Titans, Vrabel, and Tannehill.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

What was the point of that?

He wants a 300 yard game.  Take away the screen to Chase that went for 60 and that throw at the end and his numbers look rather pedestrian.  But having a 9-6 lead is awesome for the Bengals considering they’re on the road, have played one more game, the Tennessee triplets are back in a game for the first time since Buffalo played Tennessee and they’re fighting crowd noise.  

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

He didn't outplay Tanny?  Come on man.  If I was a TN fan I would be upset that my veteran QB playing at home is being clearly outplayed by a 2nd year QB with no O-line.

As someone already said, most of his yards were YAC, and the pointless last play.  He was getting knocked all over the place

1 minute ago, Ross Murdock said:

This game looks like the Bills/Jags game.. The path is set. If Bills can get to play either of these teams, they should be LA Bound!! 

What if they cherry pick our performance against the Jags and just assume that’s how we’ll play?

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Eh…. Burrow has about 100 yards on the meaningless end of half YAC and the Chase screen pass. 

Burrow is very good, but he’s not Allen, Mahomes or Herbert.   The lack of athleticism puts him behind those guys.  Also.. Burrow is the same age as Allen.  I know this is only his second year, but this isn’t your typical second year QB.  

He has almost 60 on one dump off to Chase.

Just now, SCBills said:

I get that and I'm not saying he's at the Allen/Mahomes level.  He isn't and I doubt he ever will be.  I'm just reacting to all the game flow comments calling Burrow trash. Given how his O-line is playing in pass protection Burrow is playing quite well IMO.

And IMO he's as good as Herbert.

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

I get that and I'm not saying he's at the Allen/Mahomes level.  He isn't and I doubt he ever will be.  I'm just reacting to all the game flow comments calling Burrow trash. Given how his O-line is playing in pass protection Burrow is playing quite well IMO.

And IMO he's as good as Herbert.

I wasn't talking about JB in general, just that he wasn't killing it this half like you made it seem.  He's def a good player

3 minutes ago, daz28 said:

As someone already said, most of his yards were YAC, and the pointless last play.  He was getting knocked all over the place

And this is why I think Burrow is playing well.  A lot of QB's would have shriveled under that assault.  Compare Burrow to Murray for example.

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

And this is why I think Burrow is playing well.  A lot of QB's would have shriveled under that assault.  Compare Burrow to Murray for example.

I can definitely respect how he’s hanging in with the pressure.   That said, he took one (almost two sans whistle) sacks that almost took points off the board and then is a dropped INT away from looking really rough. 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.