Why so many tickets left?

out

17 minutes ago, 716er said:

Hey Art - we've packed the stadium numerous times time year keeping the unvaxxed out and we'll do it again tonight!

GO BILLS

We were 20th in the league in capacity this year at 94.7%... the top 15 teams were all 98+.

Anything less than 100% for our first capacity playoff game in 25 years will be a failure. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

This is considered a “packed” stadium by some on here…

534C4A54-4295-4FB7-A431-F98DF42AE562.thumb.jpeg.503c3222705192e8a82787fa4eec4a34.jpeg

Cue the self righteous demand for self loathing.

Just now, ArtVandalay said:

We were 20th in the league in capacity this year at 94.7%... the top 15 teams were all 98+.

Anything less than 100% for our first capacity playoff game in 25 years will be a failure. 

The W is the only thing that matters. Everything else is stupidity. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Wouldn't be surprised one bit if the NFL looked at the weather last Sunday when creating the playoff schedule and saw that there was a potential for it to be frigid in Buffalo. The NFL wants crap weather for buffalo games. 30 degrees and sunny on Sunday wouldn't have been as interesting on TV as 0 degrees 

OMG I never thought of this but septime I fear you may just be right....watch em shiver and cheer like lunatic with shirts off in frigid Buffalo/ Orchard Park

.....sounds about right. But for they to PLOY that for ratings? rat baastids. wow You have gotta be right imo. smirk. I dont like it. Night time allure vs a more reasonable  climate.....vs Money....**gglsnrt*** I vote big fat Money was the ticket.

up yer nose with a rubber house NFL. Yes Im snarky I barely slept GO BILLS!~!~!!!!!!!!! we'll give em a show allright. HA!

m

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

They eliminated 35% of the population from attending, and considering the shot rates for those 70+ are much higher than those in the 20-40s group, you are talking an even higher percentage of the target market. 

Many Canadian fans logistically not able to attend due to the hoops to get back across the border by Canadian government.

Those are hard factual reasons.

Facts matter- we lost a significant portion of our fan base with many of the CV barriers. 

10 minutes ago, muppy said:

OMG I never thought of this but septime I fear you may just be right....watch em shiver and cheer like lunatic with shirts off in frigid Buffalo/ Orchard Park

.....sounds about right. But for they to PLOY that for ratings? rat baastids. wow You have gotta be right imo. smirk. I dont like it. Night time allure vs a more reasonable  climate.....vs Money....**gglsnrt*** I vote big fat Money was the ticket.

up yer nose with a rubber house NFL. Yes Im snarky I barely slept GO BILLS!~!~!!!!!!!!! we'll give em a show allright. HA!

m

Imagine if they knew about the storm Monday, they would've 100% put the bills on Monday night 

Edited by Steptide
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ArtVandalay said:

Don't forget, even with the modernizations and down-sizing, our stadium still holds 70,000.

That's bigger, and in some cases a lot bigger, than many stadiums around the league.

So our 90% capacity is their 100% capacity.

See?

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Don't forget, even with the modernizations and down-sizing, our stadium still holds 70,000.

That's bigger, and in some cases a lot bigger, than many stadiums around the league.

So our 90% capacity is their 100% capacity.

See?

90% of our non-suite capacity would be 30th in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

90% of our non-suite capacity would be 30th in the NFL.

I was trying to make a point.  We have a bigger stadium which is harder to fill and you need to adjust for stadium size as you compare attendance around the league.

Verstehen Sie?

Edited by Nextmanup

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I was trying to make a point.  We have a bigger stadium which is harder to fill and you need to adjust for stadium size as you compare attendance around the league.

Verstehen Sie?

I just don’t agree.

Our stadium is only 1,000~ seats from the median stadium in the NFL.

4 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

But the OP isn’t about attendance.  It’s about the number of tickets available, which are mostly resale tickets.

Those resale tickets can be related to the mandate. Many season ticket holders chose to not give up their seasons even though they are not vaxed. Giving them up for refunds meant losing the tickets overall and many didn’t want to lose their seniority. So unvaxed season ticket holders are left to resell their tickets on the secondary market. 

You don't give up season tickets by not buying the playoff tickets.

39 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

You don't give up season tickets by not buying the playoff tickets.

Since there were only 500 tickets available from the Bills, it’s clear unvaxed season ticket holders retained their playoff tickets for resale, further adding to the available resale ticket inventory. 

3 hours ago, Steptide said:

Wouldn't be surprised one bit if the NFL looked at the weather last Sunday when creating the playoff schedule and saw that there was a potential for it to be frigid in Buffalo. The NFL wants crap weather for buffalo games. 30 degrees and sunny on Sunday wouldn't have been as interesting on TV as 0 degrees 

Absolutely right.  They saw the forecasts & instead the Sunday 1 & 4 slots are warm weather teams.  

Very simply should have had Cincy, Buff & KC all playing "Day games" and evening games TB, LA & Dallas.  

How obvious is that?

28 minutes ago, DrDare said:

Back down to $40 (after fees) and massive amounts of tickets available

it didnt go too well, embarrasing

There are not "massive" amounts of verified tickets available. There are so few available the game will look exactly like a sold out game on tv and from the player's perspective. 

The annoying Patriots fans and Boston media are the ones hyping this nonsense. 

The Bills Billboard in MA is getting under their skin.  🙂

• Like (+1) 6

5 hours ago, DrDare said:

There are now only a few tickets under $70 (after fees) on ticketmaster

going up fast

A lot of people wait, trying to get a ticket at the best possible price at the last minute. I’ve talked to people at the tailgate who were holding off because it might go down a little more. That is NOT MY STYLE! If I decide to go to a game, I want my tickets in hand before I walk out of the house. That may not be financially optimal, but I need that peace of mind. 

However it works, I hope the seats get as full as possible! This is a game you can say “I was there”.  Hopefully, you can say it proudly as a fond memory with a smile on your face!

GO BILLS!!! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Yikes on Ticketmaster it does look like a ton of tickets are available. Not good. 

There are a couple hundred left out of 70k. That is not "a ton" of tickets considering the weather, covid, and Canada. 

It is basically the amount that are open in a typical game due to no shows. 

1 hour ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Maybe they should open tickets up to the real fans...not the ones that think they'll catch a cold from going in the cold...:sick:

How much more open do you want them to be then to be available cheap? Why haven't these real fans scooped them up?

Edited by Malazan
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, DrDare said:

Yes it does, you guys were right

Anybody that came here doubting that we were gonna pack the house has no pulse on Buffalo or Bills fans

Even the games that we struggled to sell out that people talk about had 60,000 people in attendance lol

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.