Beast

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I know all about the Tuskegee airmen.

What was your point?

He's referencing the Tuskegee Experiment, not the Tuskegee Airmen.

3 hours ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

The Washington Armada would offend the Spanish....but it would fit since they lost...

The English launched an Armada against Spain the year after they beat the Spanish Armada. You don't hear much about it because they Spanish ***** slaughtered them.  And the English tend not to publish lots of history about their defeats, but that's like a lot of places.

Please know I am being playful and am not very political. I just think these names would be a way to poke fun at Washington DC as a whole.

1. Washington Hogs- It already is a historical nickname in their history. Regardless of political affiliation, politicians "hog" the spotlight, media coverage, and people's money. And, the most compelling reason: bacon. The team could serve many bacon and barbeque dishes that would make for a nice eating experience at the stadium.

2. Washington Bullets

They already had this name for their basketball team. Just think of all the types of jerseys you could come up with that has bullets in a logo. It would be so controversial and exciting. That is a lot more exciting than the WFT. 

Edited by Wizard

On 1/4/2022 at 8:39 AM, 4_kidd_4 said:

I agree. It has a clean, simple quality to it. Very throwback feel.

And sometimes people now shorten it to just "The Football Team" - what is better than that?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.