Bills 2022 Home/Away opponents

YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Love the Schedule. Allen will get a chance to beat the following teams he hasn’t beaten yet in regular season. 

Cardinals (if they finish first)

Bears

Ravens 

Browns 

Packers

Colts (if bills lose Sunday). 

the remaining teams for Josh to beat all 32 are 

Eagles and Bucs. 

but man Allen could not 5 off that list next year. And be 3 away from all 32. 

To beat all 32 he would have to beat the Bills as an opponent. Hope that never happens. Still having nightmares seeing Thurman Thomas in a Dolphins uniform....

• Like (+1) 1

Bengals, Ravens, Chiefs, Rams is a tough set of road games, but only the Packers of the home opponents really frighten me in any way and if Rodgers has gone then they become instantly a very beatable team. (Tennessee won't be easy but the Bills are due a win against them and they are almost always close games). 

The Bills should win double digit games again in 2022 all things being equal. 

Edited by GunnerBill

Just a little insight for people who don’t pay attention to the schedule rules or wonder why we seem to play certain teams outside the AFC East repeatedly…

Aside from the divisional games, each division plays one other division in the same conference on a rotating schedule, but then you also face the two teams from the other same-conference divisions who finished in the same place in their division as you did the prior year.  Next year the AFC East plays the AFC North, but if the Bills win the division they play Tennessee and KC because those teams also won their divisions.  As long as Buffalo, KC, and Tennessee keep winning their divisions, they’ll play every year.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

Pretty good chance the Bills play thanksgiving again. 

it’s a CBS game which means it has to be an AFC opponent for the Lions. So it’s between the Bills, Dolphins or Texans. 

pretty easy choice for the NFL

I can't see it being the Texans. That would be one horrible early game on turkey day. Bills or Dolphins are both decent choices. I would lean towards Miami as Buffalo has played on Thanksgiving twice in the past three years. 

54 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

Pretty good chance the Bills play thanksgiving again. 

it’s a CBS game which means it has to be an AFC opponent for the Lions. So it’s between the Bills, Dolphins or Texans. 

pretty easy choice for the NFL

Unless Miami decides to trade for a real QB

5 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

To beat all 32 he would have to beat the Bills as an opponent. Hope that never happens. Still having nightmares seeing Thurman Thomas in a Dolphins uniform....

Yeah forgot about that. My bad. It will go a long way in beating all 31 by year 5. 

• Like (+1) 1

Cincy is really a pretty good roady.

Six and half hours or so from here, good tailgating even though in the city.  Good restaurants, right on the Kentucky border, nice stadium, good people.

I am one of those few that would love to be in a division of Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Cincinnati. At a 6.5 hour drive Cincy would be the furtherest away of our division opponents. If they were in the AFC East they would be our closest opponent.

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Pretty big letdown for the big road trip destinations compared to what we had this season

COVID killed probably the best road schedule we had in years in 2020.

In terms of closeness at least BAL/DET are pretty easy drives. Rams would mean new stadium which is cool and people who have went to ARZ have told me its awesome, but yea the road schedule is a dog in a lot of ways. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I am one of those few that would love to be in a division of Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Cincinnati. At a 6.5 hour drive Cincy would be the furtherest away of our division opponents. If they were in the AFC East they would be our closest opponent.

I'd also like them to re-do the division, based on geography.  Don't worry about AFC/NFC.  So in your scenario, I'd swap Cincy for Detroit. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I'd also like them to re-do the division, based on geography.  Don't worry about AFC/NFC.  So in your scenario, I'd swap Cincy for Detroit. 

As much as I get the rational to redo off geography I have personally felt it is a mistake. If you were starting a league from scratch it would make more sense, but at this point the Jets Pats or Phins are teams I just hate in general given the history and I would have far less emotion towards CIN/DET especially as they both are bottom feeders (CIN until recently) and far similar culturally to us. Part of the fun with MIA/NYC is they are nothing like Buffalo and it makes it a fun culture clash too.

3 hours ago, corta765 said:

COVID killed probably the best road schedule we had in years in 2020.

In terms of closeness at least BAL/DET are pretty easy drives. Rams would mean new stadium which is cool and people who have went to ARZ have told me its awesome, but yea the road schedule is a dog in a lot of ways. 

It's just hard to stack up compared to this year when we had Nashville, New Orleans, and Tampa on the schedule and the anticipation for Vegas the year before.

With that said Chicago would be a pretty fun football trip

16 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Love the Schedule. Allen will get a chance to beat the following teams he hasn’t beaten yet in regular season. 

Cardinals (if they finish first)

Bears

Ravens 

Browns 

Packers

Colts (if bills lose Sunday). 

the remaining teams for Josh to beat all 32 are 

Eagles and Bucs. 

but man Allen could not 5 off that list next year. And be 3 away from all 32. 

Josh still has a chance to beat some of the following this post-season: Cardinals, Bucs, Packers, Colts, and, unlikely, the Ravens and Eagles. Let's hope we can knock off a few this year still!

6 hours ago, Greg S said:

Green Bay at Buffalo has primetime written all over it. Most likely SNF. Rodgers (if he stays) vs Allen. Lots of star power on both teams. Two great fanbases. If Rodgers leaves then all bets are off on this getting on primetime.

19 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Packers at home… might be the NFL season opener 2022 when we win the SB this year…

Yep, but if Rodgers goes, we are looking at hosting either Tennessee or the Patriots opening Thursday! (unless, on the outside chance, Green Bay gets someone like Russell Wilson)

2 hours ago, chongli said:

Josh still has a chance to beat some of the following this post-season: Cardinals, Bucs, Packers, Colts, and, unlikely, the Ravens and Eagles. Let's hope we can knock off a few this year still!

Yeah but doesn’t matter in the record thing they only track season games. 

• Like (+1) 1

It's final now, right?

Home: Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Tennessee Titans

Away: Baltimore Ravens, Chicago Bears, Cincinnati Bengals, Detroit Lions, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, New York Jets, KC Chiefs, LA Rams

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.