12/26/21 Week 16 Gameday Bills @ Patriots* Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s a nightmare for a defensive guy like him to game plan for 

There is nothing Bellichick can do against Allen. Based on my untrained eye, they tried just about everything today (high 2 shell, man, cover 4, blitzing, rushing 2 guys). Nothing worked.

This isn’t EJ Manual out there, getting befuddled with the creeping defenders. BB can’t trick Allen.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

There is nothing Bellichick can do against Allen. Based on my untrained eye, they tried just about everything today (high 2 shell, man, cover 4, blitzing, rushing 2 guys). Nothing worked.

This isn’t EJ Manual out there, getting befuddled with the creeping defenders. BB can’t trick Allen.  

When Allen is staying patient and mostly within the structure of the offense, I agree.

• Like (+1) 6

Daboll called a heck of a game.

Every week I’ll tune into another game and sometimes teams just make it look so easy moving up and down the field with half of the talent we have.. hence frustrations with Daboll.

Today had a bit of everything, it looked easy at times, we moved the ball.. we didn’t punt! We had answers and I hope we are now starting to peak at just the  right time. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Josh was on another level today…. He could do no wrong. Honestly can’t think of one negative play from him. Given the circumstances, it was the best game of his career IMO. 

He sailed a near INT to begin the game-clinching drive.  Allen throws such a hard ball the defenders have trouble hanging on.  It was his only bad play and it was his day, he lucked out, and he was otherwise flawless.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Jones has been hailed for being on course to break the rookie completion % record........but that completion % fell to 67.2 after today..........now below the rookie # of Dak Prescott (67.8) in 2016.

I like taking records from Patriots, it feels right.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Josh was on another level today…. He could do no wrong. Honestly can’t think of one negative play from him. Given the circumstances, it was the best game of his career IMO. 

He sailed a ball to Diggs about 2 feet over his head on a 5-7 yard hitch/out…

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Josh is a physical freak, but he's also smart the more experience he gets the bigger a nightmare he can become.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

When Allen is staying patient and mostly within the structure of the offense, I agree.

Today was the first time I have ever seen Allen so quick and Patient on the checkdowns. All those dump downs were getting us 8-10 yards. It forced BB to abandon that high 2 safety shell.  I have never really seen us drive a team out of that defense. 

It helped that Devin isn’t also just falling down when he catches the ball. He turned those into solid 8-10 yard gains. Even Gillian turned one into 10 yards. 

• Like (+1) 15
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Westside Madness said:

I am honestly shocked at the overall level-headedness and rational takes on the Pats forums.

The next two games for both teams have similar records:

JAX and NYJ around 3 wins and ATL and MIA with around 7. Hopefully MIA wins tomorrow and that keeps them in the WC discussion. While I would expect them to play hard as a spoiler team, they will certainly play hard if they are looking at a win and in scenario.

I would LOVE Miami to sweep New England this year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I would LOVE Miami to sweep New England this year.

New England really struggles down in Miami (relatively speaking). I think it is probably a 50/50 game. 

I also think Tua is a much better version of Mac Jones. Will be fun to see those two dinker dunkers battle it out! 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Dallas in 2019 and @Raiders last season come to mind immediately as better games from JA17.  You could make the argument this was top 5 though.   A couple of those scrambles for 1st downs were superhuman.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I was a little bummed that McD brought up Belichick in the post-game last time.  I was concerned that he was like Rex.  I thought BB was too in his head, and that it wouldn't bode well for future match-ups.

McD really proved me wrong today.  He came in w/ the plan needed to win this game, and both he & Daboll were outstanding.  I loved how aggressive they were today - it made the difference. He did the out-coaching this time around.

• Like (+1) 6

16 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I also think Tua is a much better version of Mac Jones. Will be fun to see those two dinker dunkers battle it out! 

It's almost assured that the two AFCE games will play at the same time.  The NFL schedules the last week of the season so that teams which have intertwined results play in the same time slot.  So my guess is we won't be watching much of that game in Miami unless Spags and the Jets find some way to beat the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Success said:

I was a little bummed that McD brought up Belichick in the post-game last time.  I was concerned that he was like Rex.  I thought BB was too in his head, and that it wouldn't bode well for future match-ups.

McD really proved me wrong today.  He came in w/ the plan needed to win this game, and both he & Daboll were outstanding.  I loved how aggressive they were today - it made the difference. He did the out-coaching this time around.

I forgot when in the game I saw it, but the camera showed Mcdermott  looking at printed video shots and analyzing them.  Is if he was ready to make in game decisions and changes based on what the pats were doing.  I never seen him do that (I may be wrong), I'm so used to seeing him, pacing, looking out on the field or clapping. lol

When I saw him looking at those photos, all I can think of is he's making extra sure not to miss anything and to make sure we win. It was kind of cool to see, that hes not just going with the designed game plan and willing to find any help or hole in the pats game plan.

Its something I usually see BB, doing by looking at pics and marking or writing on them..

• Like (+1) 2

This may be a controversial opinion, but...

Given the stakes of today's game, the surrounding roster circumstances, and the opponent...I thought today was Allen's best game as a pro.

He seemed to make the correct decision on almost every play.

When the Pats dropped defenders deep, he checked it down. When they finally squatted on the short stuff, he hit them medium and deep. When his protection held up, he stayed in the pocket. When it broke down, he ran for positive yards or rolled out and found an open receiver. He played within the structure of the offense and the gameplan. He took what the defense gave him ALL. GAME. LONG.

Yes, he had two passes that could and maybe should have been picked. Other than those two passes, he had just about a perfect game. The Pats defenders even said in the post-game pressers that he just beat whatever they were throwing at him all game long.

Mind you: This was against the number one defense in the league, arguably the best defensive mind and head coach of all time, in their house, for the division. Zero punts. 33 points. Domination.

Best game as a pro. I'm sticking with it.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 14
  • Agree 16
  • Awesome! (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 5

1 hour ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Daboll called a heck of a game.

Every week I’ll tune into another game and sometimes teams just make it look so easy moving up and down the field with half of the talent we have.. hence frustrations with Daboll.

Today had a bit of everything, it looked easy at times, we moved the ball.. we didn’t punt! We had answers and I hope we are now starting to peak at just the  right time. 

Games on Josh. So many broken bad plays where Josh got it done (throws back across the field for example).  Daboll has to be better…..but kick ass game overall and we beat the Pats. 

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Allen did a bunch of things today that you’re never supposed to do:

- throwing back across his body to the middle of the field in the red zone (2x)

- refusing to slide on scrambles

- trying to jump over defenders

- throwing it backhanded (2x)

He got away with all of those things because he’s simply a superior athlete to everyone else on the field, and because he’s reaching the point in his career where he’s understanding what he can get away with and when.  And when he wasn’t doing crazy Josh Allen sh- he was playing within the structure of the game plan, taking the easy checkdowns which they dared him to take, throwing the ball away when it was time to quit on the play, and not turning the ball over against a ferocious D.

Josh Allen is a superstar and we’re incredibly lucky to be able to watch him do his thing for the next decade.

To my point - not the best play calling by Daboll……again. Josh saved us. 

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

Given the stakes of today's game, the surrounding roster circumstances, and the opponent...I thought today was Allen's best game as a pro.

When the Pats dropped defenders deep, he checked it down. When they finally squatted on the short stuff, he hit them medium and deep. When his protection held up, he stayed in the pocket. When it broke down, he ran for positive yards or rolled out and found an open receiver. He played within the structure of the offense and the gameplan. He took what the defense gave him ALL. GAME. LONG.

Yes, he had two passes that could and maybe should have been picked. Other than those two passes, he had just about a perfect game. The Pats defenders even said in the post-game pressers that he just beat whatever they were throwing at him all game long.

Mind you: This was against the number one defense in the league, arguably the best defensive mind and head coach of all time, in their house, for the division. Zero punts. 33 points. Domination.

I think back to that iconic huge Thanksgiving victory in Dallas in 2019 that convinced me he was the One.......today was amazing too.  How fortunate are we to be discussing such lofty topics eh Logic?  HA :-)))))

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, Logic said:

No argument from me. He put on a clinic. It was great to see. Made you proud to have such a talented QB on our team. Boy was I wrong earlier in the year when I thought he was regressing. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Thank you (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.