Every Team is Awful

auburnbillsbacker

This has been one of the most unusual seasons I have ever watched.  Every time a team ascends to the top they come crashing down.  At one point the Chiefs were the best team then they started to suck.  Same with the Rams.  Same with the Bills.  Same with the Bucs  Same with the Titans.  Cardinals, etc.  

The way I see it, any team that makes the playoff has a shot of winning the Super Bowl.  You just have to run hot and be on the right side of variance.  

• Like (+1) 7
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 8

One thing that happened this year that wasn't planned for and has never happened prior or at least other than a slight amount if ever, the salary cap decreasing.  Could be that it's caused all teams to have to scramble to fill out the roster and they were OK to start the year, but once a couple injuries happen and you're down to subs, everything falls apart? Add on top of that a couple players being out for Covid on top of that.  Not saying this is the reason, but does add some uniqueness to season.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RunJoshRun said:

Agreed.  But, if one team has a limited O-Line and terrible DT's it will be difficult.

We've only spent 35 million on the DL.

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

It’s a trendy league. More so than ever this year. 
We are not the same team from last season. But I’m not quite ready to throw in the towel. I’ve said before I can handle the struggles now if some of this is fixed in enough time to make a playoff push. 

I'm not sure if calendars work the same way in all places, but there's only 7 more games left. And we're the 6th seed currently. Our playoff push needs to be now. 

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Seems like the kinda season where a certain coach with a certain kind of rookie QB can shockingly win it all.

That would make me want to stop watching football for a long time...

That would be a true blessing.   That would mean you wouldn't be around here anymore ready to pounce like an animal whenever a Buffalo Bill farts.  It's so annoying. 

2 minutes ago, motorj said:

Yeah, at this point would you rather the bills go undefeated and lose in the playoffs or the bills sneak in and make it deep in the playoffs vs this afc bunch

Today was the nail in the coffin. I feel bad for Josh. Each week he has players missing. You can’t be successful in that scenario. 

It wouldn’t surprise me if he starts lashing out against coaches soon, and demands a trade if it continues.

Maybe Buffalo wasn’t the right place for him after all.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Governor said:

Today was the nail in the coffin. I feel bad for Josh. Each week he has players missing. You can’t be successful in that scenario. 

It wouldn’t surprise me if he starts lashing out against coaches soon, and demands a trade if it continues.

You're being sarcastic? Ha ha ha, lol lol.

Josh is no Jack Eichel. Go away.

Teams are evenly matched and there is no clear favorite. It makes things much more interesting. 

6 minutes ago, Governor said:

this is some creative thinking. To me it seems he is playing poorly.  No need to blame everyone else.  Obviously the OL isn’t helping but his decision making is suspect. 

Edited by nedboy7

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

Teams are evenly matched and there is no clear favorite. It makes things much more interesting. 

I know my take probably isn’t popular, but with 17 games this season I expect a little more separation by the end of season. I think we’ll have a better idea where teams

stand when the playoffs begin. The teams who are legitimate are going to start getting hot. 

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

pretty much,  no dominant teams atm,   games being decided by inconsistent reffing and fluke plays.    makes me wonder if this is something the NFL truly wants,  nothing gets the gamblers salivating  like parity and inconsistency.

Whoever hits the Covid lottery is also a factor.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, benderbender said:

I'm not sure if calendars work the same way in all places, but there's only 7 more games left. And we're the 6th seed currently. Our playoff push needs to be now. 

Am I sensing a little sarcasm?? 
7 games is a LOT when it comes to seeding. It’ll be ok. 

14 minutes ago, Governor said:

I put the chances of that at 0.01% 

Edited by GunnerBill

44 minutes ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

This has been one of the most unusual seasons I have ever watched.  Every time a team ascends to the top they come crashing down.  At one point the Chiefs were the best team then they started to suck.  Same with the Rams.  Same with the Bills.  Same with the Bucs  Same with the Titans.  Cardinals, etc.  

The way I see it, any team that makes the playoff has a shot of winning the Super Bowl.  You just have to run hot and be on the right side of variance.  

Well the Chiefs are just getting hot now, and if they somehow learned how play D they be scary good.

Rams I just want to fail they are trying be the Yankees of football this year. 

Titans loss the best Player on their team and perhaps the NFL in Henry and are still staying afloat.

Bills - Lost one game badly at home and their fans act as if this was 2005. They are still good and will easily make the playoffs

Tampa was 7-5 after losing to the Chiefs at Thanksgiving last year. This was 3 weeks after they were blown off the field by the Saints, 38-3. Then they caught fire, never lost again, made the playoffs, had a couple of close playoff wins, and promptly destroyed the Chiefs in the Super Bow.

Some team will probably also peak in December/January this year. I will admit the extreme upsets are just plain more extreme this year, but it's a matter of degree, not a whole new thing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Good teams bounce back from bad losses and start playing their best in December.  The Pats, Chiefs and Colts are doing just that. I'll be optimistic about us ,but having the Saints, Bucs away with the Pats in the middle is the biggest challenge of the season for a team that is struggling. Let's see how the Coaching staff can prepare this team to win big games. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Tampa was 7-5 after losing to the Chiefs at Thanksgiving last year. This was 3 weeks after they were blown off the field by the Saints, 38-3. Then they caught fire, never lost again, made the playoffs, had a couple of close playoff wins, and promptly destroyed the Chiefs in the Super Bow.

Some team will probably also peak in December/January this year. I will admit the extreme upsets are just plain more extreme this year, but it's a matter of degree, not a whole new thing.

Brady took complete control from that week on.  Supposedly a lot of animosity between him and dumb dumb Arians.  They didn’t get hot they played football the way Brady wanted to play.

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

It’s pretty clear that this team can’t do that. We don’t have the skill on either line.

Tampa has lines full of All pros.

This isn’t a typical Dallas Cowboys team that’s underperforming with huge massive bodies on the OL.

We can’t fix the problems on this team in 2 full years. By the time we do, we’ll need a whole new offense.

• Eyeroll 1

13 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Well the Chiefs are just getting hot now, and if they somehow learned how play D they be scary good.

Rams I just want to fail they are trying be the Yankees of football this year. 

Titans loss the best Player on their team and perhaps the NFL in Henry and are still staying afloat.

Bills - Lost one game badly at home and their fans act as if this was 2005. They are still good and will easily make the playoffs

I told you we’d get smashed today. Lol.

Its much worse than that. I won’t go into details.

25 minutes ago, Governor said:

It's hard for a team to be competitive when they may be the league leader or at least close to it in having the lowest percent of players being vaccinated.

I think this is still a long ways off, could see players more lashing out at other players over personal decisions that places the team overall at a disadvantage.

Allen also didn't do much to help himself today either, many passes were off.  Granted the wind and rain didn't help and when behind forced to throw.  But he was still off most of the game.  Tough to play in this weather with a very limited running game, but if we did have a running game like Indy has then there would be more reason for Allen to become frustrated if not getting the chance to pass.

37 minutes ago, benderbender said:

We've only spent 35 million on the DL.

ONLY 7 games left? That's **** near half the season. 

5 minutes ago, Governor said:

It’s pretty clear that this team can’t do that. We don’t have the skill on either line.

Tampa has lines full of All pros.

This isn’t a typical Dallas Cowboys team that’s underperforming with huge massive bodies on the OL.

We can’t fix the problems on this team in 2 full years. By the time we do, we’ll need a whole new offense.

Yeah, I don't think it'll be the Bills. Right now it looks like we're just there in the middle of the playoff pack with every other AFC competitor. It's much more difficult to imagine this team putting it all together in December than, say, the Chiefs or the Ravens. We are more ... the Bengals or the Chargers right now.

• Agree 1

Just now, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

It's hard for a team to be competitive when they may be the league leader or at least close to it in having the lowest percent of players being vaccinated.

I think this is still a long ways off, could see players more lashing out at other players over personal decisions that places the team overall at a disadvantage.

Allen also didn't do much to help himself today either, many passes were off.  Granted the wind and rain didn't help and when behind forced to throw.  But he was still off most of the game.  Tough to play in this weather with a very limited running game, but if we did have a running game like Indy has then there would be more reason for Allen to become frustrated if not getting the chance to pass.

Yes. You put my thoughts into better words than I could. It already has to be dividing the locker room. These decisions and lack of leadership are now becoming losses that didn’t need to happen.

What is our percentage? It’s that low? So basically the regime lied and covered for all of them. Well, that falls on ownership.

12 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Good teams bounce back from bad losses and start playing their best in December.  The Pats, Chiefs and Colts are doing just that. I'll be optimistic about us ,but having the Saints, Bucs away with the Pats in the middle is the biggest challenge of the season for a team that is struggling. Let's see how the Coaching staff can prepare this team to win big games. 

I think we will see lots Of doomsday takes here until we beat NO on Thursday, as I am sure we will. 

The reality is that we haven’t really hit our stride yet this year, and that actually gives me hope— you sort or

want to peak at the right time. So I am hoping it all sort of comes together down the stretch. 

16 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

It's November still.

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I think we will see lots Of doomsday takes here until we beat NO on Thursday, as I am sure we will. 

The reality is that we haven’t really hit our stride yet this year, and that actually gives me hope— you sort or

want to peak at the right time. So I am hoping it all sort of comes together down the stretch. 

I like your take, but it is frustrating having guys that we desperately need(Brown, Star, Edmunds,)in limbo. We also have a real problem with lack of discipline and tackling. Can these issues be corrected with this personnel.  In addition, because of the porous nature of our O-line,  Josh is starting to force throws. Scary times.

1 hour ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I don't remember another year with this many big upsets against the top teams. Teams that can force turnovers and run the ball have a chance to beat anyone. 

Also seeing these big upsets from teams that are doing it as a road team.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.