Bills vs. Colts - candidate for Flex game??

SuperBills12

I don't think it happens considering they would have announced it already and the Bills have the NBC night game on Thanksgiving. I don't think they will. Plus I think it's possible the 2nd Pats game in week 16 could be flexed to Sunday night since that could be a big game for the division 

52 minutes ago, MJS said:

Gotta keep those two mediocre teams in prime time?

Fair, but both teams are right in the thick of the playoff hunt. Pitt has a huge fanbase and Herbert is a budding star the league would like to showcase. We have the NBC team 4 days later too, so they likely would have flexed another game if they had to.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, SuperBills12 said:

I mean, this is a great match up. I think Flex games start at week 10. Probably not a popular to move a 1pm Bills home game. But this should be SNF primetime. 

Not a chance - because they would of had to announce it before this weeks games - we would already know.

It is a minimum of 12 days - so they would have had to announce it Mon/Tuesday of last week for it to get flexed.

Good Thought, but it is not a last minute decision.

• Like (+1) 1

I will say this, CBS does NOT have the doubleheader game this week, but I am surprised that the 1:00 featured game is Bears Ravens as opposed to Bills Indy.  I'd imagine that will mean most of country will get Bears Ravens game on their local CBS channel.  One good team playing in the Ravens, but the Bears have looked pretty bad even when they win.  But Chicago is a much bigger market, though that really doesn't matter as would be on TV there anyway.  I live in Carolina, you'd think more people would rather see Bills Indy.  Will see what we get on Wednesday, but do know Nance and Romo are doing Bears Ravens game.

If it was going to be flexed it would have been announced by now. I doubt the league would flex the Bills to Sunday night this week anyway since they are playing 4 days later on Thanksgiving. It's going to be a short week as it is with the Colts game ending at 4:00 as opposed to a Sunday night ending at 11:30.

4 minutes ago, thronethinker said:

Da hell why would you want a game flexed to Sunday night before a Thursday game? Seems like you not flexing your logic band just your primetime brain. 

The same reason he could've easily done a google search about flex schedule rules before making this thread.  The only flex game that could be possible for us is 12/26 at the Pats depending on where the Skins/Cowboys are at that point in the season.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2021 Flexible Scheduling Procedures

"Flexible scheduling" will be used in Weeks 11-18. Additionally, in Weeks 5-10, flexible scheduling may be used in no more than two weeks.

In Weeks 5-17, the schedule lists the games tentatively set for Sunday Night Football on NBC.

Only Sunday afternoon games are eligible to be moved to Sunday night, in which case the tentatively scheduled Sunday night game would be moved to an afternoon start time. 

For Week 18, two Saturday games and the Sunday night game will be announced no later than six days prior to January 9. The schedule does not list Saturday games or a Sunday night game in Week 18, but games with playoff implications will be moved to those time slots.

Flexible scheduling ensures quality matchups in all Sunday time slots in those weeks and gives "surprise" teams a chance to play their way into primetime.  

https://www.nfl.com/schedules/flexible-scheduling-procedures

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.