Bills will be dangerous as hell in the playoffs

Giuseppe Tognarelli

If the Bills win the East, or even get into the playoffs as a Wild Card (like the Bucs did last year) but not as a top seed like everyone was expecting, I think it's going to be very interesting.

If healthy, we know this team can beat any other AFC team, anywhere. In the Wild Card scenario, the Bills are going to have a chip on their shoulder; they're going to be able to say no one believes in us. It will be an "us against the world" mentality, and I'm on record as saying that might be just the mindset this group needs to make it to the Super Bowl. It might not be through conventional, home field, favored means...

I suggest a perspective change for the rest of this season. This team has one huge weakness, the offensive line, that is causing our issues. They're not going to be the favorite this year anymore. Stop thinking about the 1 seed and just focus on watching a team that is fighting to get to the playoffs. Then, we'll see what happens.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

To everyone that spent a ridiculous price buying Josh Allen rookie cards how do you feel this morning about the investment?

This is the kind of post that really makes this board almost insufferable after a loss...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This season is starting to remind me of that 89 season.  They were coming off of a 2 seed and conf champ loss, they kind of under performed but snuck into the playoffs, then loss a heart breaker to Cleveland.  I think the bills are going to suffer a similar fate this year.  I am starting to think with a few key added pieces next year is the year we start our super bowl run.

3 minutes ago, Gordio said:

This season is starting to remind me of that 89 season.  They were coming off of a 2 seed and conf champ loss, they kind of under performed but snuck into the playoffs, then loss a heart breaker to Cleveland.  I think the bills are going to suffer a similar fate this year.  I am starting to think with a few key added pieces next year is the year we start our super bowl run.

Next years draft/free agency will most likely key in on OL.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

Not really sure how this relates to my post. Sounds like a fan issue, not a team issue. 

Follow the dots. 😉

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

Hope the jags don’t make the playoffs then 

🤦🏼‍♂️

More cities for Urban to check out the night life!

13 minutes ago, TAinLA said:

Next years draft/free agency will most likely key in on OL.

We could only hope.  I could not believe how bad how line was getting flat out beat yesterday.  Very Disturbing.  Dawkins was horrible I thought.

• Like (+1) 1

You just need to get hot and click at the right time to make noise in the playoffs. Most of the people flipping out and having temper tantrums were the same people last season who freaked out non stop our defense couldn’t stop anyone. Wouldn’t matter if we made the playoffs we couldn’t stop anyone. Remember Seattle and San Fran and all those tough teams were just gonna steamroll us and blow us out and we’d be lucky to make it in. Don’t believe me go back and look at the threads on defense last year. 
We’re all a little embarrassed about the Jax game. But let’s not pretend like the offensive line can’t get better as the season goes on. Let’s not pretend like they don’t know what the issues are and won’t address it. There’s so much more than just not enough talent to compete which seems to be pretty popular

6 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

You just need to get hot and click at the right time to make noise in the playoffs. Most of the people flipping out and having temper tantrums were the same people last season who freaked out non stop our defense couldn’t stop anyone. Wouldn’t matter if we made the playoffs we couldn’t stop anyone. Remember Seattle and San Fran and all those tough teams were just gonna steamroll us and blow us out and we’d be lucky to make it in. Don’t believe me go back and look at the threads on defense last year. 
We’re all a little embarrassed about the Jax game. But let’s not pretend like the offensive line can’t get better as the season goes on. Let’s not pretend like they don’t know what the issues are and won’t address it. There’s so much more than just not enough talent to compete which seems to be pretty popular

In all seriousness, it will all depend on mental attitude. Watching the body language the past two weeks, it really scares me to see that only one player tried to step-up and take the team on his shoulders. Unfortunately, when Allen does that he tends to try too hard to be the hero and the rest is history.

Let's see what the rest of this team is made of. Will they pull themselves up and play to their potential or fold up like cheap suits?

I have no problem giving a pass for a bad game. I question them when it looks like a trend.

9 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

In all seriousness, it will all depend on mental attitude. Watching the body language the past two weeks, it really scares me to see that only one player tried to step-up and take the team on his shoulders. Unfortunately, when Allen does that he tends to try too hard to be the hero and the rest is history.

Let's see what the rest of this team is made of. Will they pull themselves up and play to their potential or fold up like cheap suits?

I have no problem giving a pass for a bad game. I question them when it looks like a trend.

I’ll say the same thing I said for the defense last year, it’s much better to work out the kinks now than have these issues come playoff time. 
It should be concerning to fans and coaches. I’m not saying it should just be brushed off. But there’s a lot of season left and I’d rather suck now than week 16 or the playoffs or something. 

Just now, Rc2catch said:

I’ll say the same thing I said for the defense last year, it’s much better to work out the kinks now than have these issues come playoff time. 
It should be concerning to fans and coaches. I’m not saying it should just be brushed off. But there’s a lot of season left and I’d rather suck now than week 16 or the playoffs or something. 

I completely agree with you. Last season we never saw the team quit. When the defense was porous, the offense picked it up. When the offense had a down game, the defense picked them up. This past couple games, I didn't see or hear anyone of the players talking or acting that way. Guys like Diggs, as an example. He can turn a game around when he plays like he can. He hasn't. Instead, I see guys getting frustrated and not finding answers.

To me, that sign is very troublesome.

Maybe it is on the coaches for not putting them in winning positions. We certainly do not know that. The product on the field is very troublesome for whatever underlying reason.

I will withhold judgement, but the way they have played the last 3 weeks, I’m not sure they will make the playoffs.  The Pats could easily take the East and there’s a lot of teams right around the same record that will be in a dog fight for the wildcard.  If the Bills don’t win the East, which is no guarantee, now that you lost/ got dominated by the worst team in football, I don’t know if they get in.

Find a way to beat the Jets first. Idk how we jumped from the silliness of

having just permanent misery for decades

to having 1 really good year and now just assuming all of these wins like they don’t even have to play the games.

the playoffs are not a birthright now. This team lost to the Jags. It’s time to stop acting as if this team is going to coast through the entire season. We are nowhere near that level of team. 2 pedestrian teams have handled us and it’s only 8 games. 

1 minute ago, T master said:

IF they do they had better hope they don't run into the Titans again just saying them guys are on a mission ...

They played well yesterday but Stafford gifted them 2 TD's. The throw where he was about to take a safety was a stupid decision on his part. It was basically a pick 6 giving them the ball at 3 or whatever it was. Then on the next series he throws a pick 6. 

3 hours ago, prissythecat said:

Lol.  The chip on the shoulder argument ….  Will it magically make our porous OL block better?

Sure?

A - they may be healthier or have a different grouping

B - they may gel better

There were serious miscommunications along the line in this one.  They struggled with speed rushers on the outside, and twists and stunts inside.  Literally everything jax did worked - which sometimes isn't so much skill or ability but technique and line calls.  Seeing Ford completely miss a twisting lineman, or williams fail to get off the line on that 3rd and 7?  Those are mental breakdowns.  

11 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Find a way to beat the Jets first. Idk how we jumped from the silliness of

having just permanent misery for decades

to having 1 really good year and now just assuming all of these wins like they don’t even have to play the games.

the playoffs are not a birthright now. This team lost to the Jags. It’s time to stop acting as if this team is going to coast through the entire season. We are nowhere near that level of team. 2 pedestrian teams have handled us and it’s only 8 games. 

I hope to see less dancing at practice this week.  And the DBs QB competition and stuff - get back to freaking business.  

This defense is going to keep the team in a lot of games through the rest of the season and as bad as the offense looked yesterday they were putting up more points per game than any team in the NFL.  That isn't an accident.  Get the O-Line healthy and give Allen a couple of seconds of protection and watch how the offense responds. 

Good teams have bad games, just ask almost every favourite from yesterday.  Breathe in, breathe out, move on.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.