11/7/21 Bills @ Jaguars Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

I don't think it was arrogance by McD regarding Ford.  Ford had worked hard on things in practice and they needed a guard, so Ford was next up.  I think after they review the film, we may not see Ford again.

They started warming Doyle up and guess what Ford comes right back out. It is arrogance when the entire 1st half your OL is getting worked (one player really bad) and after halftime the adjustment is keep the same OL. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

McD pulled him aside on the Jax botched challenge time out and told him not to take a sack - that a field goal was fine there.

Allen took a sack.

He is at a crossroads.

It's just his instinct to try make the first guy miss. The quick throwaway is just not in his DNA.

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

To what receiver, Bobby? 

It's pretty obvious dude. 

Easy out of bounds over the head of a WR close. Not freaking hard. But I am done with you seeing you just want to make stuff up about me to try and justify your stance. 

• Vomit 1

6 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I don’t think the Bills’ problems are solvable this season...these are major issues...might just have to weather the storm until the offseason, unfortunately...

They need to get Brown back and put him at LT.  Dawkins I think is really not over his Covid issues.  Then either put Bates in at RG or C, or move Williams back in at RG and maybe put the Douglas guy they just made active at RT.  That whiff on the last pass attempt was as bad a play as I’ve seen in years.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

They started warming Doyle up and guess what Ford comes right back out. It is arrogance when the entire 1st half your OL is getting worked (one player really bad) and after halftime the adjustment is keep the same OL. 

They are forced to because of Ford’s draft status...in their minds, they have to exhaust every last opportunity to see if he can play before they cut him loose...

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Easy out of bounds over the head of a WR close. Not freaking hard. But I am done with you seeing you just want to make stuff up about me to try and justify your stance. 

I'm talking about the play where he got sacked and this was somehow his fault. 

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

Im not going to defend the O-Line or Daboll a whole lot. But it feels like the last offensive play of the game was a microcosm. 

Protection holds up fine. Allen rolls left late for no real reason. He has Sanders open at the pylon in front of him. Tries to thread the ball to Diggs. 

That feels like Josh all season. You can’t be consistent with that type of decision making. He’s young and a great QB, but he has to stop that. 

Completely agree with all of this. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Prisoner of the moment 

This is so true.  The fact is that at the moment everyone gets down on the Bills and start riding NE the story will switch.  There are a lot of games left in this season. This was a terrible loss and it may have signaled a fundamental flaw in the Bills offense. On the other hand the return of Knox, Brown and Felliciano could turn things back around.

It is on DaBold and the offensive coaching staff to figure out what to do when teams play us the way the Dolphins & Jags just did.  I sense that they really didn't figure the Fish out but rather Beasley & Allen simply played exceptionally well to close that game out. 

• Agree 1

The afterglow:

1. Josh Allen (jax) wrecked the Bills today.  

2. Might be the most distasteful loss in my short term memory.

3. Blame was everywhere in this one.

4. Really thought Lawrence was done, and then he comes out and keeps playing.

5. The OLINE of the Bills is really the weakest link on the team.

6. Josh Allen (buf) exited the MVP race today.

7. If only Gabe could have held on to that pass, they might have had a chance to tie the game.

8. The penalties committed by Buf today were egregious

9. Kudos to Jax, they played hard.  They beat the Bills up today.

10. Going to avoid the internet this week.  Bills will be savaged by the media.

11. The Manning Show curse is real.

Edited by wjag
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

Routes - develop. That is part of the problem. Our scheme is either dump off or long developing routes. 

Sure, I'd love to see more slants and quick routes. Goes without saying.  Daboll is calling a terrible game, and it shows.

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

And if he can’t overcome his DNA we may be looking at his ceiling.

He's probably never going to play a perfect game from a decision making perspective because he wants to make the big play. And the big play is a major part of his game so it's a tricky line to draw.

5 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

McD pulled him aside on the Jax botched challenge time out and told him not to take a sack - that a field goal was fine there.

Allen took a sack.

He is at a crossroads.

Are you talking about this play? 

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ngbills said:

Routes - develop. That is part of the problem. Our scheme is either dump off or long developing routes. 

And if we had dangerous RB's and TE's this approach would work well.  But with Knox out and a pair of RB's that can't outrun LB's  or make safeties miss a tackle, the dump off passes are at best good for a couple of yards. 

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

And if he can’t overcome his DNA we may be looking at his ceiling.

Yep if he cannot develop that part of his game he is at his ceiling. Now we will just find out if that is a Championship Ceiling or a lot of playoff exits through his career. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

I am sure we are going and already are pointing to examples from yesterday years that can make us feel better like the loss to Tampa Bay where Thurman only got 6 yards rushing. Perhaps back to back losses to the Colts and Jets in ‘92. We should refrain from that because those teams didn’t win any Superbowls

3 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I don't think it was arrogance by McD regarding Ford.  Ford had worked hard on things in practice and they needed a guard, so Ford was next up.  I think after they review the film, we may not see Ford again.

I really don’t think it is a question of ability with Ford. He just has an extremely low football IQ. He can’t process a simple stunt. He doesn't see defenders flash across his face because he is not even looking. He had his head buried into the side of Morse’s guy and left his assignment untouched. It’s almost like Ford doesn’t like 17 and is trying to get him killed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, vincec said:

He's probably never going to play a perfect game from a decision making perspective because he wants to make the big play. And the big play is a major part of his game so it's a tricky line to draw.

No QB ever plays the perfect game. But the championship ones can make the right decisions when needed more often then not. For the most part Josh has done that the better part of the last 25 starts or so. 

this one he didn’t. 

10 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Allen took a sack.

He is at a crossroads.

Huh?  Show me another time I’ve ever posted about this?  

Josh Allen is not at a crossroads. That is completely ridiculous.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, MAJBobby said:

No QB ever plays the perfect game. But the championship ones can make the right decisions when needed more often then not. For the most part Josh has done that the better part of the last 25 starts or so. 

this one he didn’t. 

I agree, but there is just too much pressure on him to be Superman. He needs help so it's not all up to him - better protection and a running game. Then it's a lot easier to play within himself.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.