Aaron Rodgers out with Covid, now back but has Covid toe. No, Broken Toe.

Big Blitz

59 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Certainly in court of public opinion he's guilty of lying, but legally he didn't lie if he believes or even if he doesn't really truly believe it will keep him from getting Covid.  That was my point, technically he did didn't lie.

In this thread, there were people stating he should be suspended, my response was if players and coaches were suspended for not being completely honest with the press, there'd be no players and coaches left.

The other question that is still puzzling is how/why is Beasley doing these un masked interviews??  Could it be for all his screaming and yelling about this he's also lying just like Rodgers in that he actually has been vaccinated?  But he's just such a strong believer in person freedoms that he's on this rant??  He wouldn't be the first to do this, but maybe the loudest!

He should arguably be suspended for the Covid violations, not for being dishonest with the press. The NFL's Covid policy states that first-time offenders are subject to a $14k fine and further violations are subject to being fined their full salary and suspensions. He's been violating the policy every week, so if the NFL actually cared about applying their own policies, he'd be potentially up for suspension.

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It was probably bringing in Beasley's name just to take a crack at him.  

You're entitled to your personal opinions about a player.  He's entitled to his choice about the vaccine.

Given that the guy deleted his twitter and is trying to move on from the opinion-warbling that probably sparked your view, it seemed gratuitous.

Asking nicely here: can we not make this Yet Another Thread about Beasley, please?

Especially the guy is a Baller and he went hard for us last Sunday, absent further controversy from him, how about put some respect on that? 

Wasn't taking a crack at Beasley, love the guy.  Was replying to one of the reasons I disagreed with the OPs post.    

3 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Certainly in court of public opinion he's guilty of lying, but legally he didn't lie if he believes or even if he doesn't really truly believe it will keep him from getting Covid.  That was my point, technically he did didn't lie.

All I can say is: if it's true that the law would actually hold that if someone asks you a question with a clear definition that has been clearly explained to you in your field of endeavor, and you say "yeah" (which Rodgers did, see Jeopardy clip) - you are not, legally speaking, lying ...........

.....The Law is an Ass.

Even further for an NFL player, this is a term with a specific meaning spelled out in a legal document as part of the contractual agreement bargained between the NFLPA and the NFL, included as part of the materials provided by the NFL and the NFLPA for training sessions with the players.

To argue "oh, he didn't lie if he believes something different" when he's signed a legally binding contract that incorporates by reference something that spells the meaning out differently and he's sat though trainings explaining how the NFL defines it .... WTF, man?  

In this thread, there were people stating he should be suspended, my response was if players and coaches were suspended for not being completely honest with the press, there'd be no players and coaches left.

I could be wrong, but the only people I can find in this thread saying he should be suspended are pretty clearly referring to protocol violations, not to lieing to the press, as a cause for suspension. 

I would agree with you that lieing to the press is not, in general, cause for suspension.

The other question that is still puzzling is how/why is Beasley doing these un masked interviews?? 

There have been a number of players around the league who are believed to be unvaccinated, who are doing these unmasked interviews.  It's not just Beasley.

And it's not just like Beasley strolls up and sits down in front of the mike on his own.   There are team PR people involved who control the details of the setup, how far away the press is, how long the interview lasts, etc etc.

So either a bunch of teams (not just the Bills and the Packers) sincerely believe the Covid protocols were modified to allow players to give interviews unmasked under certain conditions - therefore Breer's informant is mistaken - or a bunch of teams (not just the Bills and the Packers) are deliberately and flagrantly allowing their unvaxxed players to flout the rules.

Or, public belief about the unvaxxed status of those players is incorrect.

25 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Wasn't taking a crack at Beasley, love the guy.  Was replying to one of the reasons I disagreed with the OPs post.    

I was speaking of Billsfan1972, who wondered why his post drew a couple of vomit emojis.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There have been a number of players around the league who are believed to be unvaccinated, who are doing these unmasked interviews.  It's not just Beasley.

And it's not just like Beasley strolls up and sits down in front of the mike on his own.   There are team PR people involved who control the details of the setup, how far away the press is, how long the interview lasts, etc etc.

So either a bunch of teams (not just the Bills and the Packers) sincerely believe the Covid protocols were modified to allow players to give interviews unmasked under certain conditions - therefore Breer's informant is mistaken - or a bunch of teams (not just the Bills and the Packers) are deliberately and flagrantly allowing their unvaxxed players to flout the rules.

Or, public belief about the unvaxxed status of those players is incorrect.

Agree, not just Beasley, Bills and Packers.  Not sure what's going on here, but very hard to believe someone at NFL headquarters didn't say something to all these teams doing this.  Something is not adding up.

5 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Agree, not just Beasley, Bills and Packers.  Not sure what's going on here, but very hard to believe someone at NFL headquarters didn't say something to all these teams doing this.  Something is not adding up.

I know the NFLPA argued for a number of last-minute changes to the protocols.  For example, the NFL originally wanted vaccinated and unvaccinated players to wear different colored wristbands and the NFLPA said "Ah....No." 

But if you search online sometimes it's far easier to find the original protocols than the revisions, leading to people saying that unvaccinated players can't fly on the same charter (which I don't believe is correct - it was the original plan and then teams objected)

But I don't know, except as I said - a lot of players around the league who are believed to be unvaccinated based upon their personal statements, are giving pressers in person and unmasked.

• Agree 1

Thing is, after saying he was immunized he said ""You know, there's a lot of conversation around it, around the league, and a lot of guys who have made statements and not made statements, owners who have made statements," Rodgers said at the time. "There's guys on the team that haven't been vaccinated. I think it's a personal decision. I'm not going to judge those guys." * 

He clearly attempted to deceive.  

*According to ESPN's report on this

Edited by driddles
  • Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Always interesting to see reactions to posts.  Someone vomited to my post above and really am interested to know exactly what I wrote that would provoke that sentiment.

Rodgers did not take COVID-19 or the NFLPA/NFL's rules seriously.😡

Funny, the guy who refused to clarify what he meant by our offense "seems off", now demands explanations for emote reactions.

6 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

The other question that is still puzzling is how/why is Beasley doing these un masked interviews??  Could it be for all his screaming and yelling about this he's also lying just like Rodgers in that he actually has been vaccinated?  But he's just such a strong believer in person freedoms that he's on this rant??  He wouldn't be the first to do this, but maybe the loudest!

Legally ignorance of the law doesn't make you innocent.  Same would apply to job rules/contracts I would think.

Not suspended for not being honest with the press but fined for not following the NFL regulations.  He should be treated just as everyone else has.  Star status or ignorance status doesnt change that.

Bills interviews are usually done outside.  Dont need the mask outside for interviews.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I know the NFLPA argued for a number of last-minute changes to the protocols.  For example, the NFL originally wanted vaccinated and unvaccinated players to wear different colored wristbands and the NFLPA said "Ah....No." 

But if you search online sometimes it's far easier to find the original protocols than the revisions, leading to people saying that unvaccinated players can't fly on the same charter (which I don't believe is correct - it was the original plan and then teams objected)

But I don't know, except as I said - a lot of players around the league who are believed to be unvaccinated based upon their personal statements, are giving pressers in person and unmasked.

If the presser is outside they dont need a mask.  On tv outside pressers may look to be inside because of staging but they arent necessarily inside.  Bills do it outside mostly during practice week.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Legally ignorance of the law doesn't make you innocent.  Same would apply to job rules I would think.

Not suspended for not being honest with the press but fined for not following the NFL regulations.  He should be treated just as everyone else has.  Star status or ignorance status doesnt change that.

Bills interviews are usually done outside.  Dont need the mask outside for interviews.

Is that correct?  It seems as though when we travel the guys are inside and also sometimes postgame in B'lo - I don't see rain, wind, etc.??? - it seems like it's being done in a room

Maybe it's a screened off part of the fieldhouse and if the # of people is kept low it's OK?

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Is that correct?  It seems as though when we travel the guys are inside and also sometimes postgame in B'lo - I don't see rain, wind, etc.??? - it seems like it's being done in a room

Yes.  Listen to some of Diggs interviews.  They are clearly outside.  You can hear all kinds of noise.  Diggs sometimes joked about it.

To be more clear, I am not saying they are outside all the time but I am fairly certain like the media times at practice are outside.  Sometimes other interviews are zoom calls too.

Edited by Scott7975

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Lied to his teammates, to his coaches and administrative folks, to the fans, to other players in the league, to reporters and other individuals in close contact.  Rogers is a real gem.

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

If you were caught in a lie about your job, that involves your performance of that job, then generally speaking, there should be hell to pay.

Slow it down, folks.  We don't know yet whether he lied to his coaches and other Green Bay or NFL employees or people in actual close contact with him.

That tar will get too thick to spread if you keep it hot too long.

Lied to reporters thus fans, I would say "yes".  Others may disagree 🤷‍♂️.  But some would say he has no obligation to be truthful to the press.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

if he says something that "even he doesn't really believe'' is true, he's lying.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Then Rodgers is an idiot if he'd said he was allergic nobody would have complained, that is a real thing for some people and why herd immunity is so important. This honestly feels like he's throwing ***** at the wall to see what sticks.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Rodgers needs to stow his indignation.  He's the one who said "Yeah" when asked if he was vaccinated, followed by "I've been immunized"

Rodgers has apparently no concern about what catching the virus would do to his fatherhood (or other physical capabilities), long term - even though (since it's a novel virus) that is totally unknown, and historically, long-term effects from viruses >>>> long-term effects from vaccines.

Debating this beyond the scope but it needs to be noted that epidemiologists and virologists whose full time job it is to track illness across the country and review and collect all the evidence concluded that yes, in fact, the unvaccinated are driving the pandemic in this country currently.

Please note that what Rodgers says is in-bounds here, but generally discussing whether Rodgers beliefs are correct or incorrect and whether his decision to consult Joe Rogan rather than a physician for treatment is wise or unwise are beyond the scope; Somewhere Else, Not Here.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

KAaron Rogers is a lying scumbag. He said yeah yes to question if he took vaccination then added "I have been immunized"

immunized definition is as follows:

im·mu·nize

/ˈimyəˌnīz/

verb

past tense: immunized; past participle: immunized

make (a person or animal) immune to infection, typically by inoculation.

"the vaccine is used to immunize children against measles"

he can play the word game all day long but he loses this one.

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

MSM wants the NFL to fine him $1 mill for this. 🤡 

he should be suspended. This goes far beyond a player forgetting to mask up quick enough as he walks into workout areas like McKenzie and Beasly were caught and fined for. 

He broke every protocol rule. Halloween party with over 3. Out with players. Making commercials and doing endorsement media. Lying about vax status to avoid following unvax rules. No mask at pc. No mask on sidelines like Wentz had on last night.

Edited by cba fan

29 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Then Rodgers is an idiot if he'd said he was allergic nobody would of complained, that is a real thing for some people and why herd immunity is so important. This honestly feels like he's throwing ***** at the wall to see what sticks.

Plainly put: Rodgers and every other football player have the NFLPA-negotiated right to not be vaccinated. 

That is their decision.

They don't need to justify, explain, or discuss their decision.  Not to you, not to me, not to reporters, not to anyone.

Most of them are getting no crap at all for that private and personal decision because - wait for it - they are keeping it private and personal.

Oh, and guess what's happened when players have followed that path -  🦗🦗.  Josh says flat out "I'm going to keep that in house" or "I'm going to keep that private", End of Discussion right there.

The only ones who are getting crap for it, are the ones who have chosen to go public with their debatable beliefs and reasons

or by ..... wait for it....lying about it like Rodgers did.

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

MSM wants the NFL to fine him $1 mill for this. 🤡 

You forgot the "I think" or "I believe" in there, since in fact that suggestion has not been made by anyone.  Well, maybe some dude on twitter somewhere but calling that MSM is a stretch.

I personally think it's 100% bogus that our guys Beas and 'lil Dirty get socked $14k of their hard earned money by the NFL but the NFL is *crickets* on Rodgers so far. 

I personally would like to see him fined, Big Time, but I expect that "lying to fans and media about vax status" is not against NFL rules. 🤷‍♂️ and I think the Packers are too wussified to step on the tootsies of their Great Big Star, however he behaves.

8 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

No he shouldn’t. The woke mob needs to put down their pitchforks and torches.  This behavior is uncalled for. 

It’s his choice, he obviously feels the risks outweigh the rewards. Let him be. 

has nothing to do with woke crowd.

has everything to do with following workplace rules or face the consequences. That is not racial.

if KAaron Rodgers does not get hefty fines and discipline then all players fined for protocol violations need to do a class action vs NFL to get all their money back.

Edited by cba fan
  • Agree 2

This is typical KAaron Rodgers. He doesn’t like being criticised. He knew what he’s was doing when he purposefully lied about his vaccination status. He did it, because he didn’t want to be criticised or questioned.

And now he’s in full on melt down mode for being criticised for lying.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

No he shouldn’t. The woke mob needs to put down their pitchforks and torches.  This behavior is uncalled for. 

It’s his choice, he obviously feels the risks outweigh the rewards. Let him be. 

Again, note that the debate isn't about his choice.

No one is questioning his choice (at least not here)

It's his behavior around it that's the issue - lying about his vax status, possibly violating NFL covid protocols to conceal his lie.

I think it's probably not a suspendable offense, but argue the facts, not the straw-man of "choice" here.  Choice is not the issue.

And again, I think it would totally suck if they dock our guys $14k for being slow to put a mask on but A-Rod can lie like a rug, break protocols to conceal his lie, and have that pass by.  But I recognize life isn't fair.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You forgot the "I think" or "I believe" in there, since in fact that suggestion has not been made by anyone.  Well, maybe some dude on twitter somewhere but calling that MSM is a stretch.

I personally think it's 100% bogus that our guys Beas and 'lil Dirty get socked $14k of their hard earned money by the NFL but the NFL is *crickets* on Rodgers so far. 

I personally would like to see him fined, Big Time, but I expect that "lying to fans and media about vax status" is not against NFL rules. 🤷‍♂️ and I think the Packers are too wussified to step on the tootsies of their Great Big Star, however he behaves.

I have seen one of the sports talk shows that did suggest a 1 game suspension but just fines was also thrown around, they also noted the difference between him and Kirk Cousins who also seems to ignore the protocols with the media in that he's been up front about not being vaccinated where Rodgers implied he had.

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Taking medical advice from Joe Rogan and using an out of context Martin Luther King Jr quote. This is going well. The good news is Cole Beasley is no longer the center of the anti-vax NFL crowd.

Praying "Please Beasley keep that Twitter deleted........Please Beasley keep that Twitter deleted......Please Beasley keep that Twitter deleted....."

Also praying "Everyone else on the Bills don't chime in...Everyone else on the Bills don't chime in....Everyone else on the Bills don't chime in"

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, cba fan said:

KAaron Rogers is a lying scumbag. He said yeah yes to question if he took vaccination then added "I have been immunized"

immunized definition is as follows:

im·mu·nize

/ˈimyəˌnīz/

verb

past tense: immunized; past participle: immunized

make (a person or animal) immune to infection, typically by inoculation.

"the vaccine is used to immunize children against measles"

he can play the word game all day long but he loses this one.

His version of "immunized" is homeopathic treatment. For those who don't know, homeopathy involves performing a magic ritual on water and drinking it.

• Haha (+1) 7

28 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Rodgers needs to stow his indignation.  He's the one who said "Yeah" when asked if he was vaccinated, followed by "I've been immunized"

Rodgers has apparently no concern about what catching the virus would do to his fatherhood (or other physical capabilities), long term - even though (since it's a novel virus) that is totally unknown, and historically, long-term effects from viruses >>>> long-term effects from vaccines.

Debating this beyond the scope but it needs to be noted that epidemiologists and virologists whose full time job it is to track illness across the country and review and collect all the evidence concluded that yes, in fact, the unvaccinated are driving the pandemic in this country currently.

Please note that what Rodgers says is in-bounds here, but generally discussing whether Rodgers beliefs are correct or incorrect and whether his decision to consult Joe Rogan rather than a physician for treatment is wise or unwise are beyond the scope; Somewhere Else, Not Here.

Yeah, I’m not about to get into his beliefs, but why didn’t he just say this stuff when he was asked if he was vaccinated? Or not say anything at all. It all could have much simpler. He seems to be thriving on the drama. That’s the main issue here. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Taking medical advice from Joe Rogan and using an out of context Martin Luther King Jr quote. This is going well. The good news is Cole Beasley is no longer the center of the anti-vax NFL crowd.

oof-simpsons.gif

that MLK quote geezus someone might need to unplug his mic.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

That is not the topic of this thread. There is no debate that he tested positive for COVID. I’m bringing to attention the media and even members on this site continue to team up and bully a player for medical reasons. The hatred exhibited is uncalled for. 

And I'm pointing out that you are completely incorrect in your premise.

IF Rodgers is being bullied, it's not for "medical reasons"

If it were for "medical reasons", then why aren't the other unvaccinated players facing any kind of media scrutiny or questions, let alone "bullying"?

Has anyone directed one unkind word towards Tanner Gentry or Jake Fromm for being placed on the Covid list?  Allen Lazard who is unvaccinated?  Davante Adams?  No, they have not.  The only question I heard was one reporter asking Josh whether he thought Fromm being placed on the Covid list would have any impact on the QB room and he answered "I don't think so, because in meetings we're all socially distanced".  End of story.

You are bringing to attention your false narrative that Rodgers is being "bullied" for "medical reasons", when you have absolutely failed to address the cogent point:

that Rodgers is not being "bullied for medical reasons", he's come under attack for 1) lying about his vaccination status as clearly defined by the NFLPA/NFL CBA 2) possibly violating covid protocols applicable to unvaccinated players under the NFLPA/NFL CBA

You have also failed to make any kind of a counter-argument that he is, in fact, being "bullied" or even questioned or attacked for "medical reasons" rather than the above.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 4

3 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

That is not the topic of this thread. There is no debate that he tested positive for COVID. I’m bringing to attention the media and even members on this site continue to team up and bully a player for medical reasons. The hatred exhibited is uncalled for. 

That is exactly the topic of this thread. Just because you may agree with his insanity, doesn't mean that others can't disagree. But as Hapless pointed out no one is talking about his decision to vaccinate or not to vaccinate. We are talking about misrepresenting whether or not he WAS vaccinated....and the justified punishment that should come with it.

He didn't wanna get vaccinated? Fine...follow the damn rules. What happens when you don't follow the rules your employer sets? You get some form of punishment. 

Personally I think his interview was a trainwreck into a tire-fire as far as his "image" goes and likely will cause more problems for the Packers then himself. do I think thats right? Nope. But thats whats gonna happen.