Washington Football team looking to trade for Trubisky per Chris Trapasso tweet - tweet later deleted

CorkScrewHill

1 hour ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Brandon Scherff

And a first, 

2 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Trade trubisky, would the bills sign cam Newton? 

Why on gods green earth would they sign Cam? 

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

If the guy who coached him in the Super Bowl doesnt want him, I would assume its pretty well over for ole Cam.

I agree but id rather go with cam over Webb/fromm/Barkley. I don't believe any of those guys could win a playoff game

If trubisky is traded, I hope we have a new back up ready to go 

He's on a one year deal and he's not seeing the field unless something bad happens.  I say trade him for any mid-round pick you can get.  The biggest issue is if Josh gets concussed or something in a playoff game, but I think you take that risk.  If Mitch were on a 3 year deal, this would be a different conversation.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheBrownBear said:

He's on a one year deal and he's not seeing the field unless something bad happens.  I say trade him for any mid-round pick you can get.  The biggest issue is if Josh gets concussed or something in a playoff game, but I think you take that risk.  If Mitch were on a 3 year deal, this would be a different conversation.

But I’m pretty sure we get a decent comp pick if Mitch signs a nice deal somewhere

else after the season, so why trade him for a 3d or 4th round pick now?

4 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I agree but id rather go with cam over Webb/fromm/Barkley. I don't believe any of those guys could win a playoff game

If trubisky is traded, I hope we have a new back up ready to go 

If you have to look at it holistically.   Is Cam more naturally gifted than those guys, yes.   But his arm is gone, he doesnt know the system, and he has a box of rocks between his ears.   If Josh goes down its over regardless.   Better to let the guys who have spent time here play, than bring in a 6'6 distraction.

1 minute ago, mannc said:

But Trubisky’s salary is only $2 million this year…

Is that all they save on the cap by trading him? Thought he was like an 8-10 mil cap hit 

5 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

If you have to look at it holistically.   Is Cam more naturally gifted than those guys, yes.   But his arm is gone, he doesnt know the system, and he has a box of rocks between his ears.   If Josh goes down its over regardless.   Better to let the guys who have spent time here play, than bring in a 6'6 distraction.

Not my first choice either but if I had to pick a qb between Webb/fromm/newton to win a playoff game playing 3.5 quarters because your starting QB is out for the rest of the game, I don't have much faith in scoring any points with a webb or fromm led offense

2 hours ago, Gonzonzo said:

Maybe we can get Fitz (and a 2nd) in return.

Once he recovery he can be te new back up QB.

Yikes.

You do know the Fitz cycle....that scares the crap out me we need JA17 healthy

I would prefer Heineken as part of the trade ;) 

At least he doesn't have a curse attached to him ;)

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

I'd rather have a rehabbing Fitz.  After watching Newton play us twice last season, he's done like dinner.

He’s done as a starter. But not the worst backup for Allen and he’s worked with Dorsey before. Beane and McDermott know him very well and Seem to like him. Just saying, if Mitch got moved, it wouldn’t shock me. 

40 minutes ago, mannc said:

But I’m pretty sure we get a decent comp pick if Mitch signs a nice deal somewhere

I don't think he gets traded for a pick. 

He gets traded if we can get what Beane thinks is a missing piece for this season, to a team that believes Trubisky is a missing piece they need this season.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s done as a starter. But not the worst backup for Allen and he’s worked with Dorsey before. Beane and McDermott know him very well and Seem to like him. Just saying, if Mitch got moved, it wouldn’t shock me. 

I don't like the move in terms of locker room chemistry (Cam I mean).  Or Fitz, for that matter.

• Like (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Yikes.

You do know the Fitz cycle....that scares the crap out me we need JA17 healthy

I would prefer Heineken as part of the trade ;) 

At least he doesn't have a curse attached to him ;)

Before Fitz sets foot on One Bills Drive Josh would have to be bathed in holy water.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He gets traded if we can get what Beane thinks is a missing piece for this season, to a team that believes Trubisky is a missing piece they need this season.

I don't like the move in terms of locker room chemistry (Cam I mean).  Or Fitz, for that matter.

I would much rather have Fitz than Cam as a backup, Fitz cycle aside. Cam is toast. RFP would be fine in the locker room. 

47 minutes ago, mannc said:

He'd need to get at least $15 mil per year, maybe $20 mil per year to net us a 3rd round pick. I don't really see it unless Allen gets hurt and Trubisky steps in and flourishes. Not impossible, but I think it's probably more likely that whatever contract he signs positions us for a 5th or 6th round comp pick (and maybe doesn't generate a pick at all depending on what we do in the offseason).

Having said that, I think he's probably worth keeping around unless we're offered a 1st or 2nd round pick which would shock the hell out of me.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, MrSarcasm said:

No team in their right mind would give up a 1st or 2nd to rent a player for a half season. With that being said, the Saints should be calling right now for Trubisky and offering a 3rd rounder. 

yeah I can see this as an offer and just as quickly Beane saying no thanks. I don't  think its compensation enough...even though for Trubiskys sake he getting a startig gig wouldnt suck. But he will get that next year anyway right? Renta QB for a backup going into a possible super bowl run? I love the frank reich analogy....Any team that wants Trubisky better pay out the wazoo or no deal.  jmo

m

Edited by Muppy
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

He'd need to get at least $15 mil per year, maybe $20 mil per year to net us a 3rd round pick. I don't really see it unless Allen gets hurt and Trubisky steps in and flourishes. Not impossible, but I think it's probably more likely that whatever contract he signs positions us for a 5th or 6th round comp pick (and maybe doesn't generate a pick at all depending on what we do in the offseason).

Having said that, I think he's probably worth keeping around unless we're offered a 1st or 2nd round pick which would shock the hell out of me.

Week 18, anything is possible. Just ask Matt Flynn. 1 game can get qbs paid 

2 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Week 18, anything is possible. Just ask Matt Flynn. 1 game can get qbs paid 

Like I said, it's possible, but probably very unlikely. The QBs to generate a 3rd or 4th round comp pick the last few years are Tom Brady, Philip Rivers, and Teddy Bridgewater (after he had a 5-0 record with New Orleans).

23 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I guess I'd be kinda surprised if we actually trade Trubisky. Feel like we'd get a 4th, maybe a 3rd if we're lucky. And I'm not sure that's worth not having him around in case of an Allen absence.

Yeah the Bills are only 1/3 of the way into hopefully a 20 or 21 game season...........and Allen is running the ball more than ideal and taking a good deal of hits.........I'd be hesitant to trade Trubisky.    As much as another pass rusher or CB might be nice they should be looking to upgrade the interior OL first.  

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I wouldn’t like it either. But it wouldn’t shock me.

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I wouldn’t like it either. But it wouldn’t shock me.

Trubisky is honestly the perfect back up for this team but if he is traded cam isn't a terrible option

If your back up has to play the rest of the season/playoffs your season is over with anyway no matter who your back up is

The bills are near the point where to win a super bowl you want a back up QB to be able to win 1.5 playoff games (my opinion). I think Newton is a good option for that, not because he is good or will win us the games but because he can play a style and have a set game plan ready to go mid game. He gets into the game you go ball control, power sets QB run runs, short passes and you try to win the game by 3pts. Like the style of play fits the rest of the team(defense&special teams)

I would much rather keep trubisky but I see the reasoning behind newton being a solid option

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.