Washington Football team looking to trade for Trubisky per Chris Trapasso tweet - tweet later deleted

CorkScrewHill

2 minutes ago, LEBills said:

it is in the link but you have to scroll down, about 50 minutes ago in the running update thread on that page

As I mentioned, the tweet that they pulled in doesn’t exist. It may have existed at one time, but it isn’t out there now. I’m not saying it isn’t true but on trade deadline day might want to edit the thread title to indicate “rumor” at the very least since it’s not out there anywhere else either. The thread title is stated as a fact/actual report and is misleading 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Trubisky is a great insurance policy, and there is nobody else on the roster to fill that role. They would need to get Fitz in return, and I can't see Beane making a trade without improving the team for this year's playoff run, so any deal would also have to bring another player back to Buffalo. Preferably an interior OL.

Why would he trade Trubisky for a pick unless they were out of the playoff mix? If anything, Beane should be sending picks with Trubisky to get a nice return for this year's playoff run. I'm thinking Mitch plus a day 3 pick for Fitz plus a Guard. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

As I mentioned, the tweet that they pulled in doesn’t exist. It may have existed at one time, but it isn’t out there now

Im not trying to argue, but it appears some of those updates are tweets and some are posts by the crew that run the website.

Jeff Kerr also has some posts to the timeline that I don’t see on his twitter

Just now, LEBills said:

Im not trying to argue, but it appears some of those updates are tweets and some are posts by the crew that run the website.

Jeff Kerr also has some posts to the timeline that I don’t see on his twitter

Ah, I see. It must be a post on the site. 

Trapasso does say this:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Fitz, Scherff, and a 3rd rounder next year, or no deal.  For us to give up our insurance policy, we need one back, plus interest.

A healthy Fitz, yeah, but at this point, nobody knows when he'll be cleared to play.

https://www.nfl.com/news/washington-qb-taylor-heinicke-to-remain-starter-with-ryan-fitzpatrick-hip-still-

31 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I like having Trubisky for insurance in case Allen gets hurt. 

I agree, the insurance Mitch provides should Allen go down is very valuable. Also add in that he would probably play well based on what we have heard in practice and pre season and his value could skyrocket if Allen were to miss a few games.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.